[0.8.4] Steam Power

Comments

• Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    BTW: If anyone wants to do testing we are looking for few testers (2-4 to test the multiplayer as well), no experience required, all you need is a PC capable of running TUG and time to break things, if you are interested drop me a PM here on the forum and I will send you the full details.
    Will I get paid moneys?

I was thinking about colorful mushroom chunks delivered by tiny disappearing mushroom man.

Well but seriously I will definitely be sending out T-Shirts and other mod related props to active testers, also once there will be a dedicated server (linux) I will be hosting a private server for testers and modders to test their mods and record videos.
    Hmm, are they psychedelic shrooms?
    5.jpg
  • johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Developer
    edited December 2015

Well yes, if that a problem? That the only type of mushrooms we have.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  

Sold. When do you need me?
    5.jpg

Sold. When do you need me?

Epic! Well I will send you the test version in few mins (uploading) with brief description on all of the systems.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Epic! Well I will send you the test version in few mins (uploading) with brief description on all of the systems.
    Alright, I can try to knock around with it tomorrow, but school and duty might get in the way.
    5.jpg
    Alright, I can try to knock around with it tomorrow, but school and duty might get in the way.

Cool :)
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    UPDATE! New test release for 0.8.2!
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 511 Seed
    Hey Johny,

Trying to get steampower working for me. have run into some errors so I think I've put things in the wrong places. My mods.txt files is the following:
    Mods
    {
    "Mods/SteamPower"
    "Game/Survival"
    "Game/Creative"
    "Game/Core"
    }
    I got rid of common_libs mod for the time being because I thought I remembered that being said in one of the posts somewhere along the lines.
    Heres the screenshots of the errors:
    And then TUG closes on me. By the looks of it I just need to rename SPPlaceableMaterial.lua to CLPlaceableMaterial as well as the others but not sure of full implications. Lemme check whether or not everything works fine in Creative mode or not.

edit/update:
    nope. creative doesn't like it either. can place objects but not without errors coming up. it also closes TUG when leaving game from the menu.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    Rawr wrote:
    Hey Johny,

Trying to get steampower working for me. have run into some errors so I think I've put things in the wrong places. My mods.txt files is the following:
    Mods
    {
    "Mods/SteamPower"
    "Game/Survival"
    "Game/Creative"
    "Game/Core"
    }
    I got rid of common_libs mod for the time being because I thought I remembered that being said in one of the posts somewhere along the lines.
    Heres the screenshots of the errors:
    And then TUG closes on me. By the looks of it I just need to rename SPPlaceableMaterial.lua to CLPlaceableMaterial as well as the others but not sure of full implications. Lemme check whether or not everything works fine in Creative mode or not.

edit/update:
    nope. creative doesn't like it either. can place objects but not without errors coming up. it also closes TUG when leaving game from the menu.

There is a mods.txt file in the zip file.
    You will need "Mods/SteamPower" above "Game/Core" and "Mods/CommonLib" below "Game/Core".
    Mods
    {
    	"Mods/TestModScript"
    	"Mods/SteamPower"
    	"Game/Survival"
    	"Game/Creative"
    	"Game/Core"
    	"Mods/CommonLib"
    }

Yes, you should get rid of CommonLib_Mods, CommonLib implements all of the functions.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Silly me =P

Alrighty then, time to play! :D
    Rawr wrote:
    Silly me =P

Alrighty then, time to play! :D

:D
    I will be releasing a new test version tomorrow, there is a good bit of icons that where missing and few minor bugs. If you will find any bugs let me know.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • ZakeZake REGISTERED Posts: 216 Seed
    So I downloaded and started it up, and the textures are shuffled up for some reason. Closing and re-opening doesn't fix it. Vanilla TUG is fine. Any thoughts?

EDIT: It's not a texture error. When the mod is loaded, my stacked wood IS a block of leaf. Seems like something is causing a material replacement.

Stacked wood turns green, and cobblestone turns into mountain stone:
    E5E01F6B7757D6B819EB58FEFC6A35D3C4D99EA0

Farmland looks like the blue crystal texture:
    95D47875B4C69802AF399946340A189B550C30B7
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    TUG modder (at least in the ounce of free time that occasionally flits by)
    Zake wrote:
    So I downloaded and started it up, and the textures are shuffled up for some reason. Closing and re-opening doesn't fix it. Vanilla TUG is fine. Any thoughts?

Stacked wood turns green, and cobblestone turns into mountain stone:
    E5E01F6B7757D6B819EB58FEFC6A35D3C4D99EA0

Farmland looks like the blue crystal texture:
    95D47875B4C69802AF399946340A189B550C30B7

Yes, that's actually a problem within TUG, we are adding new materials and those are messing up the id list.
    You will need to start a new world unfortunately.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Let me know if you guys want to do a multiplayer playtest. This last week was hell but it should be better now, so I can pitch in :)
    I think more than I say and say more than I do, but I do more than I used to and plan to continue.
    Zake wrote:
    Let me know if you guys want to do a multiplayer playtest. This last week was hell but it should be better now, so I can pitch in :)

We did one today, we might be doing another one tomorrow.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    New Test Release #2
    We are not hosting today, hopefully tomorrow
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Any major changes? Or just small bugfixes?
    A lot of name changes to make them more user friendly. Also all of the icons changed. And few bug fixes.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • NekochuNekochu REGISTERED Posts: 244 Developer
    Yes, that's actually a problem within TUG, we are adding new materials and those are messing up the id list.

The material list is read from top to bottom so to avoid most problems with new textures being added to the list try to add them at the very bottom. This works in most cases.
    Twitter: @X_Nekochu_X
    Tumblr: xnekochux
    Nekochu wrote:

The material list is read from top to bottom so to avoid most problems with new textures being added to the list try to add them at the very bottom. This works in most cases.

I'm using a separate textures file and materials file. Maybe if I move SteamPower under the Core it would work. The main problem is that new GameObjects will not save in old worlds, you can spawn/create/use them, but when you leave the world and enter it again all of the new GameObjects will be gone.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Think I spotted a bug: LimestoneRock03 gets picked up instead of broken and it doesn't have an inventory texture.
    Really enjoyed today's multiplayer playtest. Thanks Johny and Sigil for a fantastic mod. This is the first time I've really been able to get into it, and I love it. Adds so much content to the base game but integrates rather well. Couple of missing textures in the inventory, and some of the recipes are a little tricky (made three workbench frames trying to make an improved workbench) but overall you guys have done very well and I'd say you've set a high bar for the rest of us. I feel like SteamPower would be fantastic for an automated factory, if only I could mine ores fast enough to need the conveyors and such.
    Zake wrote:
    Really enjoyed today's multiplayer playtest. Thanks Johny and Sigil for a fantastic mod. This is the first time I've really been able to get into it, and I love it. Adds so much content to the base game but integrates rather well. Couple of missing textures in the inventory, and some of the recipes are a little tricky (made three workbench frames trying to make an improved workbench) but overall you guys have done very well and I'd say you've set a high bar for the rest of us. I feel like SteamPower would be fantastic for an automated factory, if only I could mine ores fast enough to need the conveyors and such.

Don't worry we have plans for that too :)
    I'm working on Dra ehm... the bar will go up this weekend as well xD
    But don't treat it as a bar, more like "Oh, I didn't even know that was possible" "My thing must be doable as well!"
    If you get stuck on something or when you don't know if something is possible, or just a question in general you can always contact me.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    (Y)
  • Wilson423Wilson423 REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    I've dug high and low for Iron and still haven't found any.. Where is it hiding? =)

Outstanding mod guys!
    Wilson423 wrote:
    I've dug high and low for Iron and still haven't found any.. Where is it hiding? =)

Outstanding mod guys!

It should drop the same way copper, tin and coal drops.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • Wilson423Wilson423 REGISTERED Posts: 24 Seed
    Hey Johny,

I don't know what I managed to blow up, but here are the list of errors (ending with a crash) I'm getting running Steam Power after 0.8.3. It worked like a champ in 0.8.2 (well, one error with /testscript or something). Top left error comes in about 9% loading the rest hit at 99%.

I have been running CCommands but it is disabled (by using original TugGameMode file)

Any help would be appreciated. =)
    Wilson423 wrote:
    Hey Johny,

I don't know what I managed to blow up, but here are the list of errors (ending with a crash) I'm getting running Steam Power after 0.8.3. It worked like a champ in 0.8.2 (well, one error with /testscript or something). Top left error comes in about 9% loading the rest hit at 99%.

I have been running CCommands but it is disabled (by using original TugGameMode file)

Any help would be appreciated. =)

This error is not related to SteamPower or CommonLib, Statistics and PlayerMetrics were added in 0.8.3 (I'm not even touching those files).
    Looks like some of the files got corrupted when updating, try deleting TUG completely, first from steam then the whole folder and re-installing.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Yay! Sadly, a lot of the recipes conflicted. Especially the Improved Workbench, and most of the casting molds. Now that the Priority stuff is out for crafting recipes, that should be a little bit easier, ;)

Any estimate on how long until this mod is updated? (I really should update my mod too... ugh... I got most everything fixed, I just couldn't figure out the recipes. Any idea why those may have stopped working?)
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg