PSA: List of All Recipes in all Versions Forever

UFIOESUFIOES REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 42 Seed
edited January 2015 in Alpha Forum
Figuring out all of the recipes can be quite challenging to newcomers. To this end there have been multiple postings of partial lists of recipes for multiple versions of TUG.
However there is a list of all recipes in every version of TUG (unless TUG's file structure is changed dramatically) located at:
TUGGameCoreDataCraftingCore_crafting.txt

Sense this is the list of recipes that TUG uses, it will always be up to date, and I am pretty sure that a recipe cannot be in the game unless it is in this file*. Searching through it with Ctrl F is not ideal, but it takes out much of the guesswork.

Ideally, I would love to see an in game way to access a more parsed version. For instance, the recipe for a "Crude Hammer" which is quite lengthy:
Crude Hammer Recipe
	{	
		file = "Scripts/Recipes/DefaultRecipe.lua"
		class = "DefaultRecipe"

LuaData
		{
			craftTime = 3.0

Components
			{
				Head 
				{
					"Round Rock" = 1
				}

Binding
				{
					"Vines" = 1
				}

Shaft
				{
					"Forked Stick" = 1
				}
			}

Results
			{
				"Crude Hammer" = 1
			}

Crafting Stations Optional
			{
				Crude Workbench
				{
					craftTime = 1.5
				}

Crafting Rock
				{
					craftTime = 2.0
				}

Crafting Stump
				{
					craftTime = 2.0
				}
			}
		}
	}

would be converted into the icons for the "Round Rock", "Vines", and the "Forked Stick" on one side with an arrow pointing to the icon of the completed "Crude Hammer" on the other. Things that need a crafting station would be pictured on top of the required station.

*I am not sure about recipes added by mods.

Comments

• Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    UFIOES wrote:
    Sense this is the list of recipes that TUG uses, it will always be up to date, and I am pretty sure that a recipe cannot be in the game unless it is in this file*.

*I am not sure about recipes added by mods.
    Last I checked, mods could have a recipe file in their sub-folders. Same format as the main one, though.

Another tip: some of the materials aren't named the same in the file and in the game. If you want to find out what the "Forked Stick" is, for example, hit Enter in game to open the chat, type
    /spawn "Forked Stick"

and hit Enter again. (Capitalization and quotes are important.) The right thing should appear where your mouse is pointing, so you can see its in-game name.