Curse Forge?

124»

Comments

• TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    This game that switched over wouldn't happen to be KSP, would it?
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • Ashen44Ashen44 REGISTERED Posts: 207 Seed
    yay I liek curse, so yeh, I'm happy you guys have them helping in your modding stuff

PS for anyone who doesn't know who curse is, they own MC forum, and I think also gamepedia? but not sure
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty. The optimist sees it half full. The engineer sees the glass as twice as big as it needs to be.
  • NewcastlegeekNewcastlegeek REGISTERED Posts: 1
    I've used Curse for Hardcore Questing mode for Minecraft and we've had no problem with it, the team behind it (atleast the minecraft team) take feed back very well and try hard to make it some where the developers and community want to use.
  • warmachinezwarmachinez REGISTERED Posts: 25
    Do we know the conclusion of this endeavour? Has a partnership been announced or has silence taken this over?
  • TestamentofTestamentof REGISTERED Posts: 1,234 Seed
    SILENCE SHALL FALL
    The Machine is on....

6.jpg

otViQlH.png
  • KaeltenKaelten REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    Demons run when a good man goes to war
    Thank you for the answer....
  • KaeltenKaelten REGISTERED Posts: 8 Podling
    I'm just having fun with a dr who reference. That answer isn't for me to give, but comes from Ino and team. :)
  • spacedotspacedot REGISTERED Posts: 416 Seed
    Kaelten wrote:
    I'm just having fun with a dr who reference. That answer isn't for me to give, but comes from Ino and team. :)

Seeing as you work for curse you can answer.
  • inoino REGISTERED, ADMINISTRATORS, Moderator, Developers Posts: 131 El Jefe
    Yes, we are going to work with curse to have them host our mods. This relationship also helps us work more closely with FTB as well.

This is not to say anyone HAS to use any of their site or services, and people can place their mods wherever they like. I am confident, however, that Curse can prove with time and an honest chance, that they can provide the tools and service to the modding community, that will help us as a whole.

More than it was a decision of our own, the vast majority of modders we spoke to, from within our own community and the Minecraft community made the choice for us.
    I am a Dev on TUG, and I does teh science

Follow me on the twitters, why not? @inoritewtf
    Thank you for the answer Ino.
  • DungchunkerDungchunker REGISTERED Posts: 70 Seed
    Coming from a modders perspective i don't have any issues with Curse (Premium). Being and avid KSP (Kerbal Space Program) player and modder, KSP used to have there own mod site (Space Port) it was a mess...always had issues uploading files...or getting them to show up...very little support for the site itself, As Squad's focus was on Game making and not so much on the Mod site. They moved to Curse to have a dedicated site...everyone thought it was such a bad thing. Turned out to be great...i haven't had any issues with them or uploading files. Also speaking of Steam Workshop, for convenience i suppose its nice for standard players...not so much modders. Seems there tends to be issues with getting support and file size limits. This could be problematic with some TUG modders as i can see Overhaul mods being made for it in the future and those mods could get quite large.
    Well, you can't make a smoothie with it!

• ICEMAGE83519ICEMAGE83519 REGISTERED Posts: 2 Podling
    edited November 2015
    I'm curious has any decision been made on this?

Yea, we ended up just deciding to roll our own system.

• WingidonWingidon REGISTERED Posts: 1,128 Seed
    edited June 2016
    Ino said:

I'll flag you for necroposting!
    (justkiddingpleasedon'tkillme)
    @Wingidon flagged for shenanigans.

• Deadlock989Deadlock989 REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    What a difference 2 years makes.
  • CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    @Wingidon is chief shenanigans officer of the forum.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    @Charlock with my next startup, i'm taking that title.

• CharlockCharlock REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 293 Seed
    Ino said:

Super posh.
    "I’ve been drunk for about a week now, and I thought it might sober me up to sit in a library."
    Charlock said:

Ino said:

Super posh.
    I say Ino's remarkably capable of taking it indeed. I'll still thrive to become the closest I can get to a community patriarch (unless old members rise again, can't compete with those).
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    Wingidon said:

unless old members rise again, can't compete with those

Sssshhhh you might wake them.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
  • ElfElf REGISTERED Posts: 72 Seed
    I have no horse in this race - I'm not a modder, and have very little interest in acquiring mods. (Maybe that'll change. A friend's been watching the 2B2T Minecraft wars, and an x-ray vision mod for Tug would be nice.) I have no idea what the technical pros and cons are of mod hosting options.

I can say that requiring an extra login, no matter how simple it's made, will lose people. And going with a company that is widely distrusted already will not win any new support, even if it doesn't lose any.

It doesn't sound like this is a "what host should we use" discussion, but more like "we've decided to use Curse... do enough of you hate that idea that we really need to back out of it?" It doesn't sound like people will swear off the game if Curse is used, so.... I guess there's consensus that Curse would be okay.

Ino, telling people that their feedback doesn't contain enough facts is irrelevant. The point is, they don't like Curse. You could, maybe, have a long discussion about the actual whys, and maybe reach the conclusion that (1) other players will disagree with them, or (2) Curse has or will change enough that those reasons won't matter in the future. But if a substantial portion of the tiny active TUG community doesn't like something, that's a real warning flag.

"I don't like them" doesn't mean "I will refuse to play TUG if they're chosen," but it may mean "I'll buy fewer mods than I otherwise would, and I won't recommend them to other people."

Curse may be the best option available; in that case, the focus should be on researching what they do that annoys players and figuring out how to mitigate that.
  • ekohrmanekohrman REGISTERED Posts: 87 Seed
    Ino said:

Curse Forge was long ago abandoned. Nerd Kingdom created Devotus which works through GitHub. http://devotus.nerdkingdom.com/ I see that it's been updated since last I visited.
    Some call me... Terella.

• Re EvolutionRe Evolution REGISTERED Posts: 1,105 Seed
    Wingidon said:

Charlock said:

Ino said:

Super posh.
    I say Ino's remarkably capable of taking it indeed. I'll still thrive to become the closest I can get to a community patriarch (unless old members rise again, can't compete with those).
    Trust me mate, I am always here. Lurking, and waiting.
    5.jpg
  • RawrRawr REGISTERED, Tester Posts: 509 Seed
    @Wingidon foiled.
    Programmer, designer, artist.
    Oh gods not @Re Evolution , anyone but him.

Still, doesn't beat my ability of flooding the place with posts of mine, even if you have more posts than I.
    Yea this thread is getting a bit old... its already been discussed, talked through, and decided.

124»
This discussion has been closed.