Kinkojin are now aggressive?!

reedooreedoo REGISTERED Posts: 151 Seed
edited April 2015 in Gameplay
Playing InDev - and running around foraging, finally came across some Kinkojin (I could hear them) and continued foraging and ignoring them are they ran away. But then I was cutting down a tree and two of them attacked me from behind. What! That's new!

Anyone else had them attack? Have you had them attack you one on one or only in mobs?

Comments

• ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    I can't yet say much on their behavior, but it seems they think of themselves as forest guardians; start clearcutting and they'll get mad at you. I've only been attacked by one or two at a time I think.
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
  • reedooreedoo REGISTERED Posts: 151 Seed
    Oooooo - this is an interesting concept if they do mob/attack you when you start to take trees/foliage/etc. out. I like it.
  • qwertieqwertie REGISTERED Posts: 10 Seed
    That has happened to me to, some times they attack me other times they just run by doing their creepy laugh.
  • givemhellgivemhell REGISTERED Posts: 27
    i have never encountered a Kinkojin til today didnt even know they existed

i named my world magic, blank seed, 30 secs into the game after picking up 4 gourds i heard one laugh, i looked around and saw something move just out of view down a hill, i ran after it, i got close to it a few times but it never hit me. it vanished and left some mushrooms including 1 :? ghost mushroom

pure luck and irony with the world name. :lol:
  • DapperHamsterDapperHamster REGISTERED Posts: 58 Seed
    I've been attacked twice by them; the first time I think I was picking/chopping something, but the second time (different seed) I was just exploring and hadn't picked up/chopped anything in awhile. I was thinking they might be some sort of forest guardian as well, but that second attack seemed to poke a hole in that hypothesis.
  • CersusCersus REGISTERED Posts: 45 Seed
    Kinkojin are just plan creepy: I remember when I first heard one I had no idea what that sound was or where it was coming from. I was so creeped out I couldn't see anything. Also being attacked; turning around and nothing being there.
    2.jpg
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    You know your f*&^* with a creeper in MC but a kinkojin will straight play with your mind.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • PeyjPeyj REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    reedoo said:

Oooooo - this is an interesting concept if they do mob/attack you when you start to take trees/foliage/etc. out. I like it.

Agreed! Cool idea.

And yeah, they are super creepy. I took a kind of pleasure in attacking one back, weird little guys. :(

• ThrangarThrangar REGISTERED Posts: 3 Podling
    reedoo said:

Playing InDev - and running around foraging, finally came across some Kinkojin (I could hear them) and continued foraging and ignoring them are they ran away. But then I was cutting down a tree and two of them attacked me from behind. What! That's new!

Anyone else had them attack? Have you had them attack you one on one or only in mobs?

I have found some interesting situations, I have never been attacked from the fron,t and never attacked by two only one, I have had them run up to me and as they get closer they turn and run, on those occasions I had a weapon in my hand.Also if you chase them and get them cornered they will get so upset that they explode into mushroom bits before you can reach them.