Lighting and Sight

VeNinjaKVeNinjaK REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
The lighting is terrible. The view distance sucks. Hate to make a great game bad by losing sight. Navigating is near impossible with A. being so short, and B lighting being horrible, and C View distance is so low. Other than that, the game seems great, not much to do yet, but from the looks of it, will be great.

Comments

• Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    you could always turn your view distance up, I have mine at medium I think, it seems pretty decent

I agree about lighting though, it needs improvements definately
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    My view distance is on high and I still cant see that far out.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    there is custom view distance settings if your interested.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I am how do I get into it?
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • CobellCobell REGISTERED, GLOBAL_MODERATORS, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 84 Developer
    edited July 2015
    In your TUG install directory is a directory named "Config". The user_config.txt file has the settings you want. The variable named VIEWDISTANCE controls the draw distance.

The default settings are 4, 8, 12, and 16 which are Tiny, Small, Normal, and Far respectively. Note unless your machine is a beast, if you set these values higher than 16, you will likely see some performance issues due to the the additional terrain and objects.

If you play with these values and it somehow goes horribly wrong, the user_config.txt is safe to delete as the game will autogenerate one with default values if it is missing.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    With the art update the lighting should be improved to at least look much more pleasant.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    I may be incorrect in my assumption but have you noticed the lighting from the sun on objects? Not a fan of those lines, particularly noticeable on rocks.
    Programmer, designer, artist.