A Place for Renders of TUG inspired Models

DungchunkerDungchunker REGISTERED Posts: 70 Seed
edited April 2015 in Fan Art
I have allot of 3D models that may or may not be able to be used in game....just yet. So this is the place to show off your renders of Models that you have made for TUG.
Well, you can't make a smoothie with it!

Comments

• DungchunkerDungchunker REGISTERED Posts: 70 Seed
    Window Bars?....damn those pesky open holes..what if a goat jumps in?
    I'll post a wooden one later.
    TUG_Window_Render%2B_L.png
    TUG_Window_Render2_L.png

• ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    Hey, Dungchunker, I'm interested in trying to get these models into the game if you haven't already. Do you think you could post or PM a download link for one of these models so I can see if it imports into the game?

It's possible there's something missing from the models that's needed for TUG to recognize it, but there's only one way to find out!
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
    Zake wrote:
    Hey, Dungchunker, I'm interested in trying to get these models into the game if you haven't already. Do you think you could post or PM a download link for one of these models so I can see if it imports into the game?

It's possible there's something missing from the models that's needed for TUG to recognize it, but there's only one way to find out!

As for the models...you shouldn't have any problems with the models themselves..All they have to have is the Collider, Mesh, and Pivot Point..and maybe an attach point where applicable. I just need to go in and add the Collider, pivot and/or Attach points and then i will post them on Github for you. The issue I have still is understanding the models config files and setting up the game files to accept and load the mods. I still haven't put much time into learning it...was waiting on the next update to see what changes are being made first...But your welcome too. I'll let you know when i have them up for DL.

edited May 2015
    I see a future in TUG where you might need a certain tool for disassembly of a certain crafted object, maybe even the resources you get back are reflective of the tool you use to take it apart. If you use a hand axe to bash it apart...well you wouldn't get many resources back, would you. What if you used a hard wood handled pry bar?
    Pry_Bar_Render.png

edited May 2015
    Hey...We have swords...But we don't have any battle axes in game yet!
    TUG_BattleAxe_Render.png

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Could you make a 3d version of my seeds mask :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    edited May 2015
    Someone....somewhere...mentioned stairs in TUG. I know you can make stairs by placing a large block and cutting away from it, But It would be nice to be able to just place some stairs down and go. The Stairs are equal to one Large block. Spent more time on the Texture than the model...always get carried away with making textures. I would like to see this in game though.
    Stairs_Large%2B_Render.png

edited May 2015
    Although we have working chests now I still like the idea of having some of my items displayed openly in my world. Like filling up a basket with my fruits and gourds and such, then being able to run up to it and drop things in and pull things out without having to open up a chest and also...it just looks cool...a basket full of fruit...hell yea.

So, here is an Open Basket concept i modeled to hold such items.
    Open_Container_Render1.png
    Open_Container_Render2.png

edited May 2015
    Made This a while back before i started this thread. What if we could place pictures on the walls in out TUG abodes. I don't think the Eternus Engine will support a way for us to have a selectable/changeable/ or even random texture images to display inside picture frames yet. As it is, there would have to be a different mesh (model) for each picture for them to differ...but maybe one day
    Picture_Frame_Render.png

edited May 2015
    This was my first TUG inspired model. After making it I realized it was far from being able to be implemented in game as a mod. But TUG inspired non the less! The Sundial Watch....again...maybe we can get it in someday as a wearable item.
    sundial_watch_Render.png

edited May 2015
    The Sundial Stand. Johny Cilohokla got this one in the game for me (along with stairs), however haven't come to a conclusion on how to get it to work in game properly. It make's a nice display piece though ...just some decor if you will.

You can get it packaged with the Stairs mod here - https://www.dropbox.com/s/a6yeeh8mfkist ... r.zip?dl=0
    Sundial_Stand_Ren_2ndPass.png

• jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    I really like that sundial stand idea would it really work in game :D
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Well, since i can't get my Picture frame into the game with the way i want it to work an all, it got me thinking about Minecraft and Skyrim and how you can place your weapons and such on display. Soooo...here's some prototype display mounts to put on the walls of your home. I suppose you could stick about any game object on them though.
    W_Display_GLrender1.pngW_Display_GLrender2.pngWall_Display_GLrender1.pngWall_Display_GLrender2.png

• gbusrtgbusrt REGISTERED Posts: 50 Seed
    thanks for that they all look great
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    Woah... this looks really great!
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
    edited May 2015
    Wouldn't it be nice to show off your Hunting and surviving skills by Mounting the heads of those marvelous beasts. Well, I'm working on it.
    Yea, yea...I know. Please just ignore the nameplate for now.

And now for the Big cat mount

Here's a tiered wall shelf to put your potions, gauntlets and other small items on for decoration. And there is a bookshelf styled one on the way.

edited May 2015
    Here is a WIP scene I am working on in Blender. It's a mixture of my custom models mixed with some vanilla models. I'm working on getting the rigged seed into it and redoing the environment mesh to make it look more like a "build" and not just a box. Rendered with Blender internal @ 60 samples.

• Wilson423Wilson423 REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    Good Stuffs!
    Was Poking around in the UI files today and decided i wanted to play around with making some custom UI graphics. This is my idea for the start of an Evil Seed's UI...would be nice to be able to customize your UI to match your play style or even just to something you may like better than the vanilla version (which is very nice in itself).

• ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    I hadn't even thought about that, but roleplaying as a villain (note: not a troll, more like dark mage) would be so much fun. And that texture captures it perfectly!
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 400 Site Admin
    You have some awesome stuff in here! Very cool! :D Love the custom UI piece too!
    -Dee.
    There was a mention from some modders on here about people making a model for Red Agliator's Lodestaff mod (this was not requested by Red Agliator). So here is a very quick modeling (WIP) of what I think the Lodestaf could look like.

Added normal map to the staff, added some different lighting and replaced the gem with the Return Stone to see what that could look like. I think the Return Stone looks .....more better:)

edited May 2015
    I think the Return Stone looks .....more better:)
    I think the Return Stone fits the look better:)

ernglish to english translation
    the service you never asked supplied for free sorry

this form and english speaker flunent in ernglish

lower level civilisations tend to have lower level finishes on there tools or so we been conditioned to think, you know how all the TV and Radio deprived them of time to get thing looking right.
    that how we been 'educated' by the system (this from a conspiracy nut who so proud of what he found the nuts been polished )
    edited May 2015
    No..no..Gburst...you misunderstand..."more better" is something us southerners say to each other sometimes just be funny, you know...since I am technically a red neck hillbilly from Arkansas. Hence the ..... and, smiley face after the statement. It's all good though ...being a country boy I have also been known to use "aint" and terms such a "mayonnaise" as in "Mayonnaise peaches is good" (yes i know it should be "are good") just another example. So, in closing. No need for translation just a healthy sense of humor. Cheerio Mate!

I felt TUG needs more variety in the types of fence you can make. Here's the first design, very simple...will be more styles to come.

Dungchunker

just an observation, perhaps your audience is bigger that your state :) , and your US centric upbring (yes its slang should be how you were raised) may be preventing you 'seeing' the other guys point of view. having lived in several countries and delt with non english speeker not all humour translates.

me i like the quirks in english it show the language is used by the living and growing (who knew about twerking 6 years ago etc). but for many who do not have or opportunity or resource to travel this is just baffling

Mayonnaise as a descriptive word is new to me
    is it meant to be white, or yellow. you going all 'the simpsons' on us
    "Mayonnaise peaches is good" = yellow peaches is good
    "Mayonnaise peaches is good" = white peaches is good
    i have seen both white and yellow peaches and all i know is now i an hungry :P
    edited May 2015
    LOL, ok...for future reference ...so there's no confusion, on my Redneckness..lol.