I am loving TUG so much but have a few questions

ZadiraZadira REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
Do things respawn in game. If I cut down a whole section of forest, will it grow back? Will my cave for my home somehow close back in on itself?

Is there any way to have my hoe work better? I spend an awful amount of time going back and forth and back and forth over my garden area but I can't seem to get rid of all the grass.

What is the buzzing noise that I hear in my house? It sounds like flies.

Will we someday be able to plant the wonderful flowers that you see in the wild, such as the daisies and lupine, at our homes? I would love to plant them all around my entrance.

So far, I have found two types of wood and one type of stone to build with. Will I find other textures in the world later as I explore around my world?

The developers who are creating this game are really amazing. I have not had this much fun in a game in a long time. Thanks for all the hard work you are putting into TUG! :D

Comments

• ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    edited June 2015
    At this stage forests do not grow back yet but you can plant fruit trees. You'll be able to plant more things as we continue our development. Nature reclaiming buildings over time is definitely something we have on our list but we don't have an estimate for when that will be going in yet time-wise. Flattening an area out with a pick is one way to smooth out an area for farming if there's grass in the way. The buzzing sound might be a gourd torch?

There are definitely lots of materials to use. If you want to have a look at them all so far, you can light up a Creative mode game and they will all be available to you from the start. But if you'd rather discover them yourself in a survival game that can be fun too. :)
    -Dee.
  • JohnBJohnB REGISTERED Posts: 10 Seed
    Gourd torches makes a buzzing sounds, not sure what else.
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    The world does not regrow or change right now but some objects such as plants and trees can be grown via gardening. We're slowly getting more items in that can be re-planted but for now it is mainly the fruits and some vegetables.

The gourd torch does have some buzzing insect sounds that occur, this could be your buzzing sound.

Try the larger brush size when using the hoe. You can switch to it via holding down the Shift key and using the mouse scroll.

More grow-able plants soon!

With our next release we will be adding in lots of new natural materials that are dropped from the soil, grass and rocks found throughout the terrain.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • ZadiraZadira REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    Yes! It is the gourd torch making that buzzing sound. It is on the other side of the wall where my storage chest is. I was worried that my melons were spoiling and attracting flies! :D
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    One of the design ideas that we've have stuck to since early on is that every sound in the game has a source and you can affect that source. You'll notice it in our ambient tracks that we don't have birds or bugs as there is nothing to be causing the sound yet in the game. So when you do hear something like the insects around the gourd torch it is very noticeable!
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux