What happened to the community here?

warownslifewarownslife Posts: 3 Podling
edited February 2015 in Off Topic
I don't know where you all went but I remember a time where i put in money and there were lots of people to talk to haha. Don't know if A. anyone remembers me or B. anyone has seen my username floating around (I hope so, I gave it someone after all until I could play.) So, whats been going on? anything new and awesome? and where is everyone? haha.

Comments

• TestamentofTestamentof Posts: 1,234 Seed
    I think I remember?

Unfortunately the old forums started to grow quiet when they moved to the new forums, so a lot of the active posters back in the beginning who started to "hibernate" didn't make the jump when we moved.

Since then it's moved into a series of spikes in interest and similar which usually happen around updates.
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • AzzyAzzy Posts: 182
    *lurks*
  • SigilSigil Posts: 678 Developer
    Most of us lurk the devs on twitter and play backseat driver. I do visit the forums now and then but most of what's happening these days is whats new with the devs.
  • PamcakesPamcakes Posts: 738 Seed
    I love lurking but I'm still active in terms of trying to answer questions (if I know I can). I keep hoping a lot of old KS'ers will show back up, though.
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
  • Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
    Even though lots of people own the game, not many bother to come on the forum, its easier when there is less people on the forums anyways :D
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • spacedotspacedot Posts: 416 Seed
    People just aren't as active as they were. Some people still are like the ones posting here but we kinda ran out of stuff to talk about. The game creation is happening but new stuff isn't being announced or it is and everyone knows. Outside of that nothing much happens on the forum. People don't use offtopic much at all. Most forum traffic is to suggestions or ingame social groups.
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    Yeah pretty much I think a lot of us are waiting for some really great news about the games world itself.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • Hmmmm your name sounds oddly familiar
    Ps I was known as walletgod in the forums or was it josiah not sure but i do know i was in the old forums
    15.jpg
  • glitch2210glitch2210 Posts: 311
    I guess i could be considered one of the really old members who went into hibernation mode =p i used to be super active, but then i got hit by graduation and had to deal with being an adult for a little while. but now i lvled up and can make my way back over here!

I missed all you guys and im with pamcakes, i hope more old members start drifting back now that the game is starting to come together =p

also i never shut up lol so even if i'm talking to myself ill prolly still be posting in the forums xD

tumblr_nagb0tpdL61tji1iso1_500.png
  • jon14ukjon14uk Posts: 782 Seed
    Yeah we have been a little more active in the forums of late check out active topics thats what I usually do.
    t63NQg6.jpg?1?9101
    4.jpg
    The Military General for xandertopia :D .
    Overseers
    keepers of Balance
    the Fist of Glory
    Ars Arcanus
    Purus Aeternam
    Naturam Universitatis
  • mmaalex22112mmaalex22112 Posts: 171 Seed
    I was only a lurker on the old forums and now when we moved over I decided to join in.
    a1i938.jpg
  • Re EvolutionRe Evolution Posts: 1,105 Seed
    I like to think that I was always here.
    5.jpg
    I have become a lot more active since.. well yesterday + today since the new server came out. It got excited about TUG again.

At the moment I am just kind of waiting around for the new art style
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • warownslifewarownslife Posts: 3 Podling
    Youngy798 said:

I have become a lot more active since.. well yesterday + today since the new server came out. It got excited about TUG again.

At the moment I am just kind of waiting around for the new art style

you have no idea what you've done. 2014, 15 months ago, i posted this and forgot about this and before that i paid for this and didn't have the computer for it. At the time, it was a waste of money.

5 minutes ago I just activated my Tug steam early access key. 20 minutes from now will be the first time I have ever played TUG and just today you bumped my thread.

Astounding. Speaking of, funny thing, seems like a lack of activity is still around haha. Hope theirs a tutorial in game or oh boy will this be tough.
    There is a dedicated server now so we might actually see more people playing.

Good luck learning the game, the wiki has a ton of stuff on it

Bye!