Losing items! We need persistent storage.

SilasETBSilasETB REGISTERED Posts: 30
edited February 2015 in Gameplay
So we have been getting pretty comfortable exploring the world, builiding up bronze equipment, and killing cats. Problem is, whenever we return to camp there are a ton of items de-spawning. And not little stuff either. Furnaces, sand molds, stock piles of food and leather. Heck, the last adventure we returned to find that the crystal we had been using as our camp marker was even gone too.

Hopefully the developers are reading the forums and will work on preserving items and making the storage boxes functional and not subject to glitch de-spawning.

We are having a lot of fun so far. But the disappearing items basically makes it feel like you are constantly working to tread water and not lose ground. We need persistance!

Game on!

Comments

• GhostGhost REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 74 Developer
    SilasETB wrote:
    So we have been getting pretty comfortable exploring the world, builiding up bronze equipment, and killing cats. Problem is, whenever we return to camp there are a ton of items de-spawning. And not little stuff either. Furnaces, sand molds, stock piles of food and leather. Heck, the last adventure we returned to find that the crystal we had been using as our camp marker was even gone too.

Hopefully the developers are reading the forums and will work on preserving items and making the storage boxes functional and not subject to glitch de-spawning.

We are having a lot of fun so far. But the disappearing items basically makes it feel like you are constantly working to tread water and not lose ground. We need persistance!

Game on!
    We are always lurking on the forums!

We are definitely looking at this issue. It's a very high priority bug for us to get resolved and out to you guys soon. Currently you should be able to exit the game and load that current world up again and the items should re-appear as a by-pass until we get the problem resolved.

Thanks for playing!
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Ghost wrote:
    Currently you should be able to exit the game and load that current world up again and the items should re-appear as a by-pass until we get the problem resolved.

That mostly works for me, but I did have one situation where my bed had disappeared. Reloading did not bring it back. It got me wondering whether the goats had decided the gourds weren't enough, and decided to eat the bed, too.
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 244 Developer
    That mostly works for me, but I did have one situation where my bed had disappeared. Reloading did not bring it back. It got me wondering whether the goats had decided the gourds weren't enough, and decided to eat the bed, too.

Careful what you say on here, I listen too. There are an awful lot of leaves on those beds...
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Nekochu wrote:
    Careful what you say on here, I listen too. There are an awful lot of leaves on those beds...

Uh-oh! I'd better watch myself more carefully!

Though there is the question of whether a goat would completely eat the head and foot wooden blocks so that nothing is left... (After all, realism is one of the foundations of good games, right? *straight face*)
  • StilleVandeStilleVande REGISTERED Posts: 81 Seed
    Nekochu wrote:

Uh-oh! I'd better watch myself more carefully!

Though there is the question of whether a goat would completely eat the head and foot wooden blocks so that nothing is left... (After all, realism is one of the foundations of good games, right? *straight face*)

I had a pet goat.... had one. I'd wake up in the morning, and he would be standing on my car hood. Left my windows rolled down one night, came outside to a car with no head rests.

Gone. :p

But yeah, they will eat anything. :/
    Seriously, it's Faroese for Calm Water. - StilleVande
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-1.png
    regular-banner-3.png
    regular-banner-2.png
  • ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    In the interest of realism, hilarity, and challenge, I actually hope the goats wind up eating anything and everything that they can (obviously not wood or rocks, but fruit and leaves definitely). The more dynamic each character is, the better.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was in the works, but I think it's good to say anyway.

And, alas, we digress :P
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Uhm. Kinokojin (the little mushroom men), steal stuff. That could also be a thing...Board up your home before you leave. See if anything is missing when you return next time.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Goats!
    Goats do eat a lot of types of vegetation, so they will run you out of food if you're not careful. There is only one "crafted" item they currently consume, not the bed though. And as for the Kinokojin, yeah they are quite dangerous around campsites and tables.
  • GuntharGunthar REGISTERED Posts: 7 Podling
    AFAIK you cen use fences to keep the goats of your stuff. But this would not solve the other items disappearing.
  • ZadiraZadira REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    edited May 2015
    Is this really a thing? I was headed back to my home and met a little Kinokojin coming from that direction. I got up to where he had run away and there was a big blob of grass that I had stored on the outside of my storage area. I wondered if he had stolen it but then told myself that I had just dropped it there?
    Curious minds would sure love to know. :D
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    Zadira said:

Is this really a thing? I was headed back to my home and met a little Kinokojin coming from that direction. I got up to where he had run away and there was a big blob of grass that I had stored on the outside of my storage area. I wondered if he had stolen it but then told myself that I had just dropped it there?

They are sneaky little things. There are craftable chests in-game now though. :)

-Dee.
  • ZadiraZadira REGISTERED Posts: 11 Seed
    Oh gosh! I better go in game and put my pumpkin away!
    Shadee said:

Zadira said:

They are sneaky little things. There are craftable chests in-game now though. :)

Yep, so far nothing can steal, eat or break items stored in your chests! So far...