TheUntitledMods

Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
edited August 2014 in Screenies & Vids & Things
Hey everyone!

I was thinking of making a channel to post my own mods on once I had finished them, instead I decided 'Why not post everyones mods?' so now I present my new TUG channel: TheUntitledMods

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUntitledMods

I will be using this channel to showcase mods every week. I am thinking of making the channel purely cinematic overviews, so no voice, just pretty scenery and music depending on the atmosphere of the mod.
Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!

Comments

• ZekloZeklo Posts: 344 Seed
    Cool, I'll be looking forward to it!
    "All things must come to an end." "I am but one of many." "Why? Why not!"
  • Youngy798Youngy798 Posts: 905 Seed
    I need to find some ways to get good cinematic shots in TUG, I will miss not having camera studio mod and smooth panning like in Minecraft. Can you even toggle the HUD in TUG yet?
    Hello there! I am Youngy future owner of Plainhold (hopefully), go read the topic about Plainhold, and the Lemurian Empire, maybe also some of my other posts, like my mining suggestions! :)

Bye!
  • cambocambo Posts: 152 Developer
    Sweet! Loving the idea of more community youtubers! You can press control+u to turn off the hud.
  • PamcakesPamcakes Posts: 738 Seed
    Looking forward to this! :D
    That's a really cool shirt you have on.
    I only have the basic windows live moviemaker, so the videos will be pretty simple at first. I might eventually 'get' some better editing software :)

Bye!
    Anyone know if any companies do free student versions for editing software? like autodesk does for mudbox and 3ds max etc?

Bye!
  • nocarenocare Posts: 92
    I've used a fair share of virtual dub in the past. As well as tried some of the high end software
    But honestly, look up how to modify settings for windows movie maker to allow for higher quality at lower file size.

You don't need fancy editing software and amarrrrzing transitions. Filming tricks, like you see in movies, are purely good enough as well as just putting effort into producing quality content. WMM is powerful in it's own right at any rate.

Blender makes for a very powerful video editor too, but it's not quite as straight forward. But it does work and it is 100% free. I have a more enjoyable experience using it over something like VirtualDub.

For screen capturing (modding/installing mods), I will highly recommend either VLC player (yes.. and its crazily amazing) or Microsoft Expression encoder 4, which has a free version.

If you'd like to see what kind quality vlc can produce at amazingly low file sizes, check out my "making a game in java" videos on youtube.

youtube.com/subfuzion

Expression Encoder can capture tug, and vlc probably as well at decent quality. I stick to my totally lame fraps and I've never used anything else for games. Just wins out on the test of time for me.

So for editing or "cropping" clips, I recommend VirtualDub, Windows movie Maker, or blender. There is also avidemux (free). I've used it in the past simply because it allows you to crop a clip without having to spend time encoding it after. But its even worse than virtualDub for compositing.

For your final video compositing I recommend windows movie maker or blender. Expression encoder can do this too, but I've not used it.

Cheers.

Edit: To contribute to your question, microsoft loves to hand out software to kids (get em early), so I'd look into getting a copy of the non-free Expression Encoder. Good luck with your channel!
    Thanks!

I was actually looking at blender last night, I was surprised at how much you could do in Blender. I thought it was just 3d modelling, blender is very impressive for a free software.
    The one thing WLMM misses for me is the video and image overlaying. I have wanted to do some TUG style overlays like the TLG guys do.
    I use fraps for recording, im not sure if I will use it if I find something better. The files are huge, for about 10-15 mins of footage I ended up with a 10gb file.

Bye!
  • Ashen44Ashen44 Posts: 207 Seed
    nice bro! as an absolute LOVER of mods (all thanks to https://www.youtube.com/user/direwolf20) I will probably love this channel! btw I suggest you check out direwolf20's TUG spotlight!
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • ProBeingNoobProBeingNoob Posts: 189 Seed
    Man, that'll be awesome!
    Lemme just sub real quick ^^
    2.jpg
    BMOhn.gif9gF3P.gif
    Mind clicking those eggs?