InDev - Creative Mode, Biome selection?

Serial MMOistSerial MMOist REGISTERED Posts: 14
edited January 2015 in Alpha Forum
Any chance we can select the Biome while inDev? I really want to build something but currently I require a Barren landscape biome.

Comments

• Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    I've never tried to change the available biomes, but I do know where to find the (live version) files that control terrain generation. Assuming that you're using the default Steam install location:

C:Program Files (x86)SteamSteamAppscommonTUGGameCoreDataGeneration

I'd suggest backing up your save files before starting: I don't know whether opening an old game file with new generation settings will cause a problem.

Good luck, and let us know if/how you get it working!
  • Serial MMOistSerial MMOist REGISTERED Posts: 14
    Thanks for the reply! What I am really looking for is using the nonblock building mechanics found on the InDev version on a basic flat barren green patch like they have in Live. I'm sure its coming soon (Pretty Please).

I am really enjoying all the textures and items in the InDev build and I am hoping to use them for a build I have planned.
  • Rosette BravoRosette Bravo REGISTERED Posts: 1
    Ive been digging down with shovels through dirt and then at the gravel layer switching to picks. When I hit the rock under the gravel I am burning through picks rather fast but have not found any copper or coal. Any suggestions?
    You can easily check out our best quality testking exam dumps prepare you well for the real pmp exam. You can also get success in real exam of 300-101 with the quality thomasaquinas.edu
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Developers Posts: 244 Developer
    Well not an easy method at the moment but if you look at the following file:

C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTUGGameCoreScriptsGenerationTestGenerator.lua

There are a few lines at the top that you can adjust to get to flat world
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    function TestGenerator:BuildTree()

-- Uncomment for flat generation
    	-- local cliffNoise = self:Multiply(self:Add(self:Simplex((2.0 / 64.0) / 4.0, 8), self:Constant(1.0)), self:Constant(1.0))
    	-- local flatCliffs = self:Terrace(cliffNoise)
    	-- flatCliffs:NKAddControlPoint(1)
    	-- return flatCliffs, self:Material("Green Hills")

-- The main world generator, comment out for flat generation
    	local TUGWorld = TUGWorld.new():GetRoot()
    	return TUGWorld

end

You'll just need to uncomment the top section and comment out the current generation and this will give you an all flat terrain.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux