Z placement mode, place an entire stack

adam27adam27 REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
How do i place an entire stack of items with the new z placement mode in 0.8.7? it was my most used feature beforehand as i stored bulk items such as wood in neat piles, and various dirt/sand in another pile as complete stacks of items.

Comments

• CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    Unfortunately, you cannot place a full stack of items with z-place in 0.8.7
  • adam27adam27 REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
    edited November 2015
    will this be changed in a future release? it was a pretty important feature being able to drop an entire stack of items and not worry about them despawning.
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    Adam, you can make wicker baskets, and chests and other storage devices to put full stacks of things in.

I do think I understand what you mean though, you want the piles for decoration like on shelves and so on in you r house?
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    We've added dropping a full stack of items with z-placement into 0.8.8. Just hold down the right mouse button (default key) when in z-placement.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    ah cool. So single right mouse button would be one stack but holding right mouse button would be whole stack?
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    Correct