Crystal song challenge

Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
edited March 2015 in Challenges
You've probably noticed that crystals hum when you get close, but have you paid attention to the fact that different crystals have different tones?

The challenge:
Use crystals in TUG to share a tune with other players!

Comments

• NekochuNekochu Posts: 244 Developer
    Even though our sound buffer does fill up pretty quickly, you can find crystals that play all the notes of a chromatic scale. Unfortunately only the alchemy table has the ability to cause the shards to sing, outside of finding a cluster of crystals in the wild. We'll have other methods to draw out the sounds in the future including changing the pitch of notes.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,105 Seed
    New idea for mod/item. Sound gun. Amplifies the crystals natural humming to deadly levels
    5.jpg
  • SilasETBSilasETB Posts: 30
    I think the Agliator's idea was to FRAPs the sound of various crystals, and then splice them together in creative ways, and make a tune. IMHO. Even if that wasn't his point, give it a go!
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
    SilasETB wrote:
    I think the Agliator's idea was to FRAPs the sound of various crystals, and then splice them together in creative ways, and make a tune. IMHO. Even if that wasn't his point, give it a go!
    I hadn't even thought of that way to do it! (My original thought was to use creative mode to place crystals along a path and share the game file. But I didn't want to stifle creativity by being too specific. I like that idea, too!)

(Oh, and it's "her point", not "his point." Doesn't particularly matter, it just sounds a little weird on my end.)
  • RawrRawr Posts: 508 Seed
    Ha mistaken identity.
    Programmer, designer, artist.