Tools have disappeared and graphical terrain glitch

ZakeZake Posts: 216 Seed
edited January 2015 in Bugs
Opened up my game today and I noticed most of my pile of tools has disappeared. Mostly hoes but also may have lost a knife. Not sure yet how reproducible this is but it might go along with the inventory bugs.

Also I dug out some more from my mineshaft, in and around that blueish rock. Used a stone pick with a potion at the 2x2x2 size. Came back after a bit with a bronze pick and noticed my day's excavation was reverted. Tried mining one of the ghost blocks and it went back to the way I had mined it out.

Specs right now are well within requirement. Windows 7, AMD Radeon HD 7730M 2GB switchable graphics, 8GB RAM, Core i7 processor, Directx 11, 1280x720 display currently
I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)

Comments

• reedooreedoo Posts: 151 Seed
    I had this exact terrain glitch! Except it was in the reverse when I was building my main base. I would go to get more wood come back and be like - what? I thought I built that wall - OK maybe not - I go to place a wood block where it should be and the whole wall pops back into existence.
  • ZakeZake Posts: 216 Seed
    Today I had a cherry tree and a pumpkin plant vanish (actually gone, not just graphics). Cherries were still scattered around the ground though.
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    Same here Zake - had an entire field of apple trees, orange trees and my melons disappear. And I also have an apply tree that flicks in and out of existence randomly as well as an orange tree that has permanently disappeared - both of these still grow excessive amounts of fruit.

Is anyone submitting screen shots/world files to their IT ticket base: http://support.nerdkingdom.com/support/login ?
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
    If you do submit reports, make sure it's obvious whether it's in the 'live' 0.6.5 version, or in one of the InDev versions. I know I get confused lot about which problems are in which versions when I'm not taking good notes. :oops:

Also, you can probably save yourself a little work by double checking the patch notes. For example, one of the postings mentions they know about the overabundance of fruit, so there's probably no need to make a lot of screenshots/reports.

Just my thoughts, anyway.
    Oh good point, everything from me has been in the current indev branch
    Actually they said they fixed the fruit over-production issue: posting.php?mode=quote&f=4&p=19693
    Nekochu wrote:
    10/27/2014

Fixes
    • Fixed a rare crash when travelling across terrain
    • Fixed a crash with fully grown cabbage traps crashing games on load
    • Fixed an issue with fruit fruit trees over-producing fruit

So - I think it might be 'sometimes' fixed and not always.
    For myself, trees no longer seem to be overproducing fruit. Some trees have comically large amounts, but those are the ones that were lying around during the 10/23 update and I haven't harvested. The trees I actively use are annoyingly (realistically) slow.
  • ive been playing survival for a while. id stockpile different items by dropping them into piles in a hollow oak tree. upon returning from foraging for one thing or another, nearly all of my items and the hollow oak tree were gone. i setup another home base, went out to hunt (like very far out) came back and it had reappeared. unfortunatley, my new home base is now missing the majority of my loot, including a placed pumpkin cauldron.
    Are you playing the newest update? (v0.8.1, I believe it's currently the same on main and indev) I don't know if it was fixed, but it should help the devs to know you're playing the newest update.
  • egorkegork Posts: 139 Seed
    In the July 2015 update things seemed to be disappearing until I realized the goats were eating food (mature fruit, pumpkins and gourds and small pumpkins and gourd plants and their numbers seem to be increasing) and the little mushroom men were stealing other stuff, or so it appeared. I made a wall around the garden and started hunting the mushroomies and things seem stable.

I'm wondering now if the increase in the population of goats is going to attract predators?
  • Hoppa_JoelHoppa_Joel Posts: 191 Seed
    Interesting thing to note, Mushroom men will destroy your grown vines if you harvest trees ( before they attack ) they also seem to take torches too. I didnt realize they'd take placed torches too hehe.