Mod - Delivery Man (v1.1)

PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
edited March 2015 in Custom Objects
Delivery Man Mod - Updated for v0.8.3

Adds a piece of code that makes the Kinokojin want to be nice and give you a Package.

Current version: 1.1

Requirements: TUG v0.8.3, No other mod that replaces Lithari.lua & JohnyCilohokla's CommonLib

Download

Extra Information: This is my first mod.. that I couldn't make without Johny(Cilohokla)'s help, thanks a lot if you read this!

Install Guide:
1. Navigate to your TUG Folder, then the Mods folder.
2. Extract the .zip file there.
2,5. (Make sure you also installed CommonLib correctly)
3. Navigate back to the TUG folder, then the Config folder.
4. Edit your mods.txt
Mods
{
	"Game/Survival"
	"Game/Creative"
	"Game/Core"
	"Mods/CommonLib"
	"Mods/DeliveryMan"
}
5. Start TUG and have fun!
To-Do:
- Maybe a better texture for the Package
- Maybe a better model for the Package
TUG Modder
Twitter: @IKStreamIvo
YouTube: IKStream!
Site: Pixel's Web

Comments

• ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 402 Site Admin
    Love this! :D
    -Dee.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! It's nice to have a simple, working mod I can use as a starting point while trying to learn TUG's mod system.
  • johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Developer
    To get the mod running you will need CommonLib.
    This simplified fix should work: http://forum.nerdkingdom.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1937
    Or you can download the SteamPower files and just use the CommonLib from it, I will be making a stand alone version of CommonLib later on.
    You can also grab it from github.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • PixelDragon13PixelDragon13 REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 114 Seed
    Shadee wrote:
    Love this! :D
    Haha, really?
    if answer then
       NKPrint("Thanks!")
    else
       NKPrint("Aw :)")
    end

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this! It's nice to have a simple, working mod I can use as a starting point while trying to learn TUG's mod system.
    No problem.. but the code can be a bit messy.. ;) I'll clean it up when I have some more time, I was just trying some things with Lua & TUG.
    TUG Modder
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    No problem.. but the code can be a bit messy.. ;) I'll clean it up when I have some more time, I was just trying some things with Lua & TUG.
    No worries about code hygiene. It does what it needs to do: works!

I seem to have reverted to my old methods of learning something new: start with something very simple that still works, change one thing, see whether it works (and does what I expect), then repeat. It's a lot faster than starting with something that I think should work, finding it fails, and having a huge world of things that might be problems, including stuff I never knew I needed to include. Having your mod as a simple example is great.
    No worries about code hygiene. It does what it needs to do: works!

I seem to have reverted to my old methods of learning something new: start with something very simple that still works, change one thing, see whether it works (and does what I expect), then repeat. It's a lot faster than starting with something that I think should work, finding it fails, and having a huge world of things that might be problems, including stuff I never knew I needed to include. Having your mod as a simple example is great.
    This is my first mod and I haven't really programmed/scripted much earlier (Simple Motor with Raspberry Pi and ComputerCraft from Minecraft only :p) so I'll keep your way of learning something new in mind for sure! I'm looking forward to the things you are going to create!
    TUG Modder
    I updated the mod to TUG v0.8.3, I also made a simple brown texture for the Package model and I cleaned my code! ;) Have fun!
    TUG Modder