Ars Arcanus

1404142434446»

Comments

• ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    It liiiiiiiivesssss.

I'm hoping no man's sky is good, but waiting for reviews before I'll buy. I'm also hoping Sony will give me my PSN account back so I'd be able to use it to play online.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I just want to sit back and see No Man's Sky happen in the internet.

While waiting for a great sale for it, that is.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Pretty good plan.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I've got it pre-ordered, so when I get it I can give a brief summary if you like. What's the state of TUG atm? last I saw there was a recipe book?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    I'd appreciate a summary.

From my last run around the forums for info we're still during the giant pause of sorts while they do a full engine rewrite. They're all very hard at work, but we aren't hearing much from them till they get something more solid back up and running in the new engine.
    So far we've been told that the engine rewrite should be released in next year's winter.
    Besides that, there's barely anything to say for now.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    You're kidding. Winter 2017? Geez
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    Slight update on that: winter 2016
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    Well OK then
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I'm a little upset that they have the pc release on friday while ps4 got it today
    5.jpg
    I forgot it was coming out on PC. I'll just get it there then if I buy it. No more funny business with Sony.
    I should be getting my copy in about 6 hours
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    So it begins. Hope it turns out nice.
    First impressions: it's a Minecraft/tug/planetes clone with spaceflight tacked on. You mine resources with your mining laser/ laser gun. One you've fixed them, you can radar pulse and analyze objects and creatures with the appropriate equipment. On the planet I started on, I could find stones that taught me a singular word for the local sentient species (or the local spacefaring species), a feature I find much better than Tuggles, imho. Haven't done much spaceflight yet
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info Testament. From what I've been hearing I think I'm going to wait a bit for some more content to be patched in. It looks like a game I probably want to own, but not run out to get.
    edited August 2016
    I did only play for about an hour or so, so I didn't get very deep into the content. I didn't see any building mechanics, so it's just mining for resources
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    That's just what I've heard. That there isn't a whole lot to actually "do" in it.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I have played about 28 hours of no mans sky I have been having fun with it so far. I would say maybe hold off and wait for a sale but I do think its worth playing. Noticed that the closer I get to the center I see more variety but that could just be me also they are working on a new patch that will add base building and it says you can own giant space freighters. But when I hear own space freighters I dont think they mean fly or pilot
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I would say my favorite thing about no mans sky are the caves on planets . Like I have been on some planets that have cave systems that go on forever and sometimes go under water. Wandering around on a planet going in the caves being attacked by flying spiders makes me feel like how I imagined exploring in tug would be.
    you see things in no mans sky that tug talks about wanting to do and it makes me feel better knowing its possible because i've seen it myself.
    P.S I still cant wait for Tug to get back in gear!!
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Yeah, thats one of the feelings I got too, that NMS was doing a few things that tug was already/ supposed to be doing
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    The organization list is going to be remade anew. For this I'd appreciate if you were to confirm that Ars Arcanus is indeed still a thing, so that it may have it's own entry in said list.
    It is indeed still a thing, we're just hibernating atm
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    edited September 2016
    @Wingidon a member of the council questioning our thingness lol?

Jokes aside it's nice to see that someone's going to go around and check on all the various organizations. As current head of commerce I try to keep at least a basic understanding of the other groups out there. A task that has gotten rather hard lately.
    Well, I am not going to check much beyond Ars Arcanus, but it's good to know that we are as much of a thing as ever.

We've pretty much become the biggest organization in the community, actually.
    We've actually been the biggest and most active for a long time, even before TUGs hibernation started.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    yep
    5.jpg
  • CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    I agree, I have followed this group for awhile and you guys are insanely active compared to the rest.
    -Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
    "I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    I just hope we can resummon the rest of our members once Ars starts existing in game as well. It's good to see that a lot of the members of the council still check in every now and then.
  • AmonostAmonost REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    I'm still here.
    6.jpg