Darkscript's Concept Compilation

2»

Comments

• DarkscriptDarkscript REGISTERED Posts: 35 Seed
    Wingidon wrote:
    Interesting plant! If it was added, it would for sure be a serious problem for jungle dwellers...
    Indeed. I imagine it being an issue. However, the 'plant' that was just added seems to be even more, curious then the snatcher haha. Makes you not want to go swimming in the deep dark oceans.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Who needs to swim... when you can jump over the place with the Moa?
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    For my sake, if this get implemented, I will want greek fire in a portable canister on my back, connected to a hose which propels it at 10 meters ahead of me (KILL IT WITH FIRE). That, or fire magic.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    Wingidon wrote:
    Who needs to swim... when you can jump over the place with the Moa?

Guess that depends are how large the lake is, and how far it could jump. Otherwise guess you might have to swim with caution... of course no one knows yet if it is hostile towards humans. Just don't go into the dark parts of the water ha
    For my sake, if this get implemented, I will want greek fire in a portable canister on my back, connected to a hose which propels it at 10 meters ahead of me (KILL IT WITH FIRE). That, or fire magic.

I'd say magic fire, might be hard to propel normal flame underwater.
  • Nuclear RussianNuclear Russian REGISTERED Posts: 424 Seed
    "Greek fire was an incendiary weapon used by the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire. The Byzantines typically used it in naval battles to great effect as it could continue burning while floating on water"
    Wikipedia, on greek fire.
    Knowledge is power, Guard it well - Blood Ravens battle cry

"Re-evolution: Sound like a blast"
    "Me: It will be"
    13.jpg
    "Greek fire was an incendiary weapon used by the Eastern Roman (Byzantine) Empire. The Byzantines typically used it in naval battles to great effect as it could continue burning while floating on water"
    Wikipedia, on greek fire.

Indeed.
    I meant more so deep underwater, but if it ever surfaced then that would probably be able to kill it... though, no one knows as of now if it is even hostile ;)
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    Have you seen the Kraken concept art on the steam greenlight page? Looks kinda like it's planned to be hostile ;)
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Pamcakes wrote:
    Have you seen the Kraken concept art on the steam greenlight page? Looks kinda like it's planned to be hostile ;)

I had not seen yet, however i will go and take a look :)
    Pamcakes wrote:

I looked, its pretty epic. And i don;t know, it might have only wanted a hug? It makes me rather sad that i can't actually play the game, since it will not run on my computer. The game looks very nice though, watching the youtube vids and such and everything seems to be coming together well.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    they need to add a random giant/creature that just wants to hug you. like it runs up to you/after you and keeps chasing you until you give it a hug.
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
    Extra points if it looks angry.
    Rin wrote:
    they need to add a random giant/creature that just wants to hug you. like it runs up to you/after you and keeps chasing you until you give it a hug.

Haha, i agree. And the after that, they should add a creature that follows you around, you can not escape it, you can not kill it, you can't even really touch it. But it always finds you and just follows you around, poking you with a long branch and making a strange irritating noise. The kind that makes your family sitting in the next room wonder what game you are playing, and what that noise is. But, you can't get rid of it, and the worst part of it it, only your player can see it. So when you go up to other people and ask, they just think you are strange. It could be a curse monster, and the only way to get rid of it is to find something impossibly rare.

However, the plus side of this experience is that if you can find said rare object, you can then tame the "Schizophrenia" monster, and then set it on your enemies.... Imagine the possibilities.
  • TrapMasterTrapMaster REGISTERED Posts: 27
    Well, poking you with a stick is kinda wierd, but I think that something like that like "The Hidebehind" would be amazing in tug. For anyone who doesn't know what the Hidebehind is, it is basically a thing that when you enter it's territory, it follows you, but when you look at it, it stretches its body to hide perfectly behind a rock or tree, until it gets close enough to strike.
    18.jpg
    TrapMaster wrote:
    Well, poking you with a stick is kinda wierd, but I think that something like that like "The Hidebehind" would be amazing in tug. For anyone who doesn't know what the Hidebehind is, it is basically a thing that when you enter it's territory, it follows you, but when you look at it, it stretches its body to hide perfectly behind a rock or tree, until it gets close enough to strike.

Haha yeah the stick thing is more a joke, but i agree that a monster like that would be very interesting.
    Hello all. I added some sketches to the bottom of my list. As soon as i get some time i'll finish them and repost.
    Thoughts, ideas, statements involving bacon?... let me know.

Also, Wing, the dagger is for you. Magically charged steel perhaps? haha
    I'll make it look all magi-ish when i finish it up... one of these days. :_)
    I like these sketches! Seriously, that plant is a must-see ingame.

And that dagger, beautiful thing... for me? *grabs dagger and begins carrying it around from this day forward on the belt*
    @Wingidon 'Ha, glad you like it. I will try to put a finished version up soon.

On another note, the flying creature at the bottom of 'Sketches' was inspired from a map a friend drew of his game.I could not resist...
    BrentsMap_zps11831332.png
    LOL
    Used some bits of chard fire wood from the other night to create the most recent image 'Star lit Night'
    Creating art for TUG, cave man style ;)
  • jon14ukjon14uk REGISTERED Posts: 782 Seed
    Hehe I like it. I really dig the standing stones in the back ground.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
    Lanterns on a stick, that should be a thing.
    Wingidon wrote:
    I would like to see something similar in game. I Imagine you should be able to create glass and candles at some point, so perhaps something like that may be added in the future.
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Wingidon wrote:
    Starbound style (First one that came to mind probably plenty more) as in where it on your back or just carry it?
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
    Also couldn't stop thinking about Starbound.
    If in the back or not, that's up to the owner of the lantern to decide.
  • Loon2ULoon2U REGISTERED Posts: 2
    A request if you will. How about living organic armor and weapons? First thing that popped into my head was a spear that is actually a centipede or millipede with the pointy end on the "back" end of the critter (For poisoning purposes). It would have the ability to straighten out like a spear when used as a weapon, but mostly stay's curled around neck and shoulders. Why a centipede or millipede? So that when you throw it, no matter where you go, it will follow you like a tamed pet. Even up/down a cliff.
    Loon2U wrote:
    A request if you will. How about living organic armor and weapons? First thing that popped into my head was a spear that is actually a centipede or millipede with the pointy end on the "back" end of the critter (For poisoning purposes). It would have the ability to straighten out like a spear when used as a weapon, but mostly stay's curled around neck and shoulders. Why a centipede or millipede? So that when you throw it, no matter where you go, it will follow you like a tamed pet. Even up/down a cliff.

Sounds interesting. I will see what i can do and try to post something soon. ;)
2»