Pixle-ly graphics

josiah-gamingjosiah-gaming REGISTERED Posts: 19 Seed
I'm not sure if i am just imagining this, but it seems that my image quality has taken a huge dip recently. during 0.8.4 my image quality was not that great, and once 0.8.5 came out, the quality was great! At least it was for a little while, now everything looks like the picture I will try to post here. It is more pixelated, and does not look as sharp. I'm wondering why this would happen after some time playing the game because it seems to be related. (lots of time spent in game seems to make image quality drop) idk if its my hardware or what but im almost certain this is not just in my head because I went on Steam to check out images from the community, and their screen captures look soo sharp, however mine do not. What settings are most players using to get "best" image quality and could my image quality really be effected by the amount of time I am putting into the game?

Comments

• josiah-gamingjosiah-gaming REGISTERED Posts: 19 Seed
    this is likely a better example w/ the pumpkin gourd cauldron, and a white background for sharpness contrast. I have been playing on this particular world for a week now, and image quality seems to be not so great now.... idk am I just imagining this?...
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I definitely see the pixely-ness of the image, are you playing at 1080p?
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    so I adjusted the game to be played at full screen and at my screens' native resolution, which unfortunately is only 1280 x 800... but that seems to have made a bit of a difference i will post a pic to show the difference.
    it is from rough;y the same position, and looks MUCH better. hopefully this will now help with the pixle took of the game. unfortunately I don't think the image will get any sharper unless I had a screen with a better native resolution.... unless someone knows a trick for that...
    a combination of setting the game to my screens' native resolution , and the options -> video -> Texture Filter -> anisotropic 16x. seems to have fixed the problem. Thank you Youngy798 for the 1080 p resolution idea, I should have realized the game not being adjusted to my monitors' native resolution would mess with the quality... damn you hind sight!!!!
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Rather than adding helpful words in my post, I will come here just to say that I like your seed's hair.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Wingidon said:

Rather than adding helpful words in my post, I will come here just to say that I like your seed's hair.

lol, personally I can not wait for character customization. I like the idea of making a character that looks like me to use as an avatar.