A Few v0.8.5 Issues

UncleJuggyUncleJuggy REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
edited June 2015 in In-Game Issues
Just updated to Alpha v0.8.5 64-bit (non-Steam version) and I found a few problems.

1. Whenever I smash a rock with my bronze pick, stone hammer, or hammer rock (these were the only items I tested because of issue b.), a floating bit of cobblestone that I cannot pick up appears. It didn't change when I completely restarted my computer and joined again. It seems to happen in both single and multiplayer.
a. Wood planks and stacked wood are also floating and unpickupable (both spawned in and naturally occuring).
b. When I try to spawn in a bronze hammer, bronze sword, or a bronze knife, they are also floating and I am unable to pick them up (but I did not try crafting them).

2. I cannot pick up objects in third person (not sure if this is a bug or a feature).
3. Placing a froststone shard on an alchemy table occasionally tips or flips the alchemy table.
4. Crafting an Ice Neuria Gauntlet spawned in a kinokojin (once again, not sure if it is a bug or a feature).

I think that is all I can find right now.

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 503 Seed
    This sounds like some old files are still hanging around. My advice would be to delete and then re-download.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • UncleJuggyUncleJuggy REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
    Yeah, that seemed to fix it. I don't know why I didn't just try that from the beginning. haha. Thanks.
    We've all been there. I still catch myself with it sometimes.
  • LostBoyLostBoy REGISTERED Posts: 14 Seed
    I had this issue as well. I even went and manually deleted the Save Folder to no avail.

Now, to hi-jack this thread a bit since the Title is appropriate . . .

The "E" key now seems to cancel all forward movement/control, it didn't do this in the previous version.

Only had a few minutes to play last night, I'll add items I find here as I get more time in.

steam version or non-steam version?
    Non-Steam for me.

Also meant to mention that I'm not sure if I like the Fog effect yet.
    There seem to be two types - one of a thin cloud type, and the other heavier with bands.
    Prefer the cloud type, would eliminate the banded fog, it looks bad.

When you said you deleted the Save Folder, did you mean the folder in AppData/Roaming/Nerd Kingdom? or the other main directory?
    Yes, the one in AppData.

Couldn't really find anything else relating to either World or Character under Program Files (x86) or Program Data directories.

Ok. I can't remember exactly where it is so search your (C:) drive for "TUG". Double check that it hasn't sent you back to the AppData Folder. The Folder that you're looking for contains folders called Config, Game, Mods and a couple others. This is the folder that you want to delete before reinstalling/downloading.
    Oh, I thought you were asking about the Save data I deleted trying to get it to work before going the full uninstall/reinstall route.

Yeah, when I got to the point of having to reinstall I cleaned everything out.

And you were able to reproduce your problem after doing a clean install?
    No, the clean install fixed everything, I was implying that when I started jotting down changes/issues I'm seeing in the new version.

I guess I should have stated that it was fixed, I was just noting what I tried that didn't work before having to wipe and start over.

I'm getting hanging resources when my inventory is full, instead of them falling they hang like this.

Also still having some minerals disappear when mining overhead.

My Character fell through the floor/wall (not sure which) in my camp area, but after a second or two it fixed itself - not sure I did anything other than look around to see if I could do anything, but fixed before much Mouse movement.

Tunneling/Passage ways that are three squares wide, the character has a tendency to want to hug the walls, left or right, it doesn't matter.

I've got a Desert Biome with Cacti right next to a Winter/Snow Biome.
    I guess it's possible, just seems a bit off to me.

I didn't see this in the notes or I missed it, but is there a second Sun/Moon now ?
    It's pretty small and seems to rise in the SW and set in the NE (maybe even SSW to NNE).

I'm almost thinking there might be yet another one even smaller, but the cloud cover was a bit heavy when I thought I noticed the fourth object.