How did farming/planting change?

reedooreedoo REGISTERED Posts: 151 Seed
So I haven't kicked up TUG for quite a few patched now, and started to till some land and plant - but nothing will plant. Apples, Oranges, Seeds, Cherries - nothing will *plant* will only place on the ground. However when I put a mushroom down it magically planted into the soil (that's new for me!)

What's going on? I can't figure out what has changed.

Comments

• CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    It might be that the plot of land that you have prepared isn't large enough. I know I was initially surprised at just how large and area was necessary for each plant, before the ground would accept it as a seed and I didn't just drop the object.

Try tilling a much large space and start with a single plant seed, just to see if it will take.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    Nothing should have changed with planting. We've simply expanded what things you can plant.

Sanity check: you are using seeds and not the fruit themselves?
    What I expect is actually the cause: each type of seed has a radius check to see if there are objects too close to the seed. Each plant likes a certain amount of space to grow in.

If not either of these, get us a screenshot of the area you're trying to plant.
  • reedooreedoo REGISTERED Posts: 151 Seed
    I do have some random junk scattered on the ground where I have tilled my field (and yes, using the seeds) - is the radius check also using placed objects like rocks, and tools and other things? I initially thought back when I was playing that it used only other plants as a radius check.
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    Make sure that the area is clear of any obstructions, this can include other plants already in the growth process as well as placed items.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • SirOllieSirOllie REGISTERED Posts: 4 Podling
    You should put in some sort of indicator of the area needed, I lost almost all my seeds due to " eating them" because i could not plant them.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    When you fail you theorically place them in the floor, not eat them.

Unless you mess your controls, that happens a lot.