Weird Childhood Things - A Place To Talk About It

CogCog REGISTERED Posts: 110 Seed
edited September 2014 in Off Topic
I recently had this conversation about weird childhood things and how it developed through the times, and I thought about that this forum would be a fun place to talk about such things:

Let me start:
I have never been afraid of the uncommon, like dolls, clowns, Santa Claus, etc.
And that has been with me in a long time; I have always had these "creepy" things in my room that none of my friends I had over liked, and they refused to sleep in my room unless the things were removed. These were things like skulls, (fake) shrunken heads, all kinds of masks, dolls, etc. etc.
And the things have changed as I have been growing up.

I just never understood why they could be creepy, I guess it has something to do with my autism, but I don't know.

Not that I have never been afraid of anything, I have always been afraid of the dark, even today I am afraid of the dark! And I'm 18 years old! But that is because of another reason that could be discussed another time.

So, do you people have anything weird from your childhood? And did it affect you as you were growing up? It would be interesting to hear, and I guess the developers would be interested too, as they ARE social scientists after all!

Have a very nice day!

Comments

• Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    ummm weird childhood stories… lets see if I can find it, oh! heres my list of 12000 weird childhood stories! no, just kidding, but, I have head some pretty weird experiences, while I'm still only 13, so there may be more to come! example: my pillow fort. you thought having your room filled with skulls was weird, try sleeping in the same pillow fort for 2 years (fun fact, I'm still sleeping in it) filling your closet with boxes full of weapons, eating paper almost every day just for fun, and acting like your own house is a parkour course! (literally bouncing off the walls) my life is weird
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.