TUG Alpha 0.8.3 Patch Notes

Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
edited April 2015 in News & Updates
Ahoy! You know where you can cram it?!?!?! IN YOUR WORKING CHEST! Finally got around to getting storage containers working, along with equipables and a few other bits… not to mention my personal favorite, TRAPS! I think by now we all know, that any researcher has a little bit of troll in them, so things can start to get a little more fun. We are starting to get into some of the more “RPG”ish stuffs, so see plenty of other bits below.

Ghost and I got to spend a bit of time at PaxEast this past weekend, it was an absolute blast. We got to hang with the dudes from Forge, Mindcrack and ForgeCraft (so many forges!), and got lots of interesting insights about tools, maps and all things shameless minecraft clone. It was encouraging to also hear that the things that drove us with this project, are also things that are important to the dev community… so with that, expect some more mods along the way from a few modders you may recognize.

Speaking of modders! We are going to be starting a mod jam here in the next couple of months (TUG Jam?), so we can start showcasing some new tools, and offer up some gift cards/prizes to modders that could help them beef up their rigs in the process. Don’t have all the details, but working them out with Lex (Forge) and Pahimar (ForgeCraft) over the next couple of days and will announce that soonish, so be sure to troll me on the twitters for deets (cause I just deleted my Facebook, its true, the most epic unlike of all time).

(kickstarter) We are already working on our kickstarter rewards, both physical and digital bits. So keep an eye on your email and KS accounts so you can give some feedback and make some selections. Your support and patience has been a big deal for us, and we cannot thank you guys enough for stepping up for us from the start. Thank you.

And as usual, if you run into any bugs, crashes, splosions, please leave it as a review for how terrible this game was and how much of a rip off it was… I mean… email support *cough* or post to the bugs forums. Your feedback helps us make better tech, which means better game, and even better mods, so be kind and leave feedback behind (T-Shirt!).

Follow updates to our Game & Tech here: @TheUntitledGame
Check out some concepts and random bits of stuff n things here: @NerdKingdom
If you are tired of this DX11 limitation, spam this guy here: @CoreyClarkPhD
If you want 1980s style freeze frame jumping high fives, yo: @inoritewtf

New Features
-Added the Bronze Cudgel and resources used for crafting it
-Added the Poison Potion to apothecary
-Added several new traps: Pumpkin Trap, Spiked Trap, Leaf Canopy and Vine Fence Cage. They are activated by placing them and then right clicking them to activate.
-Crude Slingshot now in game
-Updates to all potions in apothecary
-Crude Chest/Leaf Backpack can be used to store items
-Crude equipment is now in the game; they are craftable and wearable. They can be equipped by dragging it into the appropriate slot or by equipping it in hand and left clicking. Backpacks are not yet wearable.
-Crude equipment will save between game sessions
-Bronze Plated Glove armor piece has been added to the game along with resources necessary to craft it
-Several new cosmetic furniture: Lotus Chair, Bamboo Table, Bamboo Stool
-Mushroom Bed
-Updates to triggers on terrain objects
-Bouncing on Double Mushroom Caps and Mushroom Bed
-Updated the iconography of potions to get them more distinguishable by color blind players
-Swords can be used to temporarily remove grass billboards
-Added a Billboard Frequency slider to Video Options
-All tables and large objects are placed facing the player with a set orientation
-Clean up to the recipe crafts and added a priority system to help with overlapping recipe resources
-Added new punch animation for the player

Fixes
-Fixes to the Cabbage Trap to get it working in multiplayer
-Performance fix for object culling and view distance
-Networking bandwidth optimizations
-Fixed several missing sounds and sounds bugs
-Improved physics performance and stability
-Fix scaling issues for some UI elements
-General animation cleanup and fixes

Known Issues
-For any existing saves, the player’s inventory has been wiped. This is due to the gear/equipment updates
-Player collision is slightly desync’d from their visual location. It is lagging slightly behind where a player has moved from
-In Creative Mode, when clicking on the inventory UI, the player will also grab objects out of the world
-Z Placement of large objects will orient the object in a static direction and not the camera
-Player does not stay in throw mode for the poison potion
-There is a potential crash when exiting TUG
-There is a rare crash when first loading a world (or joining a server)

Comments

• RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    edited March 2015
    Trees fading in at view distance boundaries. I love you guys
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • mercormercor REGISTERED Posts: 64 Seed
    I've only tried the 0.8.3 patch very very briefly. Here's some thoughts about it.

So far it, feels like it is running far smoother than previously when using longer view distances. I take it is very much to do with the view distance fix mentioned in the notes.

The new container functionality feels good. I'm bit missing the ability to open backpacks inside inventory and storing them in inventory when they are full, like in many other games. Would make nomadic play style more easier. If i understood correctly there's currently no way to move backpack when it's not empty. Making them inventory items could be a nice fix until the system is been completed.

Update: I seem to be getting lots of crashes doing practically anything in game. Could also be hardware issue, although I haven't had problems in other games/software.
    Modder in making. Point of Interest mod - Now with GUI

twitter: @mercorinred
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    I do believe we will lose inventory altogether at some point anyway. I do hope for that though! I think the plan is we will have to hold everything in our hands at first, then craft backpacks, tool belts, and other stuff like that.
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    Finally! We're getting to the point where we are really seeing some sharpness on the project, go forward and conquer Nerd Kingdom, we're eager to see how this project develops.
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
  • ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    Haha Sinnon, if you liked 0.8.3, 0.8.4 has just been released!

But I agree, the game is making great strides to greatness, I can't even imagine what it'll look like another year from now.
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)