Can't Start Game.

IDK90IDK90 REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
I bought the game a few months back when it went on sale on humble bundle. Just like everyone else, I didn't know it wasn't a steam key so when I got the launcher I had problems. I was told my graphics card doesn't support DX11 so I uninstalled the game and didn't go back. I recently re-downloaded it after figuring out that my graphics card does support DX11 and when it downloaded the game starts and quits.

Any help?

Comments

• MeldrixMeldrix REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    What graphics card do you have, if you post your system specs we can help identify the issues that might be related to your system.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Another quick way to find out if you're truly running DX11 (even if your card says it supports it, sometimes the DDI version is presented differently), is to launch 'dxdiag' from Start -> Run, then check all of your Display tabs. Look at the Drivers section and if the "DDI Version" isn't showing "11," you're not going to be able to run the game.

If you have multiple screens, check each of the Display tabs. If one shows "11" and another doesn't, you may be able to disable the lower level display and launch the game that way.

If everything shows "11," do as Meldrix suggests and post your system info here, or e-mail [email protected] for additional assistance.

Hope this helps!
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • IDK90IDK90 REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    Yes, I checked dxdiag before posting this and it does say "DDI Version 11". I don't have more than one screen.

System Specs:
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8400 @3.00 GHz 3.00 GHz
    RAM: 4GB
    Nvidia GeForce GT 220
    Motherboard: Pegatron Corporation 2A84H
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 400 Site Admin
    edited October 2015
    Hi @IDK90 it's very odd that your DDI version would display as 11. The GT 220 is listed as a DirectX 10.1 capable card (Geforce.com feature list: http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-220/features). I'm not saying it's not displaying 11 in DxDiag, but it sounds like it may be a manufacturer's text error. :(
    -Dee.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • IDK90IDK90 REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    So I found out that the DDI says 11, but the feature levels say up to 10.1. Wierd
    Yea. first one is saying your operating system can support DX11, second is saying your hardware cannot support DX11. Both are important.
  • lifeundonelifeundone REGISTERED Posts: 7 Podling
    im having the same problem. i can run other dx11 games no problem. my specs are
    win 8.1 64bit
    processor amd fx-6300
    graphic card asus amd r9 285 oc
    23.jpg
    next thing would be updating any graphics drivers
    already done
    23.jpg
    Is it any particular error displayed? or just when you try to start TUG it closed down again.
    it opens and says its updating then it goes away and then a window opens for a split second then shuts down no explanation.
    23.jpg
    Sounds like the TUG launcher as oppose to steam, correct? how long ago did you download the launcher?

As a guess, this may be fixed by doing a new download and a clean install.
    edited December 2015
    I have tried both but i have no problem trying a reinstall

Ok reinstalled through steam and it seams to work but now the top quarter of the menu screen is to high and i cant move it down... but it does work
    23.jpg
    alt + enter