Retro-Pixel Castles - City-Building Game You Can't Win

CogCog REGISTERED Posts: 110 Seed
edited October 2014 in Other Games
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1385547263/retro-pixel-castles-village-survival-mayhem

Just saw this and I thought "I would play this!"
It's such a cool concept, I would recommend to check it out.

Have a nice day!

Comments

• Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    definitely looks like a fun game! hope it makes it past kickstarter! if it does, I might buy it!
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    A rogue-like village sim game? Well that certainly has my attention, I love those genres.
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Id just like to point out; this is why Kick starter is broken. This developer has already proven he can make the game with the time available to him and his current skill set - what is he going to spend the $5000 on? I doubt he will be quitting his job, or he'd be out of money in a few months. So why? Well, id guess, to start cashing in on his program. Kick starter is NOT the way to start advertising/selling a program, its for funding, and I cant see whats being funded here.

Now my rants over, Id like to point out this is probably the 5th Dwarf Fortress clone ive seen this year alone - And none of them even begin to live up to the still-in-dev original with its 13 years worth of features (Although, granted, its one hell of a learning curve to play)
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    yeh no my brother is a dwarf fortress addict, I never liked it cuz of my attention spam (and I plan to make a game! cuz thats gonna work!) but I do like village sims that are hard and similar to DF! its why this interests me. I hope it lives up to what it says.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • RinRin REGISTERED Posts: 668 Seed
    this reminds me of majesty in open play.
    "OH GOD, THE RATMEN ARE COMING FROM THE SEWERS! AND WE'VE LOST SO MANY HEROES THE VAMPIRES ARE COMING FROM THE GRAVEYARD!"
    ..."welp, we're screwed."
    Warthunder, TUG and world of tanks fan/beta tester.
    member of The Lemurian empire and the Merchants guild
    Soon to be alchemist/apothecary in TUG
    20.jpg