What are you going to be ingame?

WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
edited September 2014 in In-game Social Organization
Title says it all. Or not. Okay, it doesn't :c
Time for all of you to tell us what will you do in TUG, when already outta alpha!
Tell us where will you rather live, how will you live, what will you do for a living, what kind of weaponry and clothing (armors? robes?) will you use, etc.

I am going to inhabit in the skylands. Going to be a heavy-armored (the one enchanted to be lightest as possible) magician, user of anything blunt or speary, mostly the heavyest of these. I will basically live studying the moas, living near them, and riding one of them c:
If I find a chance, I will offer my help at building something, as long as I am paid, my services as a mason aren't free!
Expect me being seen... somewhere c:

Okie, here you go!

P.D.: if my plans aren't succesful, I will become a moth and sneak in your pockets
I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.

Comments

• Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    You will most likely either find me out wandering the lands looking for a strong foundation to build a City, or I will be travelling from town to town making deals and selling materials. I will also be building houses, maintaining the City and ofcourse.. relaxing in my luxury palace from time to time.
    I will be a heavy armored, 2 handed weapon user, who can also hit a good shot with a bow. Heavy armour and 2 handed weapons are best for pure strength and power, nothing like plowing through an oncoming enemy using a massive hammer or axe.
    However strong and vicious my armour is, I will be a calm player, wars are not going to help grow a City. I am a very territorial player in games (In Minecraft I like to keep people far away from my lands, you aren't having my ores!) so I will mostly likely be constructing the great wall of Plainhold and making peace treaties with other civilisations.
    My player will be strong, smart and a good craftsmen. I want to be able to forge armour, build houses and great walls, but also be able to defend myself.

and they will call me!.. Youngy the Great! (Probably not :P But I can always dream)
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    Youngy798 wrote:
    1: ...nothing like plowing through an oncoming enemy using a massive hammer or axe.
    2: However strong and vicious my armour is, I will be a calm player.
    3: and they will call me!.. Youngy the Great! (Probably not :P But I can always dream)
    1: Oh yeh (with an underrated mace in my case, because MACES ARE SO UNDERRATED! Give them some love!)
    2: Copypaste of my mind! >:c
    3: You may dream, but if your dream of Plainhold works out, it may be a reality, dear king!
    I sexually identify as a set of knight full plate armor. I hope you can accept me the way I am; otherwise, check your armor privileges.
  • FrostTheTacticianFrostTheTactician REGISTERED Posts: 176 Seed
    You'll find me in ancient ruins and libraries attempting to unlock the secrets of cryomancy or in Angkor (the capital of Lemuria) helping govern the Lemurian Empire from my position as a baron on the high council.
    '
    Being a fairly calm and collected person my character doesn't often engage enemies in combat, and when he does, he usually doesn't face them head on, preferring to find alternate solutions with minimal risk of being hurt. Not being particularly physically strong either I'll probably be wearing relatively light armor or robes and use a combat style mostly consisting of magic and archery, my glorious companion "Nymeria the bearram" will maul my enemies into submission while I snipe them with ice-bolts from afar using my trusty crossbow!
    ea15zq.jpg

"Feign inferiority, exploit their arrogance."
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 REGISTERED, Moderator Posts: 171 Seed
    Me, I am going to be the Arch-Emperor of the Xandertopian Empire. I will rule with an iron fist but with compassion and empathy. I believe that the Arch-Emperor should be wise and kind to his people and show respect for his enemy's. You will most likely find me in Xandertopia, the capitol of the Xandertopian Empire. I will be writing important documents and finding ways to make the empire run more smoothly. I will engage my enemy's first not with force, but with reason and if I am forced into personal combat (which I would prefer to use my Xandertopian legion) I will use my deep knowledge of all magic arts and defeat my enemy.
    a1i938.jpg
  • MichaelMichael REGISTERED Posts: 59
    I'll be on the survival surveys, trying to keep my guild running and everyone safe.

I've got my work cut out for me.

My playstyle will be a light Mage of some description.
  • FreemanFreeman REGISTERED Posts: 141
    I reckon I'll be a sellsword of some kind. I'll be lending my blade to the highest bidder or whoever catches my interest, preferably to help less combat-inclined folks scavenge through ruins and caves and the like. If you see me alone on the road, you can count on me being a friendly face, so don't be afraid to say hi.

When I'm not peddling my trade, I'll be hanging out in the local pub, bothering townies and trying to have a good time. If I'm not there, I'm probably playing house in a shack I call home on the outskirts or wandering around getting lost in forests in caves. My sense of direction is comically bad in real life and in games.

I'd really like to use axes as my main weapons but if that's not in the cards I'll use a sword. Maybe dabble a bit in magic here and there. I'll probably use leather armor in the medium or light range, depending on how it's handled.

I'd rather not fight if I'm not being paid to. I don't really have an interest in guild or empire politics so I'll probably be keeping my distance from both types of groups. I'll still lend my blade to an expedition if a guild pays me though.
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    All you pansy weapon users, including the few who will dabble in magic as well, don't understand true power. I am going to focus purely on any magic that I can find, and exploring ruins to find all the pretty stuff. I'm hardly ever going to live in one place more than a few in-game days, so if you find an abandoned hut in the woods, that more than likely means that I am, or have lived there. I may pop in from time to time checking on the progress of my guildies, and maybe terrorize a few people who have angered me. If you see me in the forest, say hi, and I may help you with what you're doing if I have nothing else to do. Oh, and if you do manage to piss me off (I have slight anger management issues), I will terrorize you until you rage quit. No pressure ;)
    5.jpg
    Well to be honest I wouldn't mind murderin' things with my meathooks, but that's not often an explored avenue in videogames. Nothin' more manly than beating a bear to death with your manmitts and then putting said bear's hands on your bare hands

Generally speaking I don't care much for magic though. If I'm gonna kill a man, I'd wanna do it through pure mangrit.
  • JoeJoe REGISTERED Posts: 264 Seed
    A ranger. Adept with a bow, nimble on my feet. Shooting all small and large beasts for furs and profits. Knows the land, knows the traders, loves the trade.
    May dabble in magic, but more interested in learning the lores of the world, using knowledge to gain allies in high places, because knowledge is power. As a ranger, fast movement and the ability to see places otherwise unseen to the untrained enables quick access to runes without alerting the nearby wildlife, whether harmless or with evil intent.
    As an investment, I will be the leader of a mining guild (may put up a topic in forums if anybody is interested?), pouring my money, resources, knowledge and connections into growing the business.
  • VisigothVisigoth REGISTERED Posts: 268
    I'll most likely start out as a nomad, Hunter/Gatherer "working on Bow/Spear hunting as well as tracking and stealth".
    (wile hunting and exploring I'll be looking for a desirable/Ideal location to start a Compound, it might be on a floating island, in a massive mountain, or deep within a jungle/forest)

Once I've found a location I'll set up a "Homestead" trying to make my home as self reliant/sufficient as possible.

Once my home/Compound is established I'll return to exploring and hunting/gathering on expeditions to recover resources that my Compound lacks. I'll Return for a period of time and then go back out. I'll work as both a Hunter/Gatherer and a Homesteader.

I'll take up Farming, Blacksmithing, Bladesmithing/Weaponsmithing, Armoring, Talioring, Leather craft, Woodworking, Cooking...

I'll practice combat efficiency with: Two Handed weapons, Shield with Single Handed weapons, and Archery. my Armor preference will be determined by my goals "what is best changes"

I'll be willing to trade with others as long as I can keep my losses as low as possible.

I love "Creating/PVE" but I also like PvP, just from my experience games do a crap job of merging the two. How would you feel if you spent weeks 'or even months' building and refining something to just the way you like/want it "Like a home" only to have someone come in while your gone and blow it up?
    (Ino you better leave my shit alone >.< lol)

I don't want to play a game that would make me hate people "and if someone did that I WOULD hate them" people that think that kind of thing is funny piss me off D< 'and if I met them in the real world I would kick them in the balls!'
    2mrSQTP.png
    tqJH8d0.png L8gIJPq.png HS9Ak7Z.png bJiq4Rv.png
  • DurlVonRookDurlVonRook REGISTERED Posts: 21
    As Durl Von Rook I shall start as the Arch-Emperor of the Xandertopian Empires Royal advisor. My duties include giving advice, passing minor yet important laws, as well as dealing with the Military and Economical Advisors on a daily basis and giving my thoughts on methods that would be beneficial to the empire.

As a secondary profession Durl Von Rook is an alchemist and plague doctor. He specializes as a field medic and city doctor whom treats wounds, sicknesses, poisons, and other seeds ailments with common cures and medical methods. This process includes experimentation and study into, more often than not, biological and near magical materials including certain minerals, plants and animal parts. Mixing and distilling elixirs in the forms of edible, injectable, absorbable or aerosol based medicines used to help allies.

Durl Von Rook's goals besides serving the Empire and leading it to a glorious age, is to become the worlds greatest medicine man. To help heal the sick and protect them from hideous plagues and diseases that would befall them. In both these goals he leads with ruthless tenacity and a wise sense of tact.
    2129310.jpg
  • Hane_DarskapHane_Darskap REGISTERED Posts: 40
    As Hane Darskap I play a Jungle Lord of TUG. Hane is a Hermit of the tropical rain forests making his home in the trees and vines. Eating raw fruits, meats and vegetables of the forests. Making friends with the animals naming them and making them companions as he goes on hunts for food, enjoying the life of the bountiful land.

His other hobby is actually communing with the spirit wisps and tending to natures vegetation. Acting as both Shaman and Druid of the lands allowing him to tap into the magic of both spirit and nature. For Hane the forest is his domain, his one true friend, his god, and his home. He will defend it with his life and defy any industrialists that would invade the serene lands of which he protects and tends to. Often he never enters civilized areas unless it is to confront an enemy of the forest or out of curiosity of the civilized world.

Hane Darskap has no true goals other than to protect the balance of nature and keep his home safe from harm. Though at times he would leave the safety of his land to venture out into areas of the world for an adventure. His favorite weapons to use against enemies or to hunt are his bow, obsidian axe and most often his fists, feet and head. Often he uses his superior strength, speed, agility, predatory intelligence and killer instinct while using his magical practices such as manipulation of vegetation or spiritual powers to defeat any who pose a threat.
    18.jpg
    2.jpg
    Love to see the post going on! :3
    Visigoth wrote:
    1: I'll take up Farming, Blacksmithing, Bladesmithing/Weaponsmithing, Armoring, Talioring, Leather craft, Woodworking, Cooking...

I'll practice combat efficiency with: Two Handed weapons, Shield with Single Handed weapons, and Archery. my Armor preference will be determined by my goals "what is best changes"

I'll be willing to trade with others as long as I can keep my losses as low as possible.

2: I don't want to play a game that would make me hate people "and if someone did that I WOULD hate them" people that think that kind of thing is funny piss me off D< 'and if I met them in the real world I would kick them in the balls!'
    1: that's a lot of stuff! c:
    2: GOD DARN IT, I KNOW THAT FEEL BRO! I ALSO hate how in minecraft they just consider fun all this "destroying and sending to the bottom the successes of one, in the most violent manner"
  • Marioface5Marioface5 REGISTERED Posts: 57
    Honestly, I don't really know. I tend to like magic stuff a lot, and I like thinking of creative ways to use items, especially for building purposes. In Minecraft when I had a portal gun mod and a wireless redstone mod (or maybe it was red power I used for this, I had a lot of mods for Minecraft), I set things up so that different colored portals would work as doorways activated by pressure plates, allowing me to move around my house as if it were horizontal, but all of the rooms were actually stacked vertically. The result was a tower that you could run straight through, and I was really happy with how it turned out. So maybe I'll try to figure out things like that in TUG and share those ideas with others.

I've noticed that sometimes I enjoy doing really tedious building work in games that allow it, so maybe I'll do that for people sometimes. If there's a way to design clothing that could also be really fun, or doing some other art related thing depending on what's possible. Music stuff could also be a ton of fun, maybe travel around performing songs that I enjoy from other games. There's a lot of things that I could have a lot of fun doing in TUG, so I'm really not sure that I can focus myself on just one thing or even just a few things. Whatever I do, if I'm playing on a server with other people I think I want to help them in some way or another, or otherwise make things more pleasant for everyone.
    Marioface5 wrote:
    Honestly, I don't really know. I tend to like magic stuff a lot, and I like thinking of creative ways to use items, especially for building purposes. In Minecraft when I had a portal gun mod and a wireless redstone mod (or maybe it was red power I used for this, I had a lot of mods for Minecraft), I set things up so that different colored portals would work as doorways activated by pressure plates, allowing me to move around my house as if it were horizontal, but all of the rooms were actually stacked vertically. The result was a tower that you could run straight through, and I was really happy with how it turned out. So maybe I'll try to figure out things like that in TUG and share those ideas with others.
    I loved the Portal gun mods and the plain portal mods where you could have portals going everywhere. I had my own server with quite a few people on it for a while and we used sticks as portal guns and had a heap of fun. :mrgreen:
    That would be cool in TUG, but I'm not so sure it would happen. :P
    Joe wrote:
    Marioface5 wrote:
    I loved the Portal gun mods and the plain portal mods where you could have portals going everywhere. I had my own server with quite a few people on it for a while and we used sticks as portal guns and had a heap of fun. :mrgreen:
    That would be cool in TUG, but I'm not so sure it would happen. :P
    Magically charged crystals we can enchant to cast whatever we want, activated by special devices while these are located at specifical, fixed spots to activate the dimensional portal.
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    A Spy, with Spy magics and Spy combat tricks!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    I imagine my time will be taken up 100% in the founding of the Empire to begin with. But I am looking forward to getting deep into science and magic.
    A Spy, with Spy magics and Spy combat tricks!
    THAT testament is a SPY *spychecks*
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    I would also be a tough ruler, you mess with my City and you are forever living in the Plainhold jail. I will have no sympathy for greifers or people who steal, you break the laws badly, I lock you up. Ofcourse I would keep them alive, but they are staying locked up for a long time. However, there would be 1 way to get out, unpaid work You mine, chop, build etc, I will let you have more freedom.
    I will probably have a few types of jail,

1. A really secure, total lock down prison, once you are in, you are not leaving. This is for people who have committed serious crimes, like trying to kill the Lord of the Empire or trying to burn down a sacred building.

2. A less secure prison, for people who are going be in there for a limited time, basically your basic jail.

3. An open kind of jail, the prisoners will be free to walk around inside the jail at certain times, they will have decent cells etc. These are for the better off people, like lords of the empire and the council. If they have to be sent to jail, they can pay to have better treatment inside.

Killing a person in TUG doesn't punish them enough, they can still just get a new character. Locking them up but keeping them alive stops them from being free.
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • AxtriviumAxtrivium REGISTERED Posts: 49
    In the lawless lands of the survival servers i'm sure people will grief and kill others for no reason and that's when I come in. You show me evidence of the persons wrong doings and hand over some coin / commodities (obviously half now, half when its complete) and I will find them and make sure they're wrong doings are paid for in full.

If I cannot find the person for any reason or in a set amount of days I will refund you're coin / commodities but if I find them after the contract cancellation I will still strike them down and bring you their ear as proof but as I did not originally hold up my first end of the bargain it will only cost half, I think that's fair.

I guess I'm a hermit too, traveling the lands looking for contracts and honing my skills of stalking and tracking my prey. I am also on the lookout for an altar to the god of shadows so I may receive his blessing to be one with the night and also practice a bit of alchemy / apothecary to use the poisons of beasts to paralyze my foes in a waking nightmare as I bring them to their fate. Oh and I will also learn some magics to aid me with these tasks such as silent walking, magic daggers (thrown like kunai) and if possible, the extraction of beast souls to imbue into my weapons to make them stronger / lighter / more durable.

I will of course have a simple shack set up somewhere on the outskirts of towns, possibly all towns with a teleportation device to get around to them (which would also save me from would-be assassins coming after me) where people may visit me and make contracts, whether they be a lone person or a cities high guard who needs someone taken care of quietly - I know this is a risky job and I will make enemies by doing so but I believe in keeping the peace and punishing the evil - You have no reason to fear / attack me if you have done nothing wrong. ;)
    Guys, I like these ideas. I get so inspired reading these forums. :mrgreen:
  • CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    Remind me how this thread is related to in-game organizations?

I smell an off topic thread.
    -Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
    "I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
  • Marioface5Marioface5 REGISTERED Posts: 57
    Remind me how this thread is related to in-game organizations?

I smell an off topic thread.

"Plan and organize your future guild, town, organization, college, cult, society or whatever else you can think of!"

Seems pretty obvious to me how in-game roles would be relevant.
  • CustosAeternamCustosAeternam REGISTERED Posts: 77 Seed
    *snip*

"Plan and organize your future guild, town, organization, college, cult, society or whatever else you can think of!"

Seems pretty obvious to me how in-game roles would be relevant.[/quote]

Except this is a "what are you going to be" thread and not a "hey what are you going to be, are you in a group of any kind?, no?, would you like to join my <group type here>?

I think it should be in the banter/general section :I
    Sure, in-game roles can be relevant, but it does not appear, in any way, that the thread was made to recruit people or plan for a group of any kind; it looks like a "chat thread".
    -Previously known as "Spirit_Guardian"
    "I will guard the seedlings with my life" -Custos Aeternam
    12.jpg
    4.jpg
    The one formerly known as Spirit raises an excellent point. But I think this could easily turn into a "Oh you're going to be that? Why don't you join my group?" thread.

It's up to the mods in the end I guess.
    *snip*

Except this is a "what are you going to be" thread and not a "hey what are you going to be, are you in a group of any kind?, no?, would you like to join my <group type here>?

Sure, in-game roles can be relevant, but it does not appear, in any way, that the thread was made to recruit people or plan for a group of any kind; it looks like a "chat thread".[/quote]
    DON'T challenge my logic! >:c
    *snip*

Sure, in-game roles can be relevant, but it does not appear, in any way, that the thread was made to recruit people or plan for a group of any kind; it looks like a "chat thread".
    [/quote]
    DON'T challenge my logic! >:c
  • mcmanusaurmcmanusaur REGISTERED Posts: 141
    3srgm.png
    mcmanusaur wrote:
    3srgm.png
    Does that picture refer to Minecraft or did you make it for this?