Mountaineer Challenge!

Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
edited March 2015 in Challenges
Do you have what it takes to climb past the snow line?

512x288.resizedimage

And for you iron seeds out there: what's the highest peak you've conquered?
(Look for the Camera y-axis number in the debug text.)B009EC2F5A49A9180FEE27BF83404A3371F8E773

Comments

• SimbaSimba Posts: 74 Developer
    Sounds strange, but climbing mountains in TUG is quite a bit of fun! Something about how the mountains are generated makes it challenging but (usually) not impossible.
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
    jalb wrote:
    Sounds strange, but climbing mountains in TUG is quite a bit of fun! Something about how the mountains are generated makes it challenging but (usually) not impossible.
    I dig my way up the mountains, actually. I guess I prefer the drudgery of hammer swinging to the thrill of sliding halfway back down in one go.
  • SilasETBSilasETB Posts: 30
    Isn't a pick axe the better tool for digging a path up the mountain side (instead of swinging a hammer)?

BTW, what is the command to open that debug info? And is there a page that lists the commands?
  • CharlockCharlock Posts: 293 Seed
    Press F2 and again to move through the selection of data.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
  • ZakeZake Posts: 216 Seed
    I think I'll cross post here: I found a particularly high peak (y=10400) where the terrain generator was unable to go any higher. I'm betting until this bug is fixed, I've won the challenge?
    H2fj1Du.jpg
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • FaidhFaidh Posts: 6 Podling
    Nice spot for a castle, I'd say :)
  • QueenEtnaQueenEtna Posts: 1 Podling

Found this mountain where i first spawned in the world and decided to climb it. Its pretty high up and I have no way of getting down now xD Also look at that creepy glowing thing in the distance.. UFOs confirmed!
    I'm new to the game and looking for people to play with @w@
  • ZakeZake Posts: 216 Seed
    You can just jump off, seeds are pretty good at running down cliffs :D
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)