Question for LUA Experts on Wandering Pets

CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
Would it be possible to make a change to the pet scripts so that when they wander, they make their way back to their owner's spawn point? Or near it?

Yes, I've lost a lot of pets. :'(
"I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

Best Answer

• PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Accepted Answer
    I'm not a Lua expert, so I shouldn't be answering this, but I'm pretty sure it is possible. If I remember correctly the pet has a link with the player(script), that way you can get the spawn point of the player.. Though it can bring a lot of problems, changing AIs :)
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web

Answers

• CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    I'm getting better with the LUA side of things. It's about all I've really been able to figure out in the way of "mods," if you considering manipulating scripts modding. I may just have to dive in and see what I can hash out. Most likely it will have to be when I return from vacation.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Take a look at this if you have questions and want a quick answer :)
    TUG Modder
    Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
    YouTube: IKStream!
    Site: Pixel's Web
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Thanks, Pixel. I may need to actually install Skype..
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    Also train you pets more! Well in future updates that will be the game play. Better trained pets sit and stay longer and are not as free spirited. You'll also see some downsides in combat scenarios with unruly pets.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux