[0.8.4] Steam Power

johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Developer
edited May 2015 in Custom Objects
Crafting Recipes! (or with search)

Guide how to use all of the new system

Download 2015-05-19
http://tug.ovh/SteamPower/Release/TUG-SteamPower-0.8.4-test-release4.zip
0.8.4 version test release!
Make sure to make a new world if you are just starting or updating from test release #1!

Content:
- Conveyor Belt
- Conveyor Ramp
- Sorter (T Sorter) (right click with item in select mode to add to/remove from the filter list, right click with empty hand to clear)
- Crucible (liquid metal storage)
- Jar Clay
- Rubber Trees
- Elevator
- Large Furnace
and a lot of other things!

The connector system is now merged with the default Ghost Placement Mode (Z) and there is new key bind R to go through (rotate) the possible connections.

And here is the brief description of all of the other crafting systems:

Frames will give you a list of items they need in the debugging box, right click with those items to add them to the construction and then right click with empty hand to complete it once all items are in place.

Huge thanks to Sigil (https://www.youtube.com/user/SigilArts) for the models, textures, ideas and helping out in general, I wouldn't be able to find a better partner for this project!

My YouTube Channel

View on Youtube
My Blog
jc.png
  yt.png  t.png  

Comments

• UnjustCustosUnjustCustos REGISTERED Posts: 39
    Dude, that is B.A.!
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Well... Every other TUG modder just got seriously upstaged... :P
  • ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    O.o rubs eyes* "Is this a dream?"
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Hahaha! Are you kidding!? This doesn't eve come close to comparing with MY magica- *Watches video* Oh gods. And I thought the Cats were amazing. O.o
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • johnycilohoklajohnycilohokla REGISTERED Posts: 283 Developer
    Dude, that is B.A.!
    Validifyed wrote:
    Well... Every other TUG modder just got seriously upstaged... :P
    Haha, I hope more modders will join, we need more!
    Zeklo wrote:
    O.o rubs eyes* "Is this a dream?"
    Wake up! (no, just kidding)
    Teknonick wrote:
    Hahaha! Are you kidding!? This doesn't eve come close to comparing with MY magica- *Watches video* Oh gods. And I thought the Cats were amazing. O.o
    Your mod is cool, we need mods like this too :D I just like to hack things and do the advanced stuff.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    This mod is Fantastic johnycilohokla!

I seriously think that TUG has succeeded in it's goal of making modding the game readily accessible. The scope and breadth of the mods coming out is amazing!

I think we need to find a way to start enticing other modders to start playing around with TUG!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
    edited September 2014
    This mod is Fantastic johnycilohokla!

I seriously think that TUG has succeeded in it's goal of making modding the game readily accessible. The scope and breadth of the mods coming out is amazing!

I think we need to find a way to start enticing other modders to start playing around with TUG!

I still haven't even touched half of the API, there is a good bit there already.

I'm making the Tug Modding Wiki (well I have a good bit of backlog as I was concentrating on learning the API and making the mod) hopefully that will attract more modders to join.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • CogCog REGISTERED Posts: 110 Seed
    I wish that I could show my approval without posting anything <xD

I will just say good job! It's REALLY nice!
  • AzzyAzzy REGISTERED Posts: 182
    thats too awesome :)
  • RumbeardRumbeard REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
    This is Sweet! Any thoughts of going for broke with a steam ship? I mean floating islands and all...what better way to traverse them?!?!
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Rumbeard wrote:
    This is Sweet! Any thoughts of going for broke with a steam ship? I mean floating islands and all...what better way to traverse them?!?!

That would be hard to make at this stage, currently we are working on the basics, machinery, item transport, tools, crafting, GUIs. But we will definitely be looking into more advanced ways of transport later on, maybe even a steam ship and steam boats(once water is added). Well the floating islands is no longer the case, but once the dimensions/realms are implements I'm sure someone (either another modder, me or TUG devs) will make a new world with floating islands. To be honest floating islands is one of my favorite landscapes/world gens.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    I hear ya, it's one of my favorites as well! Until then - I'll leave us with this...

opCPTks.jpg
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Rumbeard wrote:
    I hear ya, it's one of my favorites as well! Until then - I'll leave us with this...

opCPTks.jpg
    That picture is so much win.
    Rumbeard wrote:

opCPTks.jpg
    That picture is so much win.
    Oh, that look epic!
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    Hopefully! I'd love to see floating ships one day. Also, love your banner! I shared it with the guys. ;)
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Me too! I think the steampunk vibe fits a natural progression within the game and would be a great tier for magic and tech advancement (clockwork golem please!).

I could get super immersed with things like shaking copper pipes and moving bellows for things like furnaces and other machines while in use.

I look forward to this mod continuing to grow! keep up the awesome work.

and Pam! thank you - you guys rock. Can't wait for more videos :D
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Rumbeard wrote:
    Me too! I think the steampunk vibe fits a natural progression within the game and would be a great tier for magic and tech advancement (clockwork golem please!).

Has anyone had any luck with animating active objects in game? I could get super immersed with things like shaking copper pipes and moving bellows for things like furnaces and other machines while in use.

I look forward to this mod continuing to grow! keep up the awesome work.

and Pam! thank you - you guys rock. Can't wait for more videos :D

Thanks. We will definitely be continuing with the steam punk theme, we will probably push it forward later on, either as a separate mod (that will be working together with this one) or we will just add it to this one(maybe with configs).

We have few ideas for animating models, we haven't got into testing it yet, for mechanical animation (rotation and movement) I know how to make the scripts, full animation is a different story, while FBX models work with objects, there are problems with it currently.

We are waiting until new update before we progress, it is breaking a lot of compatibility, so we would have to recreate a good few things. For now Sigil is working on models and I'm working on IDE to speed things up.

You can see the most recent video from Sigil here, covering the new stuff:

I will probably be making a video of the mechanical animation soon, I will post it here when I'm done.
    You can see few more of my videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/JohnyCilohokla/videos
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Ok, here is the video.
    It covers Mechanical Animation, movement only but rotation is possible as well.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Keep up the good work guys. Loving the ideas.
    Sweeeet!
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Rumbeard wrote:
    Sweeeet!

Thanks!
    Keep up the good work guys. Loving the ideas.

Thanks, we are currently waiting for the next update before continuing.

Meanwhile Sigil is making models and I'm designing the systems and working on tools to speed up modding, modeling and few other things. We will be getting back into modding straight after the update (or few days before).

So don't worry if you don't see many updates from us before the update is out, we are definitely working on stuff. We made a call to do that because each update (inDev) we would have to fix things up which takes time and since I have other things to work on to speed up modding it would be wasteful.

While I can not guarantee it, we are hoping to have few of the survival aspects of the mod ready approximately 1 week after the update and 2/3 days after that a downloadable alpha version.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    Where are you guys staying up to speed on this information? I'm an artist but do have interest in playing with some mod concepts and it looks like it'll be a fun project for my son and I. I'd love to know a good resource to stay up to pace with changes and upcoming features on tug modding. Thanks mate!
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Rumbeard wrote:
    Where are you guys staying up to speed on this information? I'm an artist but do have interest in playing with some mod concepts and it looks like it'll be a fun project for my son and I. I'd love to know a good resource to stay up to pace with changes and upcoming features on tug modding. Thanks mate!

There are announcements on steam and twitter.
    @NerdKingdom, @TheUntitledGame and most of the devs also have twitter accounts.
    There is also IRC, you can find the thread about it here.
    Sometimes there are news on Reddit and also I talk with the devs.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • CragrimCragrim REGISTERED Posts: 44
    @JohnyCilohokla

I found this post and checked out the videos by you and Sigil.
    I've gotta commend you both on this! Amazing work. :D Looking very professional!

It may not seem like much but especially the connector system is invaluable when using technology based mods.
    It would be great as an API for other modders.

I have a feeling that this mod will become one of those mandatory mods you just gotta have whenever playing Tug in the future! ;)
    Y8KRIoI.png Extra commands with CCommands!
    Completely agree Cragrim!

and thank you Johnny for the links, I've got them bookmarked and will be checking them out regularly!
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
    Cragrim wrote:
    @JohnyCilohokla

I found this post and checked out the videos by you and Sigil.
    I've gotta commend you both on this! Amazing work. :D Looking very professional!

It may not seem like much but especially the connector system is invaluable when using technology based mods.
    It would be great as an API for other modders.

I have a feeling that this mod will become one of those mandatory mods you just gotta have whenever playing Tug in the future! ;)

The Connector System will be part of CommonLib, I'm plan of adding good few of my APIs into it.
    Later on once I have more of the IDE done I will be making it much easier to use the CommonLib, as it will be working with the IDE (both will be separate, so that they are not depended on each other), I'm planning on making the IDE be able to configure the connectors and display a visual representation of how they will work in game.
    Rumbeard wrote:
    Completely agree Cragrim!

and thank you Johnny for the links, I've got them bookmarked and will be checking them out regularly!

No problem :)
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    New update!
    I have ported the mod to inDev 0.7.1
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
    edited February 2015
    Looks like the test release will be here really soon, we are just fixing last few bugs, setting up all of the custom crafting systems(the last one left is the Elevator) and making sure everything syncs.

ETA is hopefully tomorrow, if things go bad then the day after, if my PC will blow up and my internet will be gone then Saturday :roll:

For now I have a crafting recipe list http://tug.ovh/crafting/steampower.html, if you are following me on twitter that's the same link I have already posted.
    (Future proof note: if this link no longer works, try the first post)

BTW: If anyone wants to do testing we are looking for few testers (2-4 to test the multiplayer as well), no experience required, all you need is a PC capable of running TUG and time to break things, if you are interested drop me a PM here on the forum and I will send you the full details.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png  
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    BTW: If anyone wants to do testing we are looking for few testers (2-4 to test the multiplayer as well), no experience required, all you need is a PC capable of running TUG and time to break things, if you are interested drop me a PM here on the forum and I will send you the full details.
    Will I get paid moneys?
    5.jpg
    Will I get paid moneys?

I was thinking about colorful mushroom chunks delivered by tiny disappearing mushroom man.

Well but seriously I will definitely be sending out T-Shirts and other mod related props to active testers, also once there will be a dedicated server (linux) I will be hosting a private server for testers and modders to test their mods and record videos.
    My Blog
    jc.png
      yt.png  t.png