Subtle evidence of lore and history

Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
edited August 2014 in Lore & Theories
It occurs to me that traces of lore and history of the TUG world don't all have to be as clear and obvious as runes on tablets. (Don't get me wrong: runes on tablets are really, really neat.)

Archaeology has lots of examples of subtle evidence of past people. One of my favorites is the way that the shapes of old farm fields can survive, even with new fields plowed over the top. (The outlines of building foundations, pits, roads, and other things can stay visible this way, too.)
View_of_hillside_with_medieval_fields_system_-_geograph.org.uk_-_311358.jpg
(Some really stunning pictures at http://www.historic-cornwall.org.uk/flyingpast/decoding.html)

Another of my favorites: using ancient garbage dumps to learn how people lived. Large clusters of fish bones, for example, show what people were eating. Even rock chips can be used to deduce that people were making simple tools there a long time ago.

I like the idea that it might take a while (and some sharp-eyed people) to discover some of TUG's lore.

Comments

• ZekloZeklo REGISTERED Posts: 344 Seed
    Very true, subtle is nice. Then only the observant will catch em. I like it!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • The-ancient-WarriorThe-ancient-Warrior REGISTERED Posts: 45
    Zeklo wrote:
    Very true, subtle is nice. Then only the observant will catch em. I like it!

I agree and I hope this shall be added in game.
    15.jpg
  • glitch2210glitch2210 REGISTERED Posts: 311
    That's a great idea. i love runes obviously but adding in subtler clues would add another layer to it.

and who doesn't like diversity? =p plus the picture of the old fields being visible on hills is awesome xD

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png