Can´t launch the game

Parker98Parker98 REGISTERED Posts: 4
edited November 2014 in Support
Hey guys,

In my opinion is TUG a very nice game and I would play it, but there is a problem. I buy it on steam and download it. But when I would play the game I click on "Play" and I see in the right corner of the screen, that it try to start but it starts not and then Iam again Online in steam. There is not screen of the game, it don´t launch. I redownload it and it´s still the same. I look up in the forums and other people has the same problem. I have DirectX 11, thats not the problem. I try to play it in the steam file, but there comes an error that I can play it only in steam. Here are my system specs:

System(Laptop):
64-Bit-System
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7470M, 1GB VRAM
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 2450M CPU @ 2,50 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
DirectX-Version: DirectX 11
Windows 7 Home Pemium 64-Bit-Version (6.1, Build 7601)
Service Pack 1

Thanks for the help :)!

Parker98

Comments

• Red AgliatorRed Agliator REGISTERED Posts: 307 Seed
    I don't know whether this applies to you, but apparently, some video cards can't handle DirectX 11 even if it's installed on your system.

I poked around a bit, but I couldn't easily confirm whether your AMD Radeon HD 7470M is or is not DirectX 11 compatible. Maybe someone who's less of a GPU noob can look that up?
  • cambocambo REGISTERED Posts: 152 Developer
    My first suggestion is to make sure your ATI drivers are updated to the latest. It looks like you are running this from a laptop correct? If so, make sure you go into the ATI settings and make sure TUG is actually using your graphic card and not the integrated one. This is very common with laptops as the have switchable graphics.
  • Auti0Auti0 REGISTERED Posts: 277
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... &l=english

Try following the instructions on this page. It has helped a few people with the same issue as you. Remember to restart your computer after wards as it is a really important step.
  • Parker98Parker98 REGISTERED Posts: 4
    Thanks for all the answers and it´s very cool, that the developer try to helps me. Sry, but nothing of this things helps. I would play TUG, but I can´t. I hope you will fix it in an update in the feature and I wait for it! But thank you very much and sry for the late answer!

Parker98 :(
  • Parker98Parker98 REGISTERED Posts: 4
    Hey guys,

I have to say thank you again, because today I try it again and I repair the game cache again and I start the game and it works! I forgot to repair the cache again ;)! Thank you and I enjoy the game now :)!

Parker98 :D
  • sofiajoesofiajoe REGISTERED Posts: 1
    I have launched the game absolutely fine however whenever I try to actually play on single player and load a map it gets to 100% and stays there the sound launches as if I'm in game but i cant see or do anything apart from the loading bar
    Join online Duke University and 100-101 free dump to pass ICDL exam in first try.
  • TyrAlexanderTyrAlexander REGISTERED Posts: 4 Podling
    I am having the same problem as the Original Poster.

I am having the same problem as the Original Poster.

Can you list your computer's spec?
    I am having a brainfart :( How do I find it for windows 7
    Hit your start button, type "dxdiag" without the quotes. Hit save all information, open the txt file, then paste it in here. I'll take a look
    Oh yeah
  • chemarfchemarf REGISTERED Posts: 1 Podling
    edited May 2015
    I'have the same problem. At lauch "TUG.exe has stopped to working" with this message in "Event viewer" :
    Nom de l’application défaillante TUG.exe, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x55245bfe
    Nom du module défaillant : Engine.dll, version : 0.0.0.0, horodatage : 0x55245bfb
    Code d’exception : 0xc0000005
    Décalage d’erreur : 0x000000000015ef42
    ID du processus défaillant : 0x1ab8
    Heure de début de l’application défaillante : 0x01d0956d9fb33207
    Chemin d’accès de l’application défaillante : C:\ProgramData\Nerd Kingdom\TUG\TUG.exe
    Chemin d’accès du module défaillant: C:\ProgramData\Nerd Kingdom\TUG\Engine.dll
    ID de rapport : ddfe1cfe-0160-11e5-82f7-d43d7ef2a8ec
    Nom complet du package défaillant :
    ID de l’application relative au package défaillant :
    Sorry is in french :)

Sorry my error is because my GPU (HD4870) don't run DX11.
    edited May 2015
    Sorry for the late response as I was out sick for the weekend (whew). I took a look at your dxdiag and the issue is that your graphic card does not support DX11. You can check by looking at the DDI version. We are looking into bringing the engine to openGL and that requirement will be gone. However, we don't have a set date on it due to the amount of work required.
    >_<
    but I wanna to play...