Physics: Character vibration

UFIOESUFIOES REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 42 Seed
If you stand on a checkerboard pattern of voxels e.g.
Screenshot:
There are certain positions over the holes where the player will vibrate or in the worst cases oscillate up and down by as much as 1 voxel.

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 508 Seed
    interesting. let me see if I can reproduce.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    edited July 2015
    I tried but wasn't able to. Any chance you could upload that save?
    (or e-mail it to [email protected])
    -Dee.
  • UFIOESUFIOES REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 42 Seed
    edited July 2015
    It might be important that I used Mesa Rock as opposed to Cobblestone. Also, I don't have access to the world as it is the world of the Unknown Server, which is currently beta testing the dedicated server binary. I probably should have mentioned that as there is a good chance that that might have something to do with the bug.

But it does take some finagling to get an observable amount of vibration.

Edit: It seems that it is so difficult to replicate this bug, that you might not need to bother.
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    There are similar things with props like the furnace, you can wedge yourself between the wooden ledge and the little air pump thing and you start vibrating :D
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!