Creatures and more

Epicoah1Epicoah1 Posts: 5 Podling
edited February 2015 in Community
I have been playing TUG for a while now with a friend and our base it awesome but I think the world in my opinion feels a bit empty and I have seen a previous post about Dinos but I think a great idea would be the ability to implement Mamoths and others so that you can have creature farms. So you grow specific crops maybe berries and you grow them in your crop farm and then you feed the Mamoths that you have captured and they breed and so on and you kill them for food but I just liked the thought of actually herding creatures around the beautiful world. Also maybe new fences for the specific creatures. And get rid of the creepy mushroom children because the freak me the f**k out.

Comments

• NinjaMosquitoNinjaMosquito Posts: 1 Podling
    TL;DR: Mammoths yes, add storage and mining improved.

I am said friend, and i agree with everything Epic is saying. Obviously, it is still in pre-alpha, but i do think the next port of call should be filling up the world some more. Also, chests. They've been implemented, but not in any storage capacity, which i think should be done soon, in order to replace the 'Pile o' Stuff' we have at the back of our base.

One more thing, mining is really awkward. Would it be possible to put in a square indicator when mining, the same as when placing blocks? I think that would be really good.
  • Epicoah1Epicoah1 Posts: 5 Podling
    Yes very good chap. I believe with Ninja. I love the game so far and we have great banter all the time but it would be nicer if the world was filled and there was more to explore. I wouldn't want it to become too much like MC so it would be good if you put your own spin on things.
    Also riding dinos=must have.
  • TL;DR: Mammoths yes, add storage and mining improved.

I am said friend, and i agree with everything Epic is saying. Obviously, it is still in pre-alpha, but i do think the next port of call should be filling up the world some more. Also, chests. They've been implemented, but not in any storage capacity, which i think should be done soon, in order to replace the 'Pile o' Stuff' we have at the back of our base.

One more thing, mining is really awkward. Would it be possible to put in a square indicator when mining, the same as when placing blocks? I think that would be really good.
    I think they're still talking about how storage should work. It seems like it would be fairly trivial (in the grander scheme of things) to make chests work like our inventory, so I think there must be some other options on the table on how chests should work.

At first, I really hated the "pile of stuff", but it has since grown on me. My house has lots of little piles of stuff now, and I kind of like it. In the real world, I can't fit 20 giant boulders (about how many stacks of 512 cobble stone are piled up near my house) in my chest at the foot of my bed... maybe in the TUG world I shouldn't be able to either?

I think it'd be neat if the chest had to physically hold the objects, but still somehow make it easy to pick out the object you want. So maybe a hybrid of the inventory system and the physical storage, you drop items in the chest, but can take them out through an inventory selector?
  • RiggyRiggy Posts: 23 Seed
    nickwest wrote:
    TL;DR: Mammoths yes, add storage and mining improved.

I think they're still talking about how storage should work. It seems like it would be fairly trivial (in the grander scheme of things) to make chests work like our inventory, so I think there must be some other options on the table on how chests should work.

At first, I really hated the "pile of stuff", but it has since grown on me. My house has lots of little piles of stuff now, and I kind of like it. In the real world, I can't fit 20 giant boulders (about how many stacks of 512 cobble stone are piled up near my house) in my chest at the foot of my bed... maybe in the TUG world I shouldn't be able to either?

I think it'd be neat if the chest had to physically hold the objects, but still somehow make it easy to pick out the object you want. So maybe a hybrid of the inventory system and the physical storage, you drop items in the chest, but can take them out through an inventory selector?
    I wouldn't mind something like a rack to place tools on so that I can interact with the display and have them placed instead of struggling to place them in the proper spaces.

I'd certainly also love if I could just do something to compress the cobblestone I get from mining, it's driving me crazy to bury boulders of stone underground and hide it with clay.
    23.jpg
    Both are great ideas but I think it would be nice to have the hybrid idea like make a tool rack or a storage chest where you don't have to go inside it to retrieve the goods.
  • SinnonSinnon Posts: 383 Seed
    There should be more diversity on the animals that we can actually tame and hunt, but in a scale parallel to the scarcity of these critters, just as a real life environment
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.