The World-Harvesting Challenge

CogCog Posts: 110 Seed
edited September 2014 in Challenges
Sponsored by Plague Cartel!

The rules are simple:
Try to survive as long as you can, WITHOUT replanting anything. That means that you cannot farm crops, trees, mushrooms nor animals - You can only harvest/kill the ones you find in the wild - You may let the wild crops regrow themselves so you can use them as food.

Configurable rules and identification of rules used:
(The letters determine what rules you used)
A: Death by predators don't count.
B: Only deaths by hunger counts.
C: Only deaths by predators counts.
D: All deaths counts.
L-1: You have one life.
L-2: You have two lives.
L-3: You have three lives.
L-+: And so forth.
00:00:00: Time playing before finishing the challenge.
Example:
"22:32:52 - L-1 - D"
Too complicated? Suggestions for configurable rules? Please tell!

Sounds simple? Maybe. But in the long term it's very hard, as you have to either go long ways to get resources or move your settlement frequently to ensure nearby produce.

I hope this challenge is fun for you all, it was definitely for me when I tried it myself! :P
(I got 01:48:36 - L-1 - D btw)

Comments

• What killed you in the end?

Maybe that would be a question people should answer, would make it interesting.
  • ValidifyedValidifyed Posts: 612 Seed
    Maybe it would be easier to make 2 or 3 sets of rules under different difficulties. So you just choose the difficulty.
  • I'm new to challenges. Is that hours:minutes:seconds played? I've been playing for a couple hours now but I forgot to write down what time I started. ;)
  • CogCog Posts: 110 Seed
    freza wrote:
    I'm new to challenges. Is that hours:minutes:seconds played? I've been playing for a couple hours now but I forgot to write down what time I started. ;)
    Yup, those are hours:minutes:seconds, you don't have to be 100% exact but it would be good to try to.
    Validifyed wrote:
    Maybe it would be easier to make 2 or 3 sets of rules under different difficulties. So you just choose the difficulty.
    That is actually a pretty good idea, I'll think about a good system! Thank you for the suggestion!
    What killed you in the end?

Maybe that would be a question people should answer, would make it interesting.
    I think that should be optional, but thank you for the suggestion!