Signs and other forms of writing

Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
I'd like to have signs available, It would be rather handy at times!
Parchment too, for writing notes and so on could be handy as well.

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I say yes to this.
    And knowing the plans of this game, I am expecting said signs to have the messages written right there, rather than making a box pop up with the message, right?
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Wingidon said:

I say yes to this.
    And knowing the plans of this game, I am expecting said signs to have the messages written right there, rather than making a box pop up with the message, right?

I should think so.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed

I'd like to have signs available, It would be rather handy at times!
    Parchment too, for writing notes and so on could be handy as well.

This is a great idea and I've been thinking about it for a while, as far as execution and game immersion goes. I wonder if it would be a step too far for some players if these signs/notes were written in runic and players had to decipher them.
    Wingidon said:

I say yes to this.

Exactly this. Though, depending on the clarity of the texts, it might be helpful to have the familiar tooltip.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    I'd say a couple fonts could be employed for the game for various stages of Seedolution ( Seed Evolution hehe ) for the signs themselves. but for a book I'd say a clear font default to times or something readable would be more than fine. a parchment notice perhaps, ( tacked up on a wall ) might follow the basic fonts also. i am hoping that no pop up boxes would ever be needed for a sign, perhaps though for parchment, and definitely for a book.
    Could even go as far to have a mini 'paint' option for the signs, too.. instead of font.
    Seedlings need their refrigerator artwork too... *chuckles* :)
  • TronkinTronkin REGISTERED Posts: 15 Seed
    I like the idea of having a paint option. What if there were paint 'stamps' (handprints, lines, animal figures, trees) that you could place on walls, trees, rocks and more? Then people could create images like the Lascaux Caves in their mines.
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed
    since the talk of building becoming components, awhile back as a possibility, I started trying out RUST again, as its building system sounds a lot like what will be proposed,
    Part of somehting RUST has, is like an MS paint feature on signs and paintings, and someone has cleverly devised a plugin mod for it, to allow players to upload from websites signed messages pictures etc.
    I am thinking that could be very well how something like this could work.