Bug: Wooden Spear item loss

SquigglesSquiggles REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
While attempting to place a wooden spear on the map with the Z toggle option, the spear disappeared.

Detailed: When in Z toggle the spear's placement preview graphic would vanish and the attempt at placing it on map anyways will cause the item to despawn rather than be placed on the map. It is unknown if this bug happens with other items.

Attempt at replicating bug proved successful after a game restart.

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    I have a similar thing happen occasionally with z placement, though when it does I move the camera up. So far the object has just been hidden below the terrain but I can understand if it disappeared after placing it below the terrain.

I could be mistaken in my assumptions about the situation?
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    You can definitely lose items in z-placement if you place them past voxels. They won't stick to anything so will just fall out of the world. There is no collision check anymore with z-placement, so you have essentially free range to place it anywhere.

As I've been able to place things, if this isn't what is happening, could you take an example screenshot of what specific spear and where you are trying to place it? Take the screenshot right before you would right click to place it.