(Mod) Crystal Tools

TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
edited January 2015 in Custom Objects
Hello everybody! I've been working on this for a little while, but haven't been able to give it a full proper test... considering I haven't found any crystals in Survival yet to create the tools. But, I think it works well enough to send out to the public to let them demolish it and help me finish it!

--Pictures
A list of all the tools!
SZqstrt.jpg
nrNhbfm.jpg
LV1jPI1.jpg
rcPvCYv.jpg
qBtvn4p.jpg
This is the setup you should have to create the first crystal pieces.
U0SbA3g.jpg
uoIzwBB.jpg
If you combine a stick, a vine, and any one of these (Minus the pebbles) your'll create a tool! For the torch, it's Branch, Vines, Pebbles (Why... why vines? I have no flipping idea)
BuJMkMl.jpg
These three create the spear, shovel, and hoe!
64rSd2h.jpg

--Known Bugs
-Sometimes some of the Crystal Shards are different colors... no idea why.
-Crystal Tools can only be crafted with Amethyst Shards.
-Not all textures are complete, including damaged versions of the tools (Which use an older texture I was using) and other variants of the Crystal Tools. (Actually, I think I've fixed some of the textures... ignore the secret ones!)

--Uses
-Crystal tools last longer than bronze tools.
-Crystal tools destroy their respective resources faster than bronze tools.
-Having different variants of tools?
-Decorating your house?

--How to install
-Find your directory where you keep TUG (Mine is kept here: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonTUG)
-Unzip the the downloaded ZIP into the GameCrystal Tools
-Go to Config
-Open "mods.txt" (Or simply just "mods)
-Copy Paste EXACTLY:
"Game/Crystal Tools"
below any other mods you might have installed or "Game/Core"
-Enjoy!
--Incompatible with any mods that modify crafting recipes, or changes Crystals in any way (Probably)

--How to use
-First, find an Amethyst Cluster
-Second, place a Crude Hammer and a Small Rock Spire next to it
-Third, press G to craft 1 Crystal Jagged Rock, Round Rock, Spire Rock, Pebbles, and Sword Piece.
-Fourth, Combine these new rocks with sticks and vines to create new tools! (Pick, Axe, Hammer, Knife, Shovel, Hoe, Sword, Spear, Large Torch)
(Keep in mind I plan on fixing this.... I found out it is impossible to break Amethyst Clusters, and for some reason Amethyst Shards have been removed. Until then, these are temporary recipes until they're fixed sometime in the future. Until then, enjoy skipping finding rocks to combine with the Amethyst Shards!)

--To Do
-Improve textures (Can anyone help me with that? That would be awesome!)
-Make custom models (Would LOVE some help!)
-After custom models are made, create tier1/tier2 variants of Crystal Tools.
-Add gems to attach to any type of tool!
-[strike]Make other tools, including weapons[/strike] Finished!
-[strike]Make recipes for new tools[/strike] Also finished!
-[strike]Make more crystal weapons[/strike] Finished! Added Sword!!!
-Write other things down on 'To Do' list

--Download!
Version 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w3ipxfy4l96j ... d.zip?dl=0
Version 2: https://www.dropbox.com/s/agbi3g64cdlex ... 2.zip?dl=0
Patch 2.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/n98357jjlqy7k ... 1.zip?dl=0
Version 2.1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffb411m0429fn ... 1.zip?dl=0

(Patch 2.1 is an addition to Version 1. It makes it so all the tools and weapons glow lightly, similar to the large glow Crystal Torches give off. If you haven't downloaded Version 2 yet, just go straight for Version 2.1!)

I'd also like to mention I need help with texturing, if anyone wants to volunteer. I'd also like to learn how to make models... but I'm not sure how to do that, and I also don't want to have to pay for a program. If not, I'd need someone else to help create models.

Anyway, enjoy, report bugs, and let me know if you want to help!

I am now attempting to link to a dropbox with the mod in it. PLEASE work!
The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
21.jpg
20.jpg

Comments

• glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    edited August 2014
    OK This looks awesome will defiantly check it out =D

EDIT: usually when a file or picture dose not process there will be red txt at the top of the response window right under the Blue Top Bar explaining why. it was probably just to large of a file.

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • TeknonickTeknonick REGISTERED Posts: 166 Seed
    glitch2210 wrote:
    Thanks! Though, I do have a problem... the file won't upload! D:!

Edit: Is 15.5 MB too big? :O
    The mix between the Adventurer and the Trapper yields the Tracker. Living in humble homes to help those in need. Always looking for the right coin, yet never theft is in their eyes.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Teknonick wrote:
    glitch2210 wrote:

it might be, try uploading it again and see if you get a red error thing at the top. it will tell you the max size

glitch2210 wrote:
    Teknonick wrote:
    glitch2210 wrote:

it might be, try uploading it again and see if you get a red error thing at the top. it will tell you the max size

Right, thanks. Problem is... I've been reuploading it probably 10 times now, and I've received no error. To upload a file, all I have to do is click "Choose File" then click "Add the file", correct?
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    wait once you do that if it goes through you need to click into the body of the txt where you want it to be and hi the place in line with txt button next to the file name.

Alright, I'll try that.

EDIT: Problem! Alright. Once I click the "Add the file" button, another 'webpage' pops up that's mini, saying it's being uploaded. Also, on the bottom left of the webpage where I click "Add the file" it says "Uploading x%" where x is the current percentage. It goes up and up, until it hit's 100%, then the page refreshes. Once the page is refreshed, is says the page is still loading for a few minutes... even though everything looks normal. Once it's finally said it's 'done loading', nothing happens. No message, no error, no nothing. It's as if I had never clicked the "Add the file" button, except for the fact it says it's loading the page longer than it really is.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    Our current upload limit is roughly 7MB so you might have to use dropbox or any other file upload host. Yes yes....I know it's a bit too small!
    Oh. Well, thank you Cambo! I'll just upload it in two separate parts.

Edit: Okay, well, I finally got an error to pop up... and it says the size limit is 2 MB!!! WHAT!? O.o
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • nocarenocare REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 92 Seed
    Yeah I'd recommend just using dropbox or mediafire. Will definitely want to check this out :D
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    I could be wrong about the file size limit : :roll:
  • Youngy798Youngy798 REGISTERED Posts: 905 Seed
    Post some pictures of the tools :D
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
    I'm so sorry everyone... I never managed to upload them correctly, but I want to continue the mod and update it for this new version. I've noticed the code looks a lot different (But for the better! Before it was a little confusing...) so that should help me fix up the tools. Not to mention, now I'll be able to make regular tools weak, and my new tools stronger!

But, right now I'm having a little bit of a problem. While I wait for my answer I'll be working on fixing my tools. But the question is... what is this new "Mods" thing? I heard about how you can create a folder for your mod. I've also noticed the location of crafting recipes has moved, as well as the name. So I'm guessing that means you can create your own recipes in your own mods folder... YAY compatibility!

Another question: Does anyone happen to know if you get crystal shards from breaking spires and the such? That would be very helpful to know in case I have to change that. :3

EDIT: Never mind on that second question. Crystal Clusters drop Shards! But Crystal Spires don't. So keep an eye out on which one you're mining to avoid a little bit of confusion. ;)

Oh, and I'm also wondering (Still) if anyone wants to help make some custom models for me. Currently the tools are almost exactly the same, except for the textures, crafting recipes, and strengths. So some models would help a little bit. :3 Thanks in advance! (BTW, if you want to volunteer, I have a few ideas already. I'm going to upload the pictures of them eventually.)
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • nocarenocare REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 92 Seed
    If you go into config.txt, you will find the file mods.txt.
    That is where you put the path for your own mods folder, and it's directory structure should be similar to Core's.

Your path needs to be at the top of the list, at least above core. For crafting, use the same directory structure and file format that exists for... I think its base_crafting? Any file name for your crafting file will do.
    The new changes added to the crafting related code are indeed pretty awesome.
    Woohoo! I just uploaded the mod finally! I also updated it to work with the new version, though new bugs have probably popped up that I overlooked. Please feel free to test at your own peril!

(I updated the OP with new instructions.)
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • UnjustCustosUnjustCustos REGISTERED Posts: 39
    Thanks for the update. So far the only bug I see to it so far is that the Crystal Knife has no image for it. I see the durability bar, but that is it.
    Thanks for the update. So far the only bug I see to it so far is that the Crystal Knife has no image for it. I see the durability bar, but that is it.
    Ahh, thanks! I forgot to make that image. Oh well. I'll get on it!
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Alright! You may have also noticed the location of the "Crystal Rocks". I couldn't put them where their regular equivalents are... does anyone know as to why? If I place them under PlaceableObjectsHarvestables then the game get's a whole weird placement error... saying something about PlaceableMATERIALS. Weird.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Sorry, can't help you there. But I do want to say thank you because now with your mod along with some copy and paste I finally have something I've been wanting for awhile.

I went ahead and used your crystal tool bits as a base and now have crystals that act like torches in my house for light. Never did like torches in my wood house. It's just not safe, heh. Now I would just like to have them put off a similar color light as the crystal.
    Sorry, can't help you there. But I do want to say thank you because now with your mod along with some copy and paste I finally have something I've been wanting for awhile.

I went ahead and used your crystal tool bits as a base and now have crystals that act like torches in my house for light. Never did like torches in my wood house. It's just not safe, heh. Now I would just like to have them put off a similar color light as the crystal.
    Haha! Yeah. My things are all copy-pastes and edits from the regular tools. I like your torch idea... I'd love to see it, and possibly put it in the mod even! I might even figure out that glow thing. I originally had the tools glow, but it was causing a few errors because I did it wrong.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    The small changes to make a crystal rock able to be placed and glowy.
    {

PlaceableObject
    {
    Crystal Round Rock
    {
    Transform
    {
    }

Script
    {
    file = "Scripts/Objects/Equipable.lua"
    class = "Equipable"
    arguments
    {
    offset = <-0.074, 0.159, 0.136>
    rotOffset = <38.584, -2.316, -18.013>
    incorrectTierCap = 1
    Affects
    {
    "Rock" = 2
    }
    }
    }

StaticGraphics
    {
    model = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Harvestables/RockRound.obj"
    dontCastShadows = 1.0
    Diffuse
    {
    0 = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Harvestables/rockRoundCrystal_diff.tga"
    }
    }

RigidBody
    {
    activePhysics = 1
    mass = 2.0
    friction = 25.0
    }

Light
    {
    lightRadius = 20.0
    lightOffset = <2.0, 0.0, 0.0>
    lightColor = <0.4, 0.33, 0.2>
    }

Equipable
    {
    name = "Crystal Round Rock"
    craftingArchetype = "Crude Rock Head"
    icon = "UI/MenuIcons/RockRoundCrystal.tga"
    minScale = 1.0
    maxScale = 1.0
    placementSound = "StonePlace"
    removalSound = "StoneDig"
    miningEmitter = "Strike Rock Grey Emitter"
    category = "Rock"
    tier = 1
    resource = 1
    placeWithNoPhysics = 1
    damageToCharacters = 6.5
    damageToObjects = 6.5
    creakingSound = "ItemCreak"
    breakSound = "ItemBreak"
    impactFailSound = "WoodDig"
    durability = 45.0
    durabilityCreakingPoint = 30
    maxStackCount = 1

Equipment Slots
    {
    Tool
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    Up next is the color thing and making it a separate item from the real tool bit. Current plan is to make it something than I can transmute on the ancient tables with, possibly, the real tool bit, lots of energy, and maybe a mushroom (since they are so plentiful now).
    Alright, cool! Thanks for the bit on the light and placing. I'll take a look into that, and also a bit on the colors. I'll also update my version 2 soon, as it adds in the recipes and artwork for the rest of the tools! (And the fix for the knife!)
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Oh, what happened to that color link? O.o
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
    Alright, I've got a basic Crystal Torch goin! It gives off light, has no flame, and glows purple! :3
    GameObjects
    {

Equipable
    {

Crystal Large Torch
    {
    Transform
    {
    }

Script
    {
    file = "Scripts/Objects/Torch.lua"
    class = "Torch"
    arguments
    {
    category = "Torch"
    incorrectTierCap = 0
    }
    }

StaticGraphics
    {
    model = "Character/Tools/0torchLargeNew.obj"
    dontCastShadows = 1.0

Diffuse
    {
    0 = "Character/Tools/0torchLgLightwood_diff.tga"
    1 = "Character/Tools/0torchLgLightwood_diff.tga"
    }

Normal
    {
    0 = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Harvestables/woodBranch_norm.tga"
    1 = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Harvestables/woodBranch_norm.tga"
    }

Glow
    {
    0 = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Rocks/crystal_glow.tga"
    1 = "Models/PlaceableObjects/Rocks/crystal_glow.tga"
    }
    }

RigidBody
    {
    activePhysics = 1
    mass = 5.0
    friction = 5.0
    }

Light
    {
    lightRadius = 25.0
    lightOffset = <2.0, 0.0, 0.0>
    lightColor = <0.2, 0.0, 0.2>
    }

Children
    {
    Glint Emitter
    {
    offset = <0.0, 1.0, 0.0>
    }
    }

Equipable
    {
    name = "Crystal Large Torch"
    icon = "UI/MenuIcons/0torchLarge_L.tga"
    miningEmitter = "Strike Amethyst Emitter"
    gridSizeX = 2
    gridSizeY = 2
    vfSizeX = 4
    vfSizeY = 4
    vfSizeZ = 4
    placementSound = "TorchPlace"
    removalSound = "TorchRemove"
    orientsToSurface = 1
    damageToCharacters = 12
    damageToObjects = 7
    creakingSound = "ItemCreak"
    breakSound = "ItemBreak"
    impactFailSound = "WoodDig"
    durability = 60.0
    durabilityLossOnCorrect = 10
    durabilityLossOnIncorrect = 20
    durabilityCreakingPoint = 8
    maxStackCount = 1
    survivalRotOffset = [0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 90.0]
    survivalPosOffset = <0.0, 0.0, 0.0>
    category = "Torch"
    tier = 2
    resource = 1
    placeWithNoPhysics = 1

Equipment Slots
    {
    Tool
    }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    I really want to see pictures, can you post some in a spoiler tag (so it doesn't stretch the page)?
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    A completely closed off room using four amethyst pick heads and one amethyst axe head for light.
    3Iha90S.jpg
    Hahaha! OMG Unjust, that's good!

And sure Pamcakes! Let me log in and take a few shots of my work area... uhh, just after I make sure I won't destroy it with the latest build. lol
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • PamcakesPamcakes REGISTERED Posts: 738
    That's awesome, Unjust.

Cool, can't wait to see Teknonick :D
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    Updated the OP with a new version, and some pictures! I now realize the pictures are HUUUUGE, so be warned!

EDIT: Another NEW version! It's version 2.1, making it so all tools/rocks/weapons glow lightly, similar to how the Crystal Tool glow largely! There's also a Patch version in case you already downloaded version 2. Just override the "/data/" in the Patch version with the regular version 2. If you're confused, and can't figure out how to patch it, delete the Mod, and simply download and install Version 2.1.
    21.jpg
    20.jpg
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    These are looking Pretty Good!
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • C1NDERKATC1NDERKAT REGISTERED Posts: 15
    Hi I am learning how to make models for TUG would be keen to assist, so I can get some practice till I can make my ideas.

let me know would love to help :D