Organization/Settlement list - (Perpetual WIP)

CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
Welcome, here you will find all non-secret groups and non secret settlements.
Please see the thread rules below before posting.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
bx0y0ii07fpu.png
All organizations/structured settlements should have a thread or forum for recruitment, but I cannot guarantee that.
If the organization/settlment has a thread, on the NK forums, click the name of the organization to go to it; an external link to the organization's forum/website will be provided as well, if available.

--
This thread may be used by Organization/Settlement leaders for:
*War declarations
*Treaties
*Posting questions about this thread
-
This thread may be used by Seeds who are not in any organization/settlement for:
*Looking for an organization/settlement to join
*Posting questions about this thread
--

Every organization/settlement leader, that has their organization/settlement on this thread, is encouraged to watch this thread for updates from other organizations/settlements.

PM request format:
Template:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Name:

Leaders:

Type: (see the "Organization/Settlement type list" below if you need help deciding)

Server(s):

Alignment (please note that your organization's/Settlement's alignment should be from the list below, it is easier to have one system of alignment than fifty-billion-gazillion).

Formal Description:

External link for forum/website:

Competition(Merchant type organizations only):

At war with:

Treaties:

Alliances:

Nearby landmarks:

Boundaries marked by:

(Organization only)Town organization made/resides in:

(Organization only)Castle/fort/foxhole organization made/resides in

Symbol/Standard Equipment/Color(s):

-PM me if you have a suggestion for an organization/settlement type.
Organization type list:

Alliance
-A union or association formed for mutual benefit, especially between countries or organizations.

Association
-A group of people organized for a joint purpose.

Band
-1) A group of people who have a common interest or purpose.
-2) A group of musicians who play together.

Caravan group (AKA: Caravan band)
-A group of roaming traders that have banded together for safety.

Cartel
-1) An association of manufacturers or suppliers with the purpose of maintaining prices at a high level
and restricting competition.
-2) A coalition or cooperative arrangement between political parties intended to promote a mutual interest.

Church
-A place where religious groups goes to worship/pray.

City
-A large settlement.

Coalition
-An alliance for combined action, especially a temporary alliance of political parties forming a government
or of states.

College
-A place of learning, a college is a school for higher education.

Confederacy
-A league or alliance, especially of confederate states.

Confederation
-An organization that consists of a number of parties or groups united in an alliance or league.

Consortium
-An association, typically of several business companies.

Club
-An association or organization dedicated to a particular interest or activity.

Cult
-1)A system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object
-2)A relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as
strange or sinister.

Empire
-An extensive group of states or countries under a single supreme authority.

Federation
-A group of states with a central government but independence in internal affairs.

Gang
-An organized group of criminals.

Guild
-1) A medieval association of craftsmen or merchants, often having considerable power.
-2) An association of people for mutual aid or the pursuit of a common goal.

Kingdom
-A small, medium, to large settlement that is ruled by a single king.

League
-A collection of people, countries, or groups that combine for a particular purpose, typically mutual protection or cooperation.

Nation
-A community of people or peoples living in a defined territory and organized under a single government

Order
-1) A society of knights bound by a common rule of life and having a combined military and monastic character.
-2) An institution founded by a monarch for the purpose of conferring an honor, or honors for merit,
on those appointed to it.
-3) An organization that usually requires members to make an oath.

Party
-A small to large group of people who are temporarily working together to accomplish a goal.

Province
-A principal administrative division of certain countries or empires.

School
-A place of learning, a school is for learning the basics/intermediate things.

State
-A nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government.

Syndicate
-A group of individuals or organizations combined to promote some common interest.

Town
-A town is a small settlement, about the size of four villages, where most people know each other
and there are plenty of people who are not related.

Union
-A political unit consisting of a number of states or provinces with the same central government, in particular.

Village
-A very small settlement, everyone knows each other in a village, and it is not uncommon that they are
all related some how.

Alignment list:
-
Angelic
Lawful/Good
Lawful/Neutral
Lawful/Evil
Neutral/Good
Neutral
Neutral/Evil
Chaotic/Good
Chaotic/Neutral
Chaotic/Evil
Demonic

Note: Groups do not assign themselves with demonic or angelic, they are earned through reputation and the general public opinion.
-
ctvk7ehwqpse.png
Ars Arcanus (Council of Ars)
-Guild and College
-Lawful/Neutral
-Formal Description:
Premier guild and college of all things magical in the world of TUG, open to anyone and everyone who is interested in magic.
3ka2fes4yjrg.png
-Placeholder (HolderOfPlaces)
Located in placehold valley, near the curvy river, and between the twin peaks.
Thread rules

Please stay on topic and do not post requests/recruitment applications of any kind. Thank you!
This thread is primarily for Seeds to find organizations/settlements and apply on that organizations/settlements forum thread, it is also for group/settlement leaders if they so choose to use it.
-Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
"I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
12.jpg
4.jpg

Comments

• CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    edited January 2014
    While I am typically against unlawful groups, more specifically unorganized and erratic unlawful groups that are just a bunch of trolls, I am a proponent for balance and therefore fun; which is to say, if it is too unbalanced ("lawful" and "unlawful" players) then the game wont be very fun for a lot of people (WOW for example).
    So, what am I proposing exactly?
    The lawful and unlawful groups should get together to decide areas/buildings/cities that would be considered "safe zones" (like restaurants, a few large fields, or an entire city); that will allow a good balance to develop and give more structure to the game, it will also give lawful and unlawful groups a reason to temporarily work together for a common cause.
    In fact, it would be more interesting/beneficial if the lawful and unlawful groups were to make a city together as a "safe zone"; because then it would show that even though they are polar opposites there is still respect, and some form of honor, between players (this act could also strengthen the community around TUG substantially, maybe even impress other communities (and get more people interested)).

Example: a group of rogue bandits wreak havoc on a city that is considered a safe zone and now every group that participates in that city, be they lawful or unlawful, has a reason to murder those bandits; and to boot, tension between groups can be eased as they work together to give the bandits their shiny new Darwin awards.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    CustosAeternam, as a Councillor of Ars Arcanus I invite you to view the latest posts of Ars Arcanus as we have more formally organised ourselves.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    BTW, I think your Alignment list is a little messed up. Here:

-
    Angelic
    ---
    Lawful Good
    Neutral Good
    Chaotic Good
    ---
    Lawful Neutral
    Pure Neutral
    Chaotic Neutral
    ---
    Lawful Evil
    Neutral Evil
    Chaotic Evil
    ---
    Demonic
    -
    Tada!

(Please remove this post after the owner has seen and replied to this, so this thread may stay clean and organized.)
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    The alignment list I use is based on if you follow laws and what kind of person you are; eg: I follow laws but I am an evil dude, able to kill and steal within the law and no one can stop me.
    I do not use chaotic on my scale because, by definition, it does not fit; you can be chaotic but it does not mean you are "good" or "bad", you are simply unpredictable with a tendency to do evil deeds while remaining lawful/neutral/unlawful (another word for that is neutral, because you are not barred on what chioces you make and can be unpredictable with a tendency to to evil things).

Edit: the post can stay, that way this subject wont be brought up again.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Alright, okay. After playing NWN2 (Which is based off of a certain DnD rules book or something), I kind of liked that specific arrangement. Lawful means following rules (Evil can be lawful... they have their own set of rules and guidelines to follow, such as "I will murder... but if there is a child involved, that's taking it to far." or something like that), Chaotic means the opposite. Imagine a Chaotic Good person for example... the crazed Barbarian: "Arrgg! You idiots are always getting in my way! Just, move out of my way! Argh... there we go. Move over!" *Pushes stupid heads away* "I told you I wanted three chairs! Not two and 9/10ths of chairs! You must think I stupid!" *Smashes enemy with balloon* "Now you are dead! Ahahah!" Ehh... or whatever.

OH! Now I remember why I wanted to say that before. I'm just used to that format and the exact wording and such. lol. I was just freaking out because you said Lawful/good then Lawful/neutral ETC. instead of Lawful/good Neutral/good Chaotic/good, ETC.... okay. Yeah, no, IDK. Sorry, I read that awhile ago and probably should have reread it again... somehow I thought you missed something. lol.

BTW, you said you're looking for a job... I take it you mean IRL? Cool :D. I hope to get a job real soon too... eh, hopefully I'll get someone to join my ORG. so I can lean back a little instead of worrying about some invisible flock of people that I might be in charge of some future-day. lol
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    edited May 2015
    This thread is horribly outdated and no one wants to cooperate to make it better, therefore it was a waste of time, and so I will no longer service it. but because I put effort into it I will work on it more...

---Darn you stubbornness, why do you have to make me a liar?
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    Hey @CustosAeternam The suggested website could use some improvement. It has a bit of an ad problem.
    a1i938.jpg
    That is not a problem I can fix, all I can do is remove the link from my thread.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED Posts: 171
    ahhh I misread.
    a1i938.jpg
    edited October 2015
    After quite a while in Hyper-sleep (dealing with people over the phone) I am updating this horribly out of date thread...

*Adding organizations and removing timestamps, I will now add things on at random with no care in the world as to any particular order

-I am still going to update this thread, just in case anyone is wondering (10/29/15)
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    edited September 2016
    This needs updating, collaboration is requested from organization leaders.
    I will be redoing the organizations and towns lists.
    12.jpg
    4.jpg