Bronze Tool Creation Bug (v0.8.5)

CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
This is a new one for me, as I've created a number of bronze age tools without running into this. However, in this particular game, it seems I'm unable to create more than just the hammer and knife I currently have.

What is happening is that when I attempt to create the tool, the completed tool appears above the components, but cannot be picked up and the components are still below it and can be retrieved without an issue. The end result is no completed tools and the image of the completed tool, irretrievable, stays in the air above the area I tried to create the tool in.

This bug doesn't seem to be crashing the game, but I'd sure like to be able to create these tools successfully and get rid of these mysterious, floating artifacts that now proliferate my camp.

Anybody got any suggestions?

Thanks!
"I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."

Comments

• CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Going into the save directory for the game and removing the *.dat files, then reloading seems to get rid of the artifacts, but I still can't seem to create the tools without the issue occurring.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    if you've got the steam version, I'd verify game cache and see if that helps.

in games library, right click TUG < properties < local files < verify integrity of game cache
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    That was the second thing I did and that didn't help either. It was pretty strange.

I actually narrowed it down to just certain tools (bronze sword, bronze spear, bronze axe) and nothing else. No matter what I did, I couldn't create those tools without the behavior I originally posted. I went so far as deleting the game I had been playing entirely and starting from scratch.

After about an hour of troubleshooting, I uninstalled, wiped the game folders and re-downloaded. The issue is gone (which was completely expected). Time to start over!
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 400 Site Admin
    Glad it's working after a re-install. Very odd though. Did you have any mods installed originally?
    -Dee.
    No mods since the upgrade to 0.8.5. I thought about that too, but before I updated to the latest build, I removed the mods I was using.