Update wiped out saved worlds

ElfElf REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
edited January 2015 in Alpha Forum
I hadn't been through an update cycle before, and had no idea it would wipe out my set of saved worlds. That was incredibly disheartening. Is there a way to avoid that in the future? Or am I missing some way to get them back?

Also, is there something planned to prevent unplayable spawn points? I don't mean "initial spawn near a cat spawn point" (which I've done, more than once; those are difficult but playable), but "initial spawn in the mountains, in a valley where there is no way out without cheating to spawn tools."

Comments

• SigilSigil REGISTERED Posts: 678 Developer
    From what I've seen your old saves are all still there. They just won't show up or work in the current version. If you can go back to an older version (and I'm not totally sure how you'd do that at this point. Maybe someone else can answer better) You can get back into those.
  • ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    That's how it worked when I upgraded from 0.6.5 to 0.7.1 Indev. The game didn't recognize it but it was in the local directory. I deleted it just to reduce clutter.
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    Zake wrote:
    The game didn't recognize it but it was in the local directory. I deleted it just to reduce clutter.
    I have a "live" and an "indev" subfolder in the Saves directory: whenever I play one version, I drag the files from the other verson into the subdirectory. (Just in case the game tries to read them anyway. Better safe...)