Tuggles for the proper gentleseeds

RumbeardRumbeard REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
edited November 2014 in Fan Art
Ahoy yee sealess dogs.

with all this talk of Steampunk, iron ages, and magical industry, I figured it would be time to advance the system of writing. So please comment on some tuggles caligraphy - perfect for your Letters of Pardon or Magical Compendium.
DEpfNjQ.png

This should get some folks thinking along the lines of illuminated texts maybe?!? 8-)

hmmm...let me know whatcha think.
8XNeipD.png
tu4FQ4W.png

Comments

• RumbeardRumbeard REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
    some application of it along the lines of the style I was thinking:

2w99XJ3.png

It has a real look of Arabic the more I play with it - what do y'all think? Anyone found any "tug-terms" for elements or magic that might look cool in this style?

On a side note, I love the way the XXX baseline serifs look like waves - fits with my idea for my seed nicely (a land locked seedling yearning for the sea!) btw - I'll be starting an awareness campaign to bring the sea to tug :P

Enjoy all!
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 738 Seed
    ugh, so lovely! I would be careful about adding or making them too different. Example, the first one with the added dot on the side, some might mistake it to be a new letter instead of a fancy re-do of the original.

I am LOVING the Arabic touch to it.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    good points Pamcakes, I'm curious how easy it is to pick out the characters as I keep pushing it for more aesthetics and less lettering.

In some ways, I like the mystery and it reminds me a bit of old letters and that beautiful thing that once was called handwriting. Anyone taken the opportunity to look at your great grandparents letters? They're freaking beautiful.

Here's a test for you guys to see if you can decipher it still...

McakCl3.png

and a trick character in there since it hasn't been shared with us yet...
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Rumbeard wrote:
    good points Pamcakes, I'm curious how easy it is to pick out the characters as I keep pushing it for more aesthetics and less lettering.

In some ways, I like the mystery and it reminds me a bit of old letters and that beautiful thing that once was called handwriting. Anyone taken the opportunity to look at your great grandparents letters? They're freaking beautiful.

Here's a test for you guys to see if you can decipher it still...

snip

and a trick character in there since it hasn't been shared with us yet...
    Ars Arcanus?
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
    Cool, it works!

Shout if you would like me to do any words for ya'll - I've got them vectored out and made a brush to make it a little easier to reproduce.
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
  • Lukky3mLukky3m REGISTERED Posts: 44 Seed
    Wow its is nice, i think i'm going to train this as handwrite right now, i really loved your idea..
    21.jpg
    6.jpg
    Nice Lukky! share what you end up with, I'd love to see it.
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
  • SigilSigil REGISTERED, Developers Posts: 678 Developer
    Impressive!