Unable to log in to redeem a key

AeyAey REGISTERED Posts: 6 Podling
Hi there. :) I've got this pretty key ready to redeem, but I keep getting a runtime error page each time I try to log in to the www.nerdkingdom.com site. I'm running Chrome, if that helps. I've got the confirmation and thank you for confirming e-mails, but I can't get past that pesky error page to successfully log in and redeem my key.

Comments

• ZiafZiaf REGISTERED Posts: 111 Seed
    I believe I'm encountering the same error when I attempt to log into the account page on my phone, but it works fine on my computer. Are you by chance using a mobile browser as well Aey?
  • AeyAey REGISTERED Posts: 6 Podling
    edited May 2015
    I'm not. This is also a fresh install of Win7 64bit. Maybe I'll try it on my Kindle... Thanks for the idea!

Edit: No dice, can't get past the runtime error on Kindle either. :/
    I know my phone's version of chrome is up to date while my computers is probably not, maybe it's a problem with the newer version of chrome. Have you tried a different browser?
    Well, I managed to get around this. I clicked the Forgot Password doohickey. Clicked the link in my e-mail to change my password and this logged me in. Yay. Put in my Alpha key, another runtime error... No problem, reload the previous page, the key is applied and I'm able to download the launcher.

I hope they get this fixed, it's workable, but kind of a pain.
    Yeah, well glad you got it working. Have fun with your new copy, and I'll see you around.
    Well, fun story. Apparently I have the same login problem with the launcher. -.- Still unable to log in to the main site. I'm not really sure what else to try. Hopefully someone will get back to me once the work week starts.

On a side note, I'm pretty disappointed that my Humble purchase didn't include a Steam key. I'm fairly sure these issues don't happen on that end.
    Well that sucks. Have you sent an official ticket yet, or just this post?
  • cpholmes9cpholmes9 REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    I did an email to them and I reported my exact same error above via a support ticket. haven't heard a word yet. Let me know if you happen to get a fix. As an FYI, I tried on IE and Chrome both give same error. I also tried a new user name, still no luck.
  • Nemmisis205Nemmisis205 REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    I've had the same issue, which is really disappointing.
  • cpholmes9cpholmes9 REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    edited May 2015
    I really would like to play and don't want to ask for a refund, but if they aren't posting anything on the forums and aren't answering emails and aren't answering on the Steam forum, I don't feel very confident about this. Hopefully, they are just on vacation or off until Monday.
    I've been part of the community since the beginning and they're normally really good about issues like this, so I encourage you to wait a little longer. I'm sure someone will fix it soon.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    edited May 2015
    Hey all!

If you are encountering account related issues, please send us an e-mail at [email protected]
    We're usually pretty good about getting back within a business day or so and weekend tickets on Mondays (since we are a fairly small team operating during regular business hours).
    -Dee.
    Thanks for your reply. I've gone ahead and submitted a ticket.
    edited May 2015
    -Edit- I received a reply to this.

For future reference, Steam keys are only available to purchasers of the full priced game. The Humble sale purchasers are limited to the standalone.
  • TorakumaTorakuma REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    same issue. posted to twitter, FB, Steam support forum, Email and now here. GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!