Downloading TUG

HamptonHampton Posts: 6
edited September 2014 in Alpha Forum
I am trying to get this game for my nephew. I bought it, got my Humble URL and clicked the link, then went to the Humble Bundle and clicked on the "button to redeem on Stream" ( i have a Stream account) and the stream won;t download and I am soooooo confused and my nephew is getting impatient! lol. Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong and how I can get this game PLEASE! LOL. I am downloading it on my computer - please tell me that I can get it to his ipad as well. I appreciate any help!

P-

Comments

• ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Do you have the game code for steam? If so, you can go Steam>>"Games">>"Activate a product on steam..."
    If you don't have the codes then you will have to wait for someone more familiar with the humble bundle.
  • cambocambo Posts: 152 Developer
    The humble bundle provides you with a Steam key. Just claim the key to Steam and you should be able to download it.

As an uncle of 4 nephews...I can feel your pain.

54391322.jpg
  • I did claim the Stream Key - but when i am on the page where it says Play Now - it says "TUG is not available on your current platform." but I have claimed it on stream. It asks me for an Product Activation code - but i don't know where to find it???? Thank you for understanding....i have been trying this for 3 days.
  • i don;t think I have a game code for it....how do I get it???? thank you for your help!
    What operating system are you using steam on?
  • I am running MAC OS X version 10.6.8
    Hampton wrote:
    I did claim the Stream Key - but when i am on the page where it says Play Now - it says "TUG is not available on your current platform." but I have claimed it on stream. It asks me for an Product Activation code - but i don't know where to find it???? Thank you for understanding....i have been trying this for 3 days.

So it is in your games library? But you can't play it because it wants another activation code when you try to run it? Explain more precisely please
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
    Hampton wrote:
    I am running MAC OS X version 10.6.8

TUG is only on Windows. :(
  • Ok - so since MacBook Pro and the mini Ipad don't run Windows, I can't get TUG to download and play until they make it accessible to the operating system for Macs -
  • Red AgliatorRed Agliator Posts: 307 Seed
    Hampton wrote:
    I can't get TUG to download and play until they make it accessible to the operating system for Macs -
    Short answer: No, not without doing techie stuff. (And maybe not even then.)

Techie answer:
    The part I know, anyway: running TUG requires two major things:
    1) Windows (Steam tells you which versions)
    2) A video card that supports DirectX 11

For #1: You can run Windows on a MacBook Pro: It requires the Boot Camp software, and a purchased copy of Windows.
    For #2: I don't know whether the any of MacBook Pros have DirectX 11 compatible video cards. (I'm sure that's possible to figure that out, though, with some knowledge and effort.)