Dedicated Servers?

PingperfectPingperfect REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
Good Morning

We have been contacted by a group of players that want us to host this game for them. We have previously reached out to the developers in both July and September but have had no contact from them regarding the status of dedicated servers.

So my question is, are dedicated servers within the game yet and if so is anyone able to point me to some instructions?

Thank You
Pingperfect

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 510 Seed
    As far as I know, dedicated servers are actively being developed and there are a few servers helping out with testing. Try get in contact with the devs again.

Any reason you can think of as to why they didn't respond before?
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • PingperfectPingperfect REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    If I don't have any luck through the forums or contact via email in the next week I will follow up with another email. No idea why they are not replying, hopefully its just a technical issue somewhere rather than them ignoring us as I don't want to believe the devs would do that
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    Whom have you been contacting about this? Were you just asking about when dedicated servers would release? There's no current set release date as we're still in internal testing, so public access to it has been pretty limited due to various requirements and bugs.

If you want to pursue this further, go through [email protected] and say that, in this post, Cobell asked you to send an email about dedicated servers. Include your email contact info in it, and we can do some additional communication about this.
  • StilleVandeStilleVande REGISTERED Posts: 81 Seed
    edited October 2015
    One thing of note. The dedicated server binary is still in VERY early Alpha, and Nerd Kingdom is being very selective as to who recieves the binary ATM. It's currently only being handed out to select groups and/or people that are testing the builds for them. So, go forward knowing that if you are chosen to help in Alpha testing, Nerd Kingdom expects feedback from you. :)

It is in Alpha and not in general release and all. :pirate:

On top of that, also make sure you have the hardware to run the server. I believe the minimum requirement is a modern 8core system (which would prolly only do 5-6 players) and 8G RAM, along with plenty of bandwidth to spare.

For instance, my dedicated server runs Dual Xeon 5650's (24core system) with 72G of RAM, and I have a 200M/20M connection, and I can only handle around 15 players.

The dedicated binary is very is resource intensive. :)
    Seriously, it's Faroese for Calm Water. - StilleVande
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-1.png
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-2.png
  • PingperfectPingperfect REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    edited October 2015
    email sent to [email protected] Wed 29/07/2015 11:33 Assigned ticket ID 1459 which was assigned to Graziella Finch, followed up by email September 27th but no reply and ticket closed again
    Will email again as suggested.

Oh and fyi we are a GSP so have plenty of hardware :)

E3's and E5's not as many cores but far quicker clock speeds usually make the world of difference to these kind of games, 32 or 64GB ram per machine and on 1G/1G connections

Thanks guys
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    edited October 2015
    Hi Pingperfect. We received your messages and they were forwarded on to the team. The initial one read like a general server hosting sales pitch e-mail, and since we weren't quite at that point yet in our server's development, that's likely why you hadn't been contacted for a follow up at that time.

I've forwarded your latest one as well, so that someone on our dev. team can look it over.

Please understand that in this particular case (for business proposals), a ticket being closed means that it has been seen and forwarded to the right people, as the people manning the support ticket system are there for answering customer's game- and account related issues.

-Dee.
  • StilleVandeStilleVande REGISTERED Posts: 81 Seed

email sent to [email protected] Wed 29/07/2015 11:33 Assigned ticket ID 1459 which was assigned to Graziella Finch, followed up by email September 27th but no reply and ticket closed again
    Will email again as suggested.

Oh and fyi we are a GSP so have plenty of hardware :)

E3's and E5's not as many cores but far quicker clock speeds usually make the world of difference to these kind of games, 32 or 64GB ram per machine and on 1G/1G connections

Thanks guys

Perfect! The Dev Team prefers potential candidates with Enterprise level Hardware ATM. Remember they will expect feedback on issues with the binary and networking and possible enhancements.

Good luck, and may the Force be with you. :)
    Seriously, it's Faroese for Calm Water. - StilleVande
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-1.png
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-2.png