What are you going to be ingame?

Comments

• mcmanusaurmcmanusaur REGISTERED Posts: 141
    Joe wrote:
    mcmanusaur wrote:
    3srgm.png
    Does that picture refer to Minecraft or did you make it for this?

Well, both sort of. I made it for this thread, but in doing so I was thinking about how I spent my time in Minecraft (as that should be a good predictor).
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    professions :alchemist/apothecary.
    secondary professions : golemsmith/carpenter/glassmaker/cartographer/sailor/blacksmith (i'll decide later, but i'll probably be at least 3 of these)
    foreseeable plans : helping get tuccar, and the lemurian empire up and running as well as the stonehearth university. once they are set up, i'll set up my shop for potions so i can fund my other research into the unknown arts of golemancy and alchemy, as i believe these will be inextricably tied (and who doesn't want to make a golem?). i want to make a ship as well, but since we do not know if ships will be movable, i just kinda set it aside for now as a hope.
    combat plans : depends on how custom we can make weapons, but i'm gonna specialize in either archery/swordsmanship, or archery/staff.
    i may also dabble in more traditional magic, but i'm an alchemist first and foremost. seeker of the mysterious knowledge of alchemy and the magical power of potions, never unguarded by my trusted golem, i am Rin. it's a pleasure to meet you ;)
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg
  • VisigothVisigoth REGISTERED Posts: 268
    mcmanusaur wrote:
    "Time Spent Starving to death:
    lol, nice...
    2mrSQTP.png
    tqJH8d0.png L8gIJPq.png HS9Ak7Z.png bJiq4Rv.png
  • mcmanusaurmcmanusaur REGISTERED Posts: 141
    Visigoth wrote:
    mcmanusaur wrote:
    "Time Spent Starving to death:
    lol, nice...

What can I say? I often get too caught up in building and neglect the survival aspects (though I'm glad to hear that they will be more pressing in TUG)...
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    You will find me jumping from tree-top to tree-top, in the great forests of my city, or possibly a jungle if I'm lucky. If that doesn't work out you will find me wandering massive underground labyrinths, researching every little thing I can, trying to find out why I was there.

I, as a master in the ways of the fbhefgukgtrewl, will always carry a bow, a shortsword, a few health potions, and a large array of custom splash potions! I will wear light armour, not because I want to be sneaky, but because I really need to be able to run at any time, also dodging is really important to me. I will always have my companion, flerplesmack, an ultra speedy, green, argon lamp. My major professions include archery, and alchemy. My minor professions include beast-mastery (not sure what else to call it!), swordsmanship, and modifying things.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • SmartyOf95SmartyOf95 REGISTERED Posts: 394
    I'm going to be an alchemist/mage living in a small village. I'll wear white robes trimmed with either yellow or gold, and carry some sort of healing staff, with a silver dagger for collecting ingredients. Helping out the locals with any arcane troubles or sicknesses will be my main job. I'll mainly be protected by either a trusted hired guard, or some golems (woo golems!!). If you find me you'll probably either catch me between house visits to the locals, bargaining with a merchant for some herb from a far away land, exploring a dungeon for some hidden scroll or just relaxing in the tavern.
    Well at least on the surface I'll be a boring goody-two-shoes...
    Beneath the surface however I'm going to be the one causing the troubles, poisoning the towns water supply to make people sick, summoning monsters that only I can banish etc. Eventually I'll be a very prominent person in this very unlucky village because I'm the only one able to help them with all their "problems".

Obviously this is just what I feel like doing for now... this may change as new stuff comes out. Right now I've had enough of being the good guy, so i'll be a "bad" guy xD
    - Member of the Arcane Council, the Ruling body of Ars Arcanus.
  • Dillyman2Dillyman2 REGISTERED Posts: 5
    I am going to be a master blacksmith. I probably won't do much exploring, so I will trade things I make for recipies and stuff. Sometimes, I will travel to other towns to trade, but most of the time, I will be managing a shop in Hazington (if that still exist). Of course, when the Lemurian empire needs weapons and armour for a military force, I will do my best to provide stuff. I don't want to decide on what else I am going to do untill there is actually a survival.
  • ShadeeShadee REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 399 Site Admin
    A lurker and explorer mainly probably. ;)

Though I do love building as well. So I'll probably build a nice little house in the wilds somewhere, which will probably be found and set on fire by Ino at some point. :cry:
    -Dee.
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Shadee wrote:
    A lurker and explorer mainly probably. ;)

Though I do love building as well. So I'll probably build a nice little house in the wilds somewhere, which will probably be found and set on fire by Ino at some point. :cry:
    make sure to put a fire-trap so if ino tries to kill your house, he becomes a wisp c:

All I can add is that I want to be the guy who climbs stairs using legs and arms like if I was a quadripedal critter :3 (I do that irl so...)
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Does no one want to devote their time to academia? Think about it, TUG is made by a bunch of researchers and whatnot, and will be studied by other nerds with PhD's and stuff. There's bound to be some cool science stuff to discover.

Using what we know, I suppose you could say I aspire to be an alchemist in game, though I shall try to avoid the magical side of alchemy and stick to the chemistry proper. I really want to be a soldier or general or something, but I'm not great at fighting games and commanding a bunch of gamers against others gamers in a situation where death is not an end-all to the player sounds like a pain in the arse xD
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    When there is nothing left to blow up, then I might go to academia
    5.jpg
  • SinnonSinnon REGISTERED Posts: 383 Seed
    I'll devote myslef to my actual order, and mantain stability in the whole community, preventing unecessary bloodshed, tough war won't be banned from the gamer's mind, it will exist, tough regulated in a way it will benefit everyone, I really don't want to go out of theme with this so I'll stop talking about the order here.

I am a very curious person, might study alchemy and the roots of the world itself, altough I am good with fighting and like to fight alot, TUG will have much more to offer than that, I'll study magic after I haver mastered the arts of alchemy and herblore. Might even adventure deep forest and mines just to see the beauty of the game, or building useless big monuments just to decorate a homeless place instead of building homes for them.
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
    i am xodus. on page 4. only not so much academia professor studying chemistry and more of experimenting alchemist with all the aspects of alchemy (magical concepts and mechanical concepts).
    20.jpg
  • Xodus_LLamaXodus_LLama REGISTERED Posts: 74
    Eh, I can appreciate that, heresy and all ;)
    "A mathematician is a device for turning coffee into theorems." ~Paul Erdos
    "Go down deep enough into anything and you will find mathematics." ~Dean Schlicter
    it's only heresy if there's an official religion. until then, it's just looked down upon by some. ;)
    20.jpg
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Logic and understanding is my religion, It worked for the Dwemer, it can work for me.
    Validifyed wrote:
    Logic and understanding is my religion, It worked for the Dwemer, it can work for me.

Worked for the Dwemer until what happened at Red Mountain... then they all went *poof*
    Except for one guy who happened to be in a plain of oblivion at the time and has corpulus (I think that's how it's spelt)...
    SmartyOf95 wrote:
    Validifyed wrote:

Worked for the Dwemer until what happened at Red Mountain... then they all went *poof*
    Except for one guy who happened to be in a plain of oblivion at the time and has corpulus (I think that's how it's spelt)...
    I think it was corpus.
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
    Wingidon wrote:
    SmartyOf95 wrote:
    Validifyed wrote:

I think it was corpus.

Looked it up, you were closer xD It's corprus.
    SmartyOf95 wrote:
    Wingidon wrote:
    SmartyOf95 wrote:

I think it was corpus.

Looked it up, you were closer xD It's corprus.
    Darnit warframe and the Corpus faction! They made a mess in my mind! xD
    SmartyOf95 wrote:
    Validifyed wrote:

I see we got more TES fans like me!, I like to look the 1st and 2nd Era Lore, don't know why yet hahahahaha, I think something is wrong, something is actually missing, that's why we cannot learn from the Dwemer, and other factors that might have led to their supposedly deaths. Wouldn't be surprised if they are in another plane, since Barn could actually travel to another planes alone...
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Enlist your faction in Seekers Order, sub-groups or alliances are not problem with the enlisting, since we are a not a clan, just a UN sistem of organization.
    I always thought they may have been teleported to one of the outer realms, like aetherius or something... Seems to make sense since they were playing around with a gods heart.
    Technically it has never been proven that the disappearance of the Dwemer is down to their experiments with Padomay's heart, however I admit that this seems the most likely cause. But both the Aetherium wars and the experiments into the Anumidium could both be backed up by the surviving Dwemer Yagrum Bagarn who was in the Outer Reaches when the Dwemer disappeared.
  • SixddSixdd REGISTERED Posts: 69 Seed
    I thought it was Lorkahns Heart...
    Sithis, Lorkahn, Padomay. One and the same, one of the 2 original forces of the void who gave birth to the et'Ada, the gods.
    Duhhhh.
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png
    Valid. That is not quite right. Sithis and Lorkhan are two different things. Lorhkan was a god. And Sithis/Padomay was one of the two original forces.
    They are the same, Sithis is worshiped as a god by the Brotherhood but is not one of the et'Ada and so could not be a god, Sithis originally convinced Magnus to design Mundus and has a larger part in the creation of the world, but was not a god as such. If memory serves correct I also believe he was the first to abandon Mundus when the creation was a failure, this is also likely why he is often is associated with the Dedra so often, that and his obvious relationship to death, being the eviler of the 2 primordial forces.
    This is pulled directly from the TES wiki:

"Before the universe existed there was Anu, the unchanging stasis. Into this stasis came Padomay, the agent of change, and thus the universe was created. From the chaos of creation came the et'Ada, formless spiritual beings, to populate the universe.

All creation myths across Tamriel include the Aedra Akatosh in some form, as the first of the et'Ada to form an identity, bringing with him the concept of time. The existence of time aided other et'Ada in forming their own identities, and soon there were hundreds of separate, individual beings. The other common element in all creation myths is the presence of the "trickster", usually called Lorkhan. After some indeterminate amount of time, Lorkhan approached his peers with a plan to create a new plane of existence, and to create and populate it with lesser beings of their own design, which he described as being the "soul of the universe". He was able to convince a group of his fellow spirits to help with his plan, while others suspected a trick or were simply uninterested and were kept out.

Lorkhan's plan was executed, resulting in the creation of the mortal plane/planet of Nirn. During this process, it became clear to the Aedra that their own divine energy was being drained to help infuse life into the world. Some of the Aedra managed to escape the mortal world, most notably Magnus, who was initially the chief architect of Lorkhan's plan, but quickly became disgusted with his creation and fled. Since Magnus is not bound by the rules of Nirn, neither is the magic which flows from him, allowing it to violate the natural laws and reach across the planes of existence. Other Aedra drew back from creation in time to maintain some degree of their divinity, leaving them bound to Nirn, but still powerful relative to the mortals. A few Aedra continued to sacrifice their divinity to finish the creation of the planet, leaving them weakened and unable to interact directly with the world. The last of these was Lorkhan himself, who is usually said to have died, with his body becoming the physical mass of Nirn. This also explains how Lorkhan's Heart was able to survive on Tamriel for so long, since it was literally part of Nirn itself."

And this:

"According to the book Sithis, Anu isn't a deity of any kind, but is rather a static force without consciousness, personality, intent or will, being immutable static light. Something cannot be created without changing the creator, and Anu is static, and does not change.
    It is Sithis, according to this book, that created all things. Sithis sundered the Eternal Anu to create new ideas. Unfortunately, some of these ideas became manifest and desired to be as eternal as Anu.

This created Aetherius and the Aedra. Sithis then created Lorkhan to destroy these false creations, but rather Lorkhan was killed by Trinimac, who became Malacath. Lorkhan was neither Aedra nor Daedra."
    edited October 2013
    I think I came in too late?, Yes, Lorkhan is an Aedra, Sithis and Padomay are the same god represented in diferent ways, I am sure the hearth of Lorkhan is most likely to be still 'tokin in Nirn, and the mystery of the Dwemer can be found in Balfiera... in the green spot...
    Sintiacutetulo-1-1.png