(Mod) Crystal Tools

2»

Comments

  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Thanks man, glad you like them! The pickaxe is my favorite... it somehow blended better than the others.

    And model-guy, awesome! I can't wait to work with you. My ideas are pretty simple, so I hopefully shouldn't make things TOO hard on you. xD I'm probably going to be a little busy today, so I'll contact you again later when I have time to share my ideas.
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Alright, I'm here now. BTW, does anyone happen to know as to why I'm not allowed to compose messages? O.o
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • ValidifyedValidifyed REGISTERED Posts: 612 Seed
    Teknonick wrote:
    Alright, I'm here now. BTW, does anyone happen to know as to why I'm not allowed to compose messages? O.o

    Have you verified your email?
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Validifyed wrote:
    Teknonick wrote:
    Alright, I'm here now. BTW, does anyone happen to know as to why I'm not allowed to compose messages? O.o

    Have you verified your email?
    Verified my who-what now? Um... how do I check? I can't find any mail in my mail account.

    EDIT: Okay, well, I found this... is this correct?

    "Welcome Teknonick and thank you registering at Nerdkingdom.com!

    You'll now be able to log into your new account at Login!.

    If you are an Alpha backer and you have completed your account creation/registration, you will be able to enter your code on your account page, to verify your Alpha access. If you have purchased a tier which included extra copies, you'll be able to find these there and share them with your friends. Once the Alpha phase starts you will be able to download the alpha launcher from your account page as well!

    -The Nerd Kingdom team."
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the offer C1NDERKAT again! If you're ready to make a few models, here's my ideas.

    A few things I'd like, would probably be a 'sap' type object, for binding. Maybe flat-ish, but with a little bit of roundness. As for a handle, maybe quiet literally a wooden shaft cut in half, and attached side-by-side (But maybe a tad longer than just half each). And perhaps 'smoother' (Relatively. Still looking caveman-ish) rock-heads for the tools. Like jagged, small spire, and round. And finally, a model that combines them all together for each tool (Pick, Hammer, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, Spear, Sword (Oh, and might need a sword one too. How about something similar to the current one... but with a jagged blade? IDK, be creative!))

    If you can do that, that would be awesome! I basically want things to match current TUG, so that way they fit in.

    Oh, and possibly a rough "Gem" model for a surprise I'm working on (Unless I accidentally mentioned it in the 'to-do list'.)

    Again, thanks sooo much!


    And that one guy who sent me a message about the modifications he made, awesome work! I've now changed it so all the rocks glow by default now... just not as much. I thought it would make sense if they glow since the crystals glow naturally.

    I also plan on adding particles to the torch to make it not so awkward. lol
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • C1NDERKATC1NDERKAT REGISTERED Posts: 15
    Teknonick wrote:
    Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the offer C1NDERKAT again! If you're ready to make a few models, here's my ideas.

    A few things I'd like, would probably be a 'sap' type object, for binding. Maybe flat-ish, but with a little bit of roundness. As for a handle, maybe quiet literally a wooden shaft cut in half, and attached side-by-side (But maybe a tad longer than just half each). And perhaps 'smoother' (Relatively. Still looking caveman-ish) rock-heads for the tools. Like jagged, small spire, and round. And finally, a model that combines them all together for each tool (Pick, Hammer, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, Spear, Sword (Oh, and might need a sword one too. How about something similar to the current one... but with a jagged blade? IDK, be creative!))

    If you can do that, that would be awesome! I basically want things to match current TUG, so that way they fit in.

    Oh, and possibly a rough "Gem" model for a surprise I'm working on (Unless I accidentally mentioned it in the 'to-do list'.)
    Hi so i do not quite understand so

    models you would like
    binder(flat gooey thing)
    handle ( not quite sure what you mean but will knock up some attempts)
    tool heads (crystal like ) ? mix of stone an crystal?
    weapon heads (crystal like)
    and
    usable weapons (crystal like)
    usable tools (crystal like)
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    C1NDERKAT wrote:
    Teknonick wrote:
    Anyway, I wanted to say thanks for the offer C1NDERKAT again! If you're ready to make a few models, here's my ideas.

    A few things I'd like, would probably be a 'sap' type object, for binding. Maybe flat-ish, but with a little bit of roundness. As for a handle, maybe quiet literally a wooden shaft cut in half, and attached side-by-side (But maybe a tad longer than just half each). And perhaps 'smoother' (Relatively. Still looking caveman-ish) rock-heads for the tools. Like jagged, small spire, and round. And finally, a model that combines them all together for each tool (Pick, Hammer, Axe, Shovel, Hoe, Spear, Sword (Oh, and might need a sword one too. How about something similar to the current one... but with a jagged blade? IDK, be creative!))

    If you can do that, that would be awesome! I basically want things to match current TUG, so that way they fit in.

    Oh, and possibly a rough "Gem" model for a surprise I'm working on (Unless I accidentally mentioned it in the 'to-do list'.)
    Hi so i do not quite understand so

    models you would like
    binder(flat gooey thing)
    handle ( not quite sure what you mean but will knock up some attempts)
    tool heads (crystal like ) ? mix of stone an crystal?
    weapon heads (crystal like)
    and
    usable weapons (crystal like)
    usable tools (crystal like)
    Yep! That's exactly right. The only thing missing is an extra misc-model that's a sort of gem shaped. Something that could fit easily onto the handle of the tools. But if you can't figure out how to do that, then that's fine.

    As for the handle, I meant if you took the long wooden shaft and brought it into real life, you would cut it in half and have two pieces. Then those two might be put together so the tool heads can be bound between the tips of the two shafts. If you don't understand this, I'm pretty sure your'll come up with a better handle model. That's just the idea I came up with because I kind of wanted to have everything made out of the natural materials already in the world. But if you can think of something better, I'm all up for it!
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • RumbeardRumbeard REGISTERED Posts: 30 Seed
    Hey Teknonick,

    Here's an idea for the tool reskins until the models are done - let me know what you think. If you like the idea, or have suggestions, let me know and I can do the temp retextures while the models are being created.

    8729qJS.png
    8XNeipD.png
    tu4FQ4W.png
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    Rumbeard wrote:
    Hey Teknonick,

    Here's an idea for the tool reskins until the models are done - let me know what you think. If you like the idea, or have suggestions, let me know and I can do the temp retextures while the models are being created.

    8729qJS.png
    Oh, hey Rum! As you probably know, I haven't worked on this mod in a long time. But thanks for the texture! I like it very much! It looks better than mine, which was a simple copy-trim-pasteover, which wasn't a very good job. I did notice your textures are for the Tier2 axe-type, however... so I'll have to think about what I should do with that. I'll probably just change the model and apply the texture since they look nicer... and I don't really think these Crystal Tools should be so easy to obtain. Especially since you can get Crystal Shards with Bronze Tools. Crystal Tools are moving up as the first T3 tools!
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
2»
Sign In or Register to comment.