It bit me!

FlyingDebrisFlyingDebris REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
edited February 2015 in Lore & Theories
So, with the new update, there were some upgrades to the AI.

A kinokojin attacked me, but they seem to be extremely weak. Scared the crap out of me though...
Happy hunting~

Comments

• NekochuNekochu REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 244 Developer
    Weak but... They have some other interesting traits to watch out for.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    OOOo, do they induce hallucinations? OOooooOOoOoooooOOO
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • FlyingDebrisFlyingDebris REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    Dem mushrooms.

Seriously what else do they do, now I'm scared.
    Happy hunting~
  • ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    In the spirit of the game, I guess we just have to play and find out. I remember they wouldn't even tell us about the kinokojin to start.
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • FlyingDebrisFlyingDebris REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    *Roger that, proceeding into Kinokojin territory with two spears and seven pairs of extra loincloths.*
    Happy hunting~
    Now that would be a neat mechanic, the need for extra loincloths if something is too frightening
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
  • RiggyRiggy REGISTERED Posts: 23 Seed
    I, um, I think I might have accidentally made one of the Kinokojin when creating a return stone. There weren't any in the area I've settled, and when I finished crafting the stone, one suddenly appeared. I wish I hadn't attacked it in fright, as now I wonder what he would have done.
    23.jpg
    I saw something along that line in the update video, I thought I was going crazy.
  • egorkegork REGISTERED Posts: 139 Seed
    I think the little things steal stuff that you left on the ground, or maybe it's just my imagination
    I'm actually teaching them to use tools. It will be hilarious once you see one coming at you with an undersized stone pick!
  • reedooreedoo REGISTERED Posts: 151 Seed
    egork said:

I think the little things steal stuff that you left on the ground, or maybe it's just my imagination

They sure as hell do! I found one making creepy noises near my house, and went hunting for the little bastard as I didn't want my area mushroomed up. Little bastard stole torches while attacking me (multi-tasker!)
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Nekochu said:

I'm actually teaching them to use tools. It will be hilarious once you see one coming at you with an undersized stone pick!

So, thievery, primitive intelligence with tools, and mushroom people. Are the seedlings and kinokojin some form of relative (ie, seedlings come from trees/plants/whateva and the mushroom people come from mushrooms)? The seedlings are a little more advanced now, but if the devs keep training the mush-people, it could end up like the native Americans and columbus (only thing that came to mind with my train of though :l )
    5.jpg
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    I won't care much about them as long as I can loot my precious belongings back after impaling these bastards.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    So their AI is bugging out when there are items placed at elevation - in order for them to not steal my torch paths (way for me to track back to base) I've been elevating them on cobblestone towers. As a result I've watched the kinokojin giggle in glee and then bug out running against the cobblestone tower, or even run entire circles continuously around it trying to steal the torch.
    Yeah, I have noticed that too in certain situations. We'll bug it and get that solved.
    reedoo said:

So their AI is bugging out when there are items placed at elevation - in order for them to not steal my torch paths (way for me to track back to base) I've been elevating them on cobblestone towers. As a result I've watched the kinokojin giggle in glee and then bug out running against the cobblestone tower, or even run entire circles continuously around it trying to steal the torch.

Is that a bug or the first phase of them getting ticked off and then doing something like summoning a bear ram?

Maybe enough shroomen congregating will fuse into a shroom golem?
    Nekochu said:

Yeah, I have noticed that too in certain situations. We'll bug it and get that solved.

I've noticed the same bug happens for all AI - not just the Kinokojin - I placed an odd marker of elevated pumpkins and the Goats in the area are just congregating around them trying to eat them

reedoo said:

Nekochu said:

I've noticed the same bug happens for all AI - not just the Kinokojin - I placed an odd marker of elevated pumpkins and the Goats in the area are just congregating around them trying to eat them

That's a perfect lure.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Wingidon said:

That's a perfect lure.

Hahaha! I didn't even think of that - but true enough.

edited September 2015
    reedoo said:

Wingidon said:

That's a perfect lure.

Hahaha! I didn't even think of that - but true enough.

You could use it as a testing ground for traps!