A quick poll, opinions are appreciated!

heartup4heartup4 REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
edited July 2015 in Community
What would you as a member of the community think about receiving debuffs as you advance into an elderly seed? Additionally, what would you think of possibly using advanced technology (with the correct art style and lore) to revert your age to a teen or adult and therefore keeping your youth and staving off the debuffs of old age? If this idea of mine turns out to be widely found appealing I will share the results of the poll with dev (results will be anonymous by default to avoid any classic bandwagoning). I obviously cannot force them to implement anything but as a community we all work together to create TUG and I would love to share the collected data with them for them to make their own decision going into the future because I believe that it will increase the overall game experience. Thank you for taking the time to do this.

A quick poll, opinions are appreciated! 22 votes

Yes I like your idea
40% 9 votes
I like your idea but with a few changes
22% 5 votes
No I do not like your idea
36% 8 votes
All this white hat and black hat nonsense can't I just choose grey?

Comments

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I feel strange seeing the results of the poll.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    the five people have spoken!
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • heartup4heartup4 REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    Fair enough. I thought maybe if it took a super long time to become old that It would give new content and goals for experienced players. I'll take down the poll when I get a little more time.
    All this white hat and black hat nonsense can't I just choose grey?
  • egorkegork REGISTERED Posts: 139 Seed
    It would be an interesting initial toggle. I could see playing one world with it and one without.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    There's a curiously named object that exists in the current game files that appears to have a VERY rare spawn rate in the world, but it got me thinking about this post, when I stumbled across it. A "fountain of youth" type object or area somewhere in the world (maybe a desert oasis?), that could restore you to a younger, more vital state, if your Seed has aged significantly and was suffering from the woes of old age.

This sort of falls into something I put up regarding death and the penalties that would accompany that, later in development. You can see that post here: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/discussion/2615/the-death-penalty
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • brandopandobrandopando REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    While on the subject of debuffs and stuff why not go full hardcore with everything. When you take fall damage you end up breaking a bone in your leg, causing you to limp until you craft a splint out of 2 wood handles and 1 linen cloth thingy. The penalty of death could be a lower max hp pool every death while leaving a tombstone at the place of death which would give you your missing portion of hp back. We could take injuries another step further too by adding actual cuts and bruises that will add dots to your seed if you don't have bandages and crap on hand. Also movement speed penalties for becoming obese from eating too much, movement speed de buffs for having a full inventory, damage to vision for being logged in for too long, i could go on and on forever tbh. Lemme know what you think of any of these ideas.
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel REGISTERED Posts: 191 Seed

While on the subject of debuffs and stuff why not go full hardcore with everything. When you take fall damage you end up breaking a bone in your leg, causing you to limp until you craft a splint out of 2 wood handles and 1 linen cloth thingy. The penalty of death could be a lower max hp pool every death while leaving a tombstone at the place of death which would give you your missing portion of hp back. We could take injuries another step further too by adding actual cuts and bruises that will add dots to your seed if you don't have bandages and crap on hand. Also movement speed penalties for becoming obese from eating too much, movement speed de buffs for having a full inventory, damage to vision for being logged in for too long, i could go on and on forever tbh. Lemme know what you think of any of these ideas.

To be honest, some of us play games to escape our already 'poor healthed' bodies that genetics and age has assigned us as well as ailments we cannot escape due to science and medicine in real life not having the capability to conquer.
    With that said, I really don't want to have to worry about my seed going blind permanently, or permanently sick from this or that or losing limbs or even being debuffed by age ( like I currently am IRL ) Life is fleeting, health too. When you aren't well anymore and you get older and older your own mortality can be seen, and that always isn't a 'fun thought' that you will soon leave your friends and family behind forever.
    I am fine with things as they are now. We die we become blue light, then respawn.
    If my seed will die in the manners you all describe, then I see no point in continuing, as I am already progressing just fine, to blindness, old age, and poor health debuffs in real life just fine. Please don't make a fun game, remind me of that :)
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed

To be honest, some of us play games to escape our already 'poor healthed' bodies that genetics and age has assigned us as well as ailments we cannot escape due to science and medicine in real life not having the capability to conquer.
    With that said, I really don't want to have to worry about my seed going blind permanently, or permanently sick from this or that or losing limbs or even being debuffed by age ( like I currently am IRL ) Life is fleeting, health too. When you aren't well anymore and you get older and older your own mortality can be seen, and that always isn't a 'fun thought' that you will soon leave your friends and family behind forever.
    I am fine with things as they are now. We die we become blue light, then respawn.
    If my seed will die in the manners you all describe, then I see no point in continuing, as I am already progressing just fine, to blindness, old age, and poor health debuffs in real life just fine. Please don't make a fun game, remind me of that :)

I can understand your point, to a degree, but we can't forget that this is a survival game. There's also the fact that NK plans to implement some social experimentation within TUG, further down the line and I think there is definitely a happy medium here.

Going blind, deaf or contracting an incurable disease might be a bit too far, but breaking limbs or losing energy a little faster as you age don't seem unreasonable.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • brandopandobrandopando REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    i was simply stating things that could be done, i dont expect any or most of them to get into the actual game. Things like getting food poisoning from eating uncooked food or movespeed debuffs from fall damage and bandages being in the game could be somewhat balanced in a survival, the age'ing / blindness might have been a bit excessive i understand lmfao. Either way it'd be cool to have bandages and crap in the game once fall damage is in.