The Bed Time mod [0.8.6]

RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
edited August 2015 in Custom Objects
This mod is for anyone interested in getting decent sleep :)
features:
THE POWER NAP - sleep for an hour during the day
GOOD SLEEP - lay that head down, close those eyes, morning is coming (Must be night time).

Instructions:
Download
unzip to TUG/Mods folder
add "Mods/BedTimeMod" (with the quotation marks) to the mods.txt file within the TUG/Config folder
Start up TUG

Enjoy.

P.S.
If you'd like to tweak the values the spoiler below has a picture showing where you can edit it.

Programmer, designer, artist.

Comments

• Wilson423Wilson423 REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    So I put this in the suggestion thread, but hey! It would make a good mod to(if your interested and can be done in multi player)..

>>>Just an idea from a guy that AFK's a lot: Could we have a bed that lets us 'sleep' in multi player that doesn't let us starve to death while we deal with RL? Just a little pause button so I can quit logging out to log back in a few minutes later. Hell, I would be happy with a mindful meditation mantra something or other after smelting a tin foil hat as long as I'm alive when I return. =D
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    edited August 2015
    Sorry. Need to work on my other projects. That Fungal Ent ain't gonna make itself.

Though to be honest, this mod didn't take me long. If you're interested in mods and modding could you head over to the wiki . Some feedback on what to add next or improve upon would be appreciated.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    edited August 2015
    Another great mod, @Rawr. I'll definitely be using this one a lot.
    Wilson423 said:

So I put this in the suggestion thread, but hey! It would make a good mod to(if your interested and can be done in multi player)..

>>>Just an idea from a guy that AFK's a lot: Could we have a bed that lets us 'sleep' in multi player that doesn't let us starve to death while we deal with RL? Just a little pause button so I can quit logging out to log back in a few minutes later. Hell, I would be happy with a mindful meditation mantra something or other after smelting a tin foil hat as long as I'm alive when I return. =D

@Wilson423 , this is a really great idea too. As someone with two kids (and currently 3 others living in my house), it would be really nice to step away from multiplayer and not have to worry about starvation before I sit back down.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • Wilson423Wilson423 REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    I am excited to see the Ent come to life!
  • stormcrowstormcrow REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    I feel like I'm missing something here, as nobody else has posted any issues. For me, sleeping doesn't seem to make time pass. When I sleep (night or day) the moon and sun don't change positions at all.

I double checked the install and I don't think I installed it wrong. I have the UFI mod installed as well and it seems to work just fine. I also didn't fiddle with the time settings for this mod.

Any ideas?
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    At the moment, sleeping in a bed does nothing but replenish health and energy. Unless you have a mod installed that specifically makes time pass while you sleep, you'll "wake up" at the same time you went to sleep.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    @stormcrow if you're comfortable with enabling the console, we can double check that it was installed correctly via the following: After entering a game "Don't forget to get to bed on time" should be printed to the console. If those words do pop up in the console and time isn't changed when interacting with a bed then it is something I need to have a look at, otherwise sorry but it hasn't been installed properly.

Enabling the console:
    -Go to TUG/Config/user_config.txt
    -Set ENABLECONSOLE = 1
    -Restart TUG
    Thanks for the quick replay @Rawr . "Don't forget to get to bed on time" is indeed printed in the console, but no time change upon sleeping.
    edited August 2015
    Ah very good! ok well at this point theirs two things to try:
    # 1 - Jump into a game, hit enter, type: /time 0 and then interact with a bed. If no change to time try...
    # 2 - Go into TUG/Config/mods.txt and change it to look like the code below, then repeat #1
    Mods { "Mods/BedTimeMod" "Game/Dev" "Game/Creative" "Game/Survival" "Game/Core" }

If # 1 works then what happened was THE POWER NAP! i.e. because it was day time only a relatively short amount of time passed. Setting the time to 0 forced some GOOD SLEEP to occur. Looking directly at the sun (don't do that IRL) while interacting with a bed and you'll be able to see the distance the sun moves when it fades back in.
    If # 2 works then my guess is that you had "Mods/BedTimeMod" somewhere towards the bottom of the list meaning that the normal scripts would've been run instead.
    If neither worked then I'm fresh out of ideas. Working fine my side of things.
    Yep, turns out I did have "Mods/BedTimeMod" near the bottom so it was a scrip run order problem. A rather obvious fix to try when you think about it, but for some reason it didn't occur to me. Thanks @Rawr !