BetterSleeping v1.0 - Mod TUG v0.8.3

PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
edited March 2015 in Custom Objects
Better Sleeping Mod

It's about time your sleep problems get fixed..

Current version: 1.0

Requirements: TUG v0.8.3, No other mod that replaces Bed.lua & JohnyCilohokla's CommonLib

Download

Extra Information: My second mod already. Simple but it could be useful for a normal player. Since I always want to sleep the night away, I made this mod to fix my own world.

Install Guide:
1. Navigate to your TUG Folder, then the Mods folder.
2. Extract the .zip file there.
2,5. (Make sure you also installed CommonLib correctly)
3. Navigate back to the TUG folder, then the Config folder.
4. Edit your mods.txt
Mods
{
	"Game/Survival"
	"Game/Creative"
	"Game/Core"
	"Mods/CommonLib"
	"Mods/BetterSleeping"
}
5. Start TUG and have fun!
To-Do:
- Something cool for Multiplayer :)
TUG Modder
Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
YouTube: IKStream!
Site: Pixel's Web

Comments

• TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Hmm, neat idea! What does it do exactly? *Crosses fingers for dog piles*
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    Pictures?
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Teknonick wrote:
    Hmm, neat idea! What does it do exactly? *Crosses fingers for dog piles*
    If you sleep (right click) without this mod, the time doesn't change, right? Well this adds the time changing piece :) (Maaayybbee I could try to add dog piles, if you want ;))
    Sigil wrote:
    Pictures?
    It only changes the time.. So I didn't saw a reason to post pictures, but maybe I can get some nice ones.
    TUG Modder
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    I know they took the time passage out of the sleeping mechanic because it broke multiplayer. I wonder if it would be possible to implement it in such a way that the player could control the amount of time they were sleeping, so that time could pass normally for other active players.

So your seed would literally be asleep for however long you specified when you clicked your bed.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Charlock wrote:
    I know they took the time passage out of the sleeping mechanic because it broke multiplayer. I wonder if it would be possible to implement it in such a way that the player could control the amount of time they were sleeping, so that time could pass normally for other active players.

So your seed would literally be asleep for however long you specified when you clicked your bed.
    What's the reason to sleep then? :) I was thinking of something to let the player chose the sleep time, but still need to think about it a lot more for the multiplayer. But for now, it was a good learning project and useful for my own use :p. I will be adding more in the future though.
    TUG Modder
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Well, sleep would still generate health and energy for the sleeping character, but without interrupting the real-time passage of time for other characters in the game. The player would just specify how long to take their character out of commission before they "wake up."

This would clearly just be for the sake of a multiplayer world and it might require days and nights to be a bit longer than they currently are, but it would give you a chance to rejuvenate your character while you step away for a drink, snack or 10-100. ;)
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."