What Do You Use to Record Gaming Footage?

Simple question, I know, but this is coming from someone who has never even attempted to record footage while playing a game. I'd like to start and I'd like the videos to be of respectable quality, but I have zero clue where to begin in the search for decent recording software.

If all of you YouTubers out there wouldn't mind helping me out, I'd like to know the name of the software, their website and price (if applicable).

It's greatly appreciated!
"I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

Comments

• ShadeeShadee Posts: 399 Site Admin
    I use Open Broadcaster Software (https://obsproject.com/). :)
    -Dee.
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 Posts: 113 Seed
    I use Fraps, but without paying it has a watermark, i think. If I have any problems OBS is my second choice :)
    It could also be useful to edit it after recording, a good free program is Lightworks, but it's free version doesn't have lots of rendering options. For free, Windows movie maker is pretty much the best imp.
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel Posts: 191 Seed
    http://ohsoft.net/en/product_ocam.php oCam is what I've used for screen capture. Its freeware, seems to run well, no lag like some other ones I've tried. Its not professional, but I "did" pay for one called movavi game capture on amazon.com and it was the worst piece of software I've ever tried. the colours were washed, it was horribly laggy and tons of screen tearing. the oCam on the same machine ( I can literally side by side the recording clients ) will be lag free and look really clean and good colour.

If you plan on using Premiere, for editing, and any screen video capture, test it on the settings and make sure you are capturing in something Premiere will take, because it really is a pain to find a good converter that doesn't leave your video looking worse for wear.